First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Kotoura-San Discussions
61135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 2/22/13

saksiss wrote:
Tl'dr: If your comment is a spoiler, add the spoiler button, if it isn't, then don't.

^ This.. This, is perfect logic.
Nuff' said, have a nice day.


Yep. I have to agree with that. Descriptive episode summaries by their nature are spoilers. It's just common courtesy to use spoiler tags.

Aside from that, I thought this was a great episode. Who knew Moritani had such amazing supernatural powers. And she's even more ecchi than Manabe! lmao

MORI MORI MORI
That's a new way to enforce studying, I have to say.
24877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 2/22/13
This article was from yesterday on Anime News Network but still pretty cool: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-21/kotoura-san-manga-print-run-increased-3.5-times-after-anime
50470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

shaunj07 wrote:

This article was from yesterday on Anime News Network but still pretty cool: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-21/kotoura-san-manga-print-run-increased-3.5-times-after-anime


One of the best anime bumps I've seen!
24877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 2/22/13

hpulley wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

This article was from yesterday on Anime News Network but still pretty cool: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-02-21/kotoura-san-manga-print-run-increased-3.5-times-after-anime


One of the best anime bumps I've seen!


No doubt. That first episode was one for the ages.
20100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / US
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

deadpanditto wrote:
MORI MORI MORI
That's a new way to enforce studying, I have to say.
Hmm, except the Tokyo U and Harvard grads think "Oh mehy gayht!" is good English pronunciation.

We also have a new mystery on our hands. As such I'm looking forward to the flashback explaining the tragic middle school accident that permanently deformed Muroto's lips.

22542 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/22/13
Episode 7 was fun. After Episode 6, I was worried it might descend into another generic anime
61135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / KC
Online
Posted 2/22/13

tcfenstermaker wrote:


deadpanditto wrote:
MORI MORI MORI
That's a new way to enforce studying, I have to say.
Hmm, except the Tokyo U and Harvard grads think "Oh mehy gayht!" is good English pronunciation.

We also have a new mystery on our hands. As such I'm looking forward to the flashback explaining the tragic middle school accident that permanently deformed Muroto's lips.



I noticed that too! I hope there's a great explanation involving the pres.
One Punch Mod
47758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/23/13 , edited 2/23/13

deadpanditto wrote:


saksiss wrote:
Tl'dr: If your comment is a spoiler, add the spoiler button, if it isn't, then don't.

^ This.. This, is perfect logic.
Nuff' said, have a nice day.


Yep. I have to agree with that. Descriptive episode summaries by their nature are spoilers. It's just common courtesy to use spoiler tags.

Aside from that, I thought this was a great episode. Who knew Moritani had such amazing supernatural powers. And she's even more ecchi than Manabe! lmao

MORI MORI MORI
That's a new way to enforce studying, I have to say.


I hear what you both are saying, but I still don't agree. I guess it just comes down to different opinions on where the line is between common courtesy and over-protective molly-coddling.

We may disagree about that, but we agree in our enjoyment of Kotoura-san. So I'll limit my future comments here to spoiler-free discussion of the anime.



50470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/23/13

lorreen wrote:

I hear what you both are saying, but I still don't agree. I guess it just comes down to different opinions on where the line is between common courtesy and over-protective molly-coddling.

We may disagree about that, but we agree in our enjoyment of Kotoura-san. So I'll limit my future comments her to spoiler-free discussion of the anime.


This is something that myanimelist.net does much better. For every show and manga there is a forum and there is an individual thread for every episode and chapter so you can happily discuss episode eight without worrying that some people haven't seen it yet. One thread per show is problematic.

Back to Kotoura - san ... Still laughing days later, this show is so funny!
One Punch Mod
47758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/23/13 , edited 2/23/13

hpulley wrote:


lorreen wrote:

I hear what you both are saying, but I still don't agree. I guess it just comes down to different opinions on where the line is between common courtesy and over-protective molly-coddling.

We may disagree about that, but we agree in our enjoyment of Kotoura-san. So I'll limit my future comments her to spoiler-free discussion of the anime.


This is something that myanimelist.net does much better. For every show and manga there is a forum and there is an individual thread for every episode and chapter so you can happily discuss episode eight without worrying that some people haven't seen it yet. One thread per show is problematic.

Back to Kotoura - san ... Still laughing days later, this show is so funny!


Well, CR does have the comment section for each episode of a show, which seems to be a rough equivalent of that. I'll occasionally look at those, but not very often because I find it annoying that I can't get to those comments without going to the episode page itself, which then means the episode starts playing and I have to pause it, and then it will sometimes look in my queue like I've started but not finished an episode--even though I already have. Because I usually watch episodes on Roku and not on my computer I'd like to have a CR place to go for episode comments that doesn't assume I'm there to watch the episode.
50470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/23/13

lorreen wrote:


hpulley wrote:


lorreen wrote:

I hear what you both are saying, but I still don't agree. I guess it just comes down to different opinions on where the line is between common courtesy and over-protective molly-coddling.

