First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Anime you want to LOVE but CAN'T no matter how hard you try
15441 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
I have seen this thread several times, now. I couldn't really think of one. Till , Last Night. In regards, to me... I am going to say HENNEKO – The Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat .
1346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 6/19/13
same here for k-on! i wanna watch but i just don't think i could handle or "get" it ya know
Posted 7/1/13
For me, it has to be deadman wonderland. It's not bad or anything, just rather depressing.
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 7/1/13
Elfen Lied.
Fooly Cooly.
Shugo Chara.

I have watched every episode of each.
And a lot of people really like them.
But not me.
10889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / somewhere in New...
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
For some reason I just can't stick to watching Oriemo. Also Naruto and Lucky Star (yet again, Lucky Star was the most boring anime I saw).
24352 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
I wanted to get into Oreimo this season because the animation is cute and it's a well-loved show, but I couldn't. I found their relationship way too weird and just, yeah.
6053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Gurren Lagann. This anime has so much passion and heart behind it that it's ridiculous. I feel an intense feeling of respect towards this, but after Kamina departs, it began to become insanely hard to watch. Despite the fact that no one should watch this show with their brain and it's an energetic action-fest, the rest of the characters are so shallow and stereotypical it's hard to establish any concern for them.
20490 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 7/2/13

Chicken-kun wrote:

Gurren Lagann. This anime has so much passion and heart behind it that it's ridiculous. I feel an intense feeling of respect towards this, but after Kamina departs, it began to become insanely hard to watch. Despite the fact that no one should watch this show with their brain and it's an energetic action-fest, the rest of the characters are so shallow and stereotypical it's hard to establish any concern for them.


Lmao its ironic you would say that cuz i just finished episode 8, i hated it in the beginning but the past 3 episodes i thought were pretty good. Im going to continue watching but i have to agree with everything you said especially about how the characters act.
6053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 7/2/13

GoldTStar wrote:


Chicken-kun wrote:

Gurren Lagann. This anime has so much passion and heart behind it that it's ridiculous. I feel an intense feeling of respect towards this, but after Kamina departs, it began to become insanely hard to watch. Despite the fact that no one should watch this show with their brain and it's an energetic action-fest, the rest of the characters are so shallow and stereotypical it's hard to establish any concern for them.


Lmao its ironic you would say that cuz i just finished episode 8, i hated it in the beginning but the past 3 episodes i thought were pretty good. Im going to continue watching but i have to agree with everything you said especially about how the characters act.


Yeah I feel obligated to keep watching for completions sake. Someone told me theres a big twist coming right where I am, so I'll probably either be further turned off by the show or become intrigued again.
15059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / Ontario
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Chihayafuru, I think the story is really sweet but I just can't get into it :/
1412 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
CALI!
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/2/13
A Certain Magical Index and Railgun.
Bakemonogatari,SAO
Queen of Support
starry 
37560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Gintama.

I've seen the first 5 episodes between 2007 - 2013 a total of 5 times and I'm still trying. Every time someone brought it up, I would be all excited and gave my best but still ended up putting it on hold.

I was being told that the anime only gets better after episode 56..? That is if I can actually reach it.
12101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 7/2/13
Gintama. I usually skip some episodes and fine a random one. It feels like a sitcom done with a anime look.

22448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Online
Posted 7/2/13

starry wrote:

Gintama.

I've seen the first 5 episodes between 2007 - 2013 a total of 5 times and I'm still trying. Every time someone brought it up, I would be all excited and gave my best but still ended up putting it on hold.

I was being told that the anime only gets better after episode 56..? That is if I can actually reach it.


If you've seen Death Note then you might find episode 25 hilarious. I'm not saying you'll cry, but I am saying I cried lol. It's a pretty standalone episode apart from some in-jokes from the previous episodes.

The annoying thing about Gintama is when I'm recommending it to someone, it always sounds like I'm just trying to convince myself that it's not that bad. But that's not true, because I think it's amazing. It's just that it's a huge meandering show. It's like a fantasy-shounen slice-of-life. The key is getting attached to the characters for the show to work its magic. But it really picks up by episode 25, and I think the first serious arc is like around episode 30? Anyway, it's worth your time and efforts to stick through the first few episodes, like with other shounens or slice-of-lifes.

More eloquent people can tell you much more and better things about it, though. And also, I'm very sleepy, so perhaps I can make this post a bit better tomorrow lol
8034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 7/2/13 , edited 7/3/13
Guilty Crown

It looks beautiful.
The music is amazing.
The concept and idea behind the story is very intriguing.

THE EXECUTION, WRITING, AND CHARACTERS ARE AWFUL.

I have tried to like it. I have tried to like this anime in any respect. I've even tried to tell myself I enjoy it as a guilty pleasure because I REALLY wanted to love it! Heck, there were even rare moments that took my breath away, and scenes and concepts that I thought were really really good. It looks like it has so much work and effort put behind it, trying to make it the next Evangelion or Code Geass or SOMETHING GRAND... but all I can say is "It looks and sounds pretty," because it's just bad writing all around. The last episode almost left me offended by how stupid I felt like the show thought I was, and I didn't care about anything that happened to the main characters. No show should ever make me feel that way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.