First  Prev  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
53935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/6/13
but its Karuta man... how much action can you have?

Yeah we all probably think it will end on the first half of the next episode ....oh yeah ...NIshima kun was annoying as well...
19582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13
I'd really love to see more of their personal lives, training, and stuff around school and the club. My favorite was the beginning of the season when they were dealing with recruiting and training new members. I think that over-all season 1 had a better mix of slice of life stuff with the Karuto matches than what we've been seeing lately.
17847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/6/13 , edited 4/6/13

Balzack wrote:

I'd really love to see more of their personal lives, training, and stuff around school and the club. My favorite was the beginning of the season when they were dealing with recruiting and training new members. I think that over-all season 1 had a better mix of slice of life stuff with the Karuto matches than what we've been seeing lately.


32301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/7/13

Deeds1987 wrote:

I did like Sudo's comments, especially when he labelled Megumu as a sadist.


LOL I was laughing at his cackle when he said it I can't believe I like Sudo so much now. I hope I see more of him because he's a friggin' awesome character you love to hate to love..

BDT87 
28896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wales, UK
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
OMG episode 13 was AMAZING, I know i'm late for watching it but DAMN.
This is why I love this series sooooo much.
It had everything, it had drama, comedy, seriousness, touching moments, goosebumps moments.
EVERYTHING!
Loved it! Bring on ep 14!!!
17421 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 4/7/13
Loved the first season, which I came across while browsing Crunchyroll late last year. Eagerly waited for the second season and now feeling withdrawal symptoms while they paused it for the moment... Interested to find out the connection between Arata and Shinobu, and always cheering on Mizusawa high school in their tournaments!
25765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/7/13 , edited 4/7/13

thesearethelastwords wrote:

and always cheering on Mizusawa high school in their tournaments!


I hear ya!!! Now gimme a ミ(mi), gimme a ズ(zu), gimme a サ(sa), gimme a ワ(wa), and gimme a ファイト! (fight-o)!
What's that spell?!?



53935 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/7/13 , edited 4/12/13
my group cosplayed for Chihayaru last year and we played some Karuta during the convention but we were just pretending since we only have one who can actually read the cards fast lol but we have the MIZUSAWA T shirt on


We sure love the first season.
and we all still liked Chihayafuru 2
61249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/8/13

Balzack wrote:

I'd really love to see more of their personal lives, training, and stuff around school and the club. My favorite was the beginning of the season when they were dealing with recruiting and training new members. I think that over-all season 1 had a better mix of slice of life stuff with the Karuto matches than what we've been seeing lately.


THIS. This is exactly what I've been feeling about Chihayafuru lately. I'm just glad Episode 13 brought back what Chihayafuru does best. As much I want that kind of tone to last, I'm sure after the match it'll disappear again.
12011 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / F / Sheffield
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
i am loving the second series it is such a great anime! and if i spoke japanese i probably would play karuta too !!! Looks like lots of fun
11595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
So far I think season 2 is alright.

But yes, I wish to see more of their personal lives as we are getting to love the characters more.

So far so good.

I like how it's just a card game and yet, it's so cool every single match.

I wish chihayafuru is more popular because it's really, really good.
47393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

carmensakura07 wrote:

So far I think season 2 is alright.

But yes, I wish to see more of their personal lives as we are getting to love the characters more.

So far so good.

I like how it's just a card game and yet, it's so cool every single match.

I wish chihayafuru is more popular because it's really, really good.


I'm really enjoying season two.

The manga sells quite well, around 400000 copies per issue, up to 20 issues now. The first season of anime didn't sell that well but it almost broke even and as an advertisement for the manga I guess they felt that a second two-cour season was warranted. I'm glad they did! The manga costs approximately a tenth what the discs cost so 400000 books is like 40000 disc sales which would make it a top seller so the discs don't have to sell much for the production committee to make money.

I've bought the first series BDs and now all the soundtrack CDs for both series which are great! I've started collecting the manga (middle volumes are hard to find) and I've ordered the Blu Rays for season two, first box with episodes 1-12 comes out next month, comes with Daddy Bear and Snow Maru hand towels! Can't wait!
11595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Anime world...
Offline
Posted 4/12/13

hpulley wrote:


carmensakura07 wrote:

So far I think season 2 is alright.

But yes, I wish to see more of their personal lives as we are getting to love the characters more.

So far so good.

I like how it's just a card game and yet, it's so cool every single match.

I wish chihayafuru is more popular because it's really, really good.


I'm really enjoying season two.

The manga sells quite well, around 400000 copies per issue, up to 20 issues now. The first season of anime didn't sell that well but it almost broke even and as an advertisement for the manga I guess they felt that a second two-cour season was warranted. I'm glad they did! The manga costs approximately a tenth what the discs cost so 400000 books is like 40000 disc sales which would make it a top seller so the discs don't have to sell much for the production committee to make money.

I've bought the first series BDs and now all the soundtrack CDs for both series which are great! I've started collecting the manga (middle volumes are hard to find) and I've ordered the Blu Rays for season two, first box with episodes 1-12 comes out next month, comes with Daddy Bear and Snow Maru hand towels! Can't wait!


Wow. Cool.

I plan to read the manga after season 2 finishes and read from where season 2 left off.

Haha, I'm a lazy person. Yea..... lol.
47393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Episode 14 didn't go quite how I expected it, good though! Love the tension all the way to the end and then... someone gets to play finally... great!

And volume 17 of the manga, great! Won't spoil anything... but I got volumes 1-5, 17-20 and will finish getting ahead with 17-20 soon since it is so good. The motions implied by the manga are done very well. Beautifully drawn. Volume 1 in 18th printing!
25900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / Quirm
Offline
Posted 4/12/13
Whew, I can breathe again...
First  Prev  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.