First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/13/13
I'm more concerned WHY Kana said no.. that's not at all like her. Did anyone see her get injured? Outside of the mispronunciation when she was elated that she won her match.. I'm confused.. did I miss something?? Why is Kana bowing out at the finals? ESPECIALLY when she won?
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 4/13/13
I seem to recall a passing moment in one of the previous weeks episodes where Kana said she was or looked completly exhausted. I think it might have been when Porky was getting mad Tsutomu for not wanting to play. So Kana already being tired play 2 matches. I could be way off base but that's what I remember.
28839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 七十七 / ミシガン
Offline
Posted 4/13/13 , edited 4/13/13

Arsenette wrote:

I'm more concerned WHY Kana said no.. that's not at all like her. Did anyone see her get injured? Outside of the mispronunciation when she was elated that she won her match.. I'm confused.. did I miss something?? Why is Kana bowing out at the finals? ESPECIALLY when she won?

Well, the way I see it, people can be tired and still have enough strength to pull off a victory in any sport. But that's why there are substitutions in almost any sport so that they can sub out those that are physically and/or mentally exhausted.
She also already admitted to being tired when she said "Do I look that tired? I'm just fine. I can play another match" and then saying that it was a lie. So my guess is that she's telling the truth and that she's just mentally drained.

I don't think Tsukuba-kun will win his match in the next game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play well.
61705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/13/13

Arsenette wrote:


observantzani wrote:

Just to add to what Deeds1987 said above, you gotta love that moment when


As for the next match, this is just my speculation so I have no idea how if it'll come true or not.... But Mizusawa will definitely lose the match against Fujisaki. Let's face it, the national champions are no easy feat. They crushed Hokuo so easily that everyone else decided to watch the match between First Akaishi Girls vs Mizusawa instead. Even spectators were amazed with the progress of a no-name school has achieved. Personally, I think Fujisaki will become their next goal as a team. For the following year, they'll get even stronger so that one day, they can evenly match them. This year for Mizusawa is meant more for recognition of skills. That hey, there's a good team in Tokyo just waiting to be known.

So for the case of


Wow. I didn't expect I would have a lot to say.


Agreed about the fists and I'm not sure why everyone is using spoilers.. it's not like people are bring up manga information in this.. LOL It was nice to see for a lot of reasons and that one gesture meant more than any words he could say. If nothing else that was the loudest I've ever heard Taichi and he didn't utter a sound. It was really nice and about damn time..

No idea about the next match. We still don't know what was in Komano's notes and I'm sooooooooooooo friggin' happy he FINALLY got a breakthrough. He's always 2nd and for once ALL eyes were on him and managed to deliver. I'm soooooooo happy for him! He didn't buckle under the pressure. I'm hoping Nishida gets a moment like that. I'm also really concerned for Kana.. it's not like her to start crying that she's not okay.. what's wrong??????? I'm so happy SOMEONE was paying attention to her (meaning Tsukuba). Dammit waiting a week suuuuuuuuuuuuucks..


The spoilers are more of a courtesy for the people who have yet to watch the episode.

As for Nishida, he'll surely redeem himself but I don't think it will happen any time soon. I'm guessing it'll be Kana and Tsukaba who'll be the highlight of next episode.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

observantzani wrote:
The spoilers are more of a courtesy for the people who have yet to watch the episode


Never understood that since this is the Chihafuru 2 discussion thread... most people who used the spoiler was injecting manga information that was not in the current episode aired on CR...


suikojay wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

I'm more concerned WHY Kana said no.. that's not at all like her. Did anyone see her get injured? Outside of the mispronunciation when she was elated that she won her match.. I'm confused.. did I miss something?? Why is Kana bowing out at the finals? ESPECIALLY when she won?

Well, the way I see it, people can be tired and still have enough strength to pull off a victory in any sport. But that's why there are substitutions in almost any sport so that they can sub out those that are physically and/or mentally exhausted.
She also already admitted to being tired when she said "Do I look that tired? I'm just fine. I can play another match" and then saying that it was a lie. So my guess is that she's telling the truth and that she's just mentally drained.

I don't think Tsukuba-kun will win his match in the next game, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him play well.


Yeah I don't think we will either but it's nice he's the only one really paying attention to Kana at this point.
One Punch Mod
48690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

hpulley wrote:

You need to give this show at least 3-4 episodes to get going. You will be hooked by then, I was and wish I had given it a chance earlier though at least it meant I got to marathon it instead of waiting each week.


I did the exact same thing. I'd watched a couple of episodes of season 1, but it either didn't grab me or I was looking for something different, so set it aside with the idea that I might come back to it later. When Season 2 was announced I didn't have time to go back and marathon season 1, but did start working through it at about an episode a day, and was kicking myself for not having watched it sooner.

I finished Season 1 yesterday (with the last three episodes which really got me wanting more), and am getting through as much of Season 2 as I can today. I'm really enjoying it and hope to be caught up soon so I can watch, and discuss, the rest as simulcast.

35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

lorreen wrote:


hpulley wrote:

You need to give this show at least 3-4 episodes to get going. You will be hooked by then, I was and wish I had given it a chance earlier though at least it meant I got to marathon it instead of waiting each week.


I did the exact same thing. I'd watched a couple of episodes of season 1, but it either didn't grab me or I was looking for something different, so set it aside with the idea that I might come back to it later. When Season 2 was announced I didn't have time to go back and marathon season 1, but did start working through it at about an episode a day, and was kicking myself for not having watched it sooner.