We may disagree about that, but we agree in our enjoyment of Kotoura-san. So I'll limit my future comments her to spoiler-free discussion of the anime.


This is something that myanimelist.net does much better. For every show and manga there is a forum and there is an individual thread for every episode and chapter so you can happily discuss episode eight without worrying that some people haven't seen it yet. One thread per show is problematic.

Back to Kotoura - san ... Still laughing days later, this show is so funny!


Well, CR does have the comment section for each episode of a show, which seems to be the equivalent of that. I'll occasionally look at those, but not very often because I find it annoying that I can't get to those comments without going to the episode page itself, which then means the episode starts playing and I have to pause it, and then it will sometimes look in my queue like I've started but not finished an episode--even though I already have. Because I usually watch episodes on Roku and not on my computer I'd like to have a CR place to go for episode comments that doesn't assume I'm there to watch the episode.


I suppose but I have to go back and view the episodes to see if anyone replied and few people do. As you say the episode starts playing, the default order is most popular, some pages let people add comments a week in advance so it ends up full of silliness. It doesn't work as well as a forum posting. And the recent comments have been disappearing so I almost wonder if I should bother posting them at all...

As I said, MAL's organization works MUCH better. People still spoil in the wrong threads of course, they're human and annoying at times But overall it works. You can watch School Days today and go and read the comments on episode 1, then watch episode 2 and just get comments on that episode. It just works!
20100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / US
Offline
Posted 2/25/13 , edited 2/25/13

hpulley wrote:
I suppose but I have to go back and view the episodes to see if anyone replied and few people do. As you say the episode starts playing, the default order is most popular, some pages let people add comments a week in advance so it ends up full of silliness. It doesn't work as well as a forum posting. And the recent comments have been disappearing so I almost wonder if I should bother posting them at all...

As I said, MAL's organization works MUCH better. People still spoil in the wrong threads of course, they're human and annoying at times But overall it works. You can watch School Days today and go and read the comments on episode 1, then watch episode 2 and just get comments on that episode. It just works!


The individual episode comment section here is beyond worthless. First, it has the easily-abused thumbs-up/down feature. If they want thumbs-up, fine; but thumbs-down is just ripe for abuse. And it does get abused. Worse, they rank comments based on how many thumbs-up, having the classic effect of "the rich get richer."

Second, I can't actually read the comments there without streaming the damn episode. This is a nuisance because it messes up my queue if I'm going back to read comments on an older episode. Similarly, if I'm marathoning a season, and I want to look at the comments after I just finished an episode, I have exactly five seconds to read them all before the next episode starts.

Third, you can only nest replies one comment deep. Fourth, you have twitter-length space to make the comment. Fifth, the comments disappear once the episode is removed from CR due to licensing. Sixth, it just sucks.

I'm starting to think that CR does one thing right, and one thing only, and that's stream. While that's the most important thing, I would like to make this my home for anime. But why bother when a) the news is all cribbed from ANN; b) the message boards are junk and c) the store, while offering good prices, is impossible to search easily. Either do it right or don't do it. (Now waiting for the inevitable "so why are you here dork go somewhere else" comment.)

I'll conceded I'm seriously off-topic since none of this has to do with Kotoura-san, but, I felt like venting. (So-much so that I realize I repeated most of the complaints you have already stated, but, that's how much they irk me, I just had to say them all over again.)
32484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 2/25/13

tcfenstermaker wrote:
Second, I can't actually read the comments there without streaming the damn episode. This is a nuisance because it messes up my queue if I'm going back to read comments on an older episode. Similarly, if I'm marathoning a season, and I want to look at the comments after I just finished an episode, I have exactly five seconds to read them all before the next episode starts.

You can turn autoplay off by clicking on the appropriate icon on the video player, at least.

There's been a lot of praise for this show, and I loved how it started... but it's getting stale for me. The jokes are almost exactly the same in every episode, any character development is pretty dang abrupt, and I don't feel that Kotoura's ESP is being used to its full potential as a way to develop relationships and/or the story. There's still potential here, though, so I'll keep watching.
17148 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / US Florida
Offline
Posted 2/25/13
i don't know why, but i'm absolutely in love with this anime and usually i dont get that in to this genre o.O
24877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Online
Posted 2/25/13
Picked off this link from CR's twitter feed about a review of Kotoura-San
http://www.egmnow.com/electricsistahood/anime-review-get-psyched-for-mind-reading-comedy-kotoura-san/

It has spoilers in the review if you haven't watched all the episodes yet.
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.