I finished Season 1 yesterday (with the last three episodes which really got me wanting more), and am getting through as much of Season 2 as I can today. I'm really enjoying it and hope to be caught up soon so I can watch, and discuss, the rest as simulcast.



Yay welcome to the party Definitely though Season 1 is a must to watch Season 2 and be able to understand/enjoy it more.
61705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/14/13

Arsenette wrote:


observantzani wrote:
The spoilers are more of a courtesy for the people who have yet to watch the episode


Never understood that since this is the Chihafuru 2 discussion thread... most people who used the spoiler was injecting manga information that was not in the current episode aired on CR...




I know it's not limited to the manga content only. If you've seen other forums here, many users would comment to other users to not spoil the episode for them. Since I discussed something in episode 14 in detail, I think it's only right I keep it in a spoiler.
57737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
I would guess that he wont win against that team for sure ...Kana probably doesnt have the endurance to do so but she helped bring the team to the finals...

33675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 4/14/13
spoiler tags are fun!




35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 4/15/13

observantzani wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


observantzani wrote:
The spoilers are more of a courtesy for the people who have yet to watch the episode


Never understood that since this is the Chihafuru 2 discussion thread... most people who used the spoiler was injecting manga information that was not in the current episode aired on CR...



I know it's not limited to the manga content only. If you've seen other forums here, many users would comment to other users to not spoil the episode for them. Since I discussed something in episode 14 in detail, I think it's only right I keep it in a spoiler.


I've been a moderator for a loooooooooooooong time in other forums and the idea of using spoilers on currently legally aired content is utter BS. Simple solution is .. don't read the boards until you have seen the current content because it makes zero sense to walk into a DISCUSSION thread and see an endless sea of spoiler tags. There's a HUGE difference with people who read the manga, thus spoiling all content to start spewing content that is not available in the current (or past) episodes that would ruin the experience of others watching the show. But this is not the case. The entire POINT of the discussion thread is to freely talk about what we saw. If you didn't see it don't make everyone else captive to someone's slow viewing habits. This is not the same problem that those are encountering with the video thread where comments are not covered when someone is trying to boot up the episode on their computer and it's right there before they get a chance to watch the content. This is in a discussion thread buried in the anime forum that takes effort to open. It's annoys the living daylights out of me to be suggested that I'm not being courteous or anyone else not being courteous when we are doing what are supposed to be doing. DISCUSSING. As a moderator it's unenforceable since no one did anything wrong and it's hypocritical for someone to say "common courtesy" as if the person freely speaking of a currently aired episode as if they were a criminal, lacking in etiquette and courteousness for doing what the thread was intended to provide. A place to discuss the current episode.

One Punch Mod
48690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 4/15/13 , edited 4/15/13
I'm all caught up!

I'm loving it.

I found Megumu's photo phan phalanx bits pretty annoying though. There was just too much of that being used as comic relief, over and over again. That kind of gag seemed out of character with this show. Now, in the end it did have a point...but I think that point could have been reached without quite so many cuts to the photo guys.

Now, to wait until Friday. I'm so glad there are 11 more episodes to go--that's a nice number of weeks to be looking forward to. (Though I'd certainly be more than happy to watch another season).
24969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
For how long the team matches are taking I'm guessing the individual tournament will finish off the season...
19248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Shirley, NY
Offline
Posted 4/15/13
What I find funny (not haha funny, just.... weird funny) is that the two A class players seem to keep losing their important matches, while the lower class players are somehow managing to get by. I was happy that Kana and Desktomu won their matches though. Its really satisfying to see them improve as much as they have.
61705 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 4/16/13

Arsenette wrote:


observantzani wrote:


Arsenette wrote:


observantzani wrote:
The spoilers are more of a courtesy for the people who have yet to watch the episode


Never understood that since this is the Chihafuru 2 discussion thread... most people who used the spoiler was injecting manga information that was not in the current episode aired on CR...



I know it's not limited to the manga content only. If you've seen other forums here, many users would comment to other users to not spoil the episode for them. Since I discussed something in episode 14 in detail, I think it's only right I keep it in a spoiler.


I've been a moderator for a loooooooooooooong time in other forums and the idea of using spoilers on currently legally aired content is utter BS. Simple solution is .. don't read the boards until you have seen the current content because it makes zero sense to walk into a DISCUSSION thread and see an endless sea of spoiler tags. There's a HUGE difference with people who read the manga, thus spoiling all content to start spewing content that is not available in the current (or past) episodes that would ruin the experience of others watching the show. But this is not the case. The entire POINT of the discussion thread is to freely talk about what we saw. If you didn't see it don't make everyone else captive to someone's slow viewing habits. This is not the same problem that those are encountering with the video thread where comments are not covered when someone is trying to boot up the episode on their computer and it's right there before they get a chance to watch the content. This is in a discussion thread buried in the anime forum that takes effort to open. It's annoys the living daylights out of me to be suggested that I'm not being courteous or anyone else not being courteous when we are doing what are supposed to be doing. DISCUSSING. As a moderator it's unenforceable since no one did anything wrong and it's hypocritical for someone to say "common courtesy" as if the person freely speaking of a currently aired episode as if they were a criminal, lacking in etiquette and courteousness for doing what the thread was intended to provide. A place to discuss the current episode.



No need to get angry. The spoiler button is just one additional button to press for people who want to read the content. We see and do things differently. I don't think you have the right to comment how I want to place my post. It's still within CR's rules. It was rather lengthy so it was better to also put them in spoilers. Also, we're deviating from the forum topic so I suggest if you have any other issues with me, just pm me instead.

First  Prev  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.