First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
Finally found the photo I wanted.. bonus being a gif



This hands down makes me a Sumire fan.. At first I couldn't stand her.. now I'm liking her because she's become quite astute and perceptive far more than I gave her credit for. I still laugh at the Taichi tied to Arata though.. but not quite how she thinks it is.. I guess it depends on the day with him. LOL I thought she would go after him though.. I mean.. he is cute
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13

Arsenette wrote:

Finally found the photo I wanted.. bonus being a gif


This hands down makes me a Sumire fan.. At first I couldn't stand her.. now I'm liking her because she's become quite astute and perceptive far more than I gave her credit for. I still laugh at the Taichi tied to Arata though.. but not quite how she thinks it is.. I guess it depends on the day with him. LOL I thought she would go after him though.. I mean.. he is cute


It is odd. I was mildly annoyed with Sumire's character the first time I watched season 2 but the second time through I love her! She is hilarious, she lets everyone know why she really joined the club flat out, she is actually quite perceptive and in the end she did end up learning to play Karuta and helping Kanade with her (3) eyelashes... It is great in episode 7 I think where they are sleeping together at the championships all the girls and sensei asks her to take her makeup off before she goes to sleep LOL

I like her character even more from what I've read further in the manga so I look forward to her developments in future anime episodes.

I could see shipping Taichi and Arata... That may happen before either Taichi x Chihaya or Arata x Chihaya...
39798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
I'm sure there's Arata x Taichi fanfic out there somewhere.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

Arsenette wrote:

Interesting that you brought that up about the cake on the spoon.. did you notice her reaction? Confusion.. wtf.. then Arata showed up and she forgot all about Taichi and started crying saying that because of this it was the best birthday ever. Sad for Taichi who saw the thing in slow motion as he tried to do something to get her attention away from the message she was just about to receive. Even his calculated attempt didn't work. Heck go back to the first episode.. "you were upset I have a girlfriend?.. it's not like we are..".. "I wonder if Arata has one now".. and then fast forward to THIS episode where Taichi just sees Arata as an enemy now.. I know Taichi shippers hate to see it.. but he really is petty.


Well you are viewing the situations from the polar opposite bias so lets be honest there.

Confusion and surprise would fit her reaction yes, confusing because Taichi never makes any clear indications he is interested in Chihaya romantically, almost everything he does is easily written off as close friends being close friends to Chihaya. She isn't blind to his strange reactions like with the cake or him not wanting her to go into his room, her confusion there again is she assumes that they are just friends so she doesn't understand why it's a problem. She also does things that seem to indicate it isn't just friendship to her at least subconsciously, the girlfriend thing like you mention, but neglect to mention when she gets home she continues pouting that some girl calls him Ta-kun. Other things like supporting his head on the way back from one of the tournaments when he was sleeping in the car and crawling up next to him while he was sleeping in episode 19 I think.

All of her reactions in regards to Arata can be read as infatuation with him as a karuta "god" or it could be love. She looks up to him and wants to be reunited for more than a few passing moments at tournaments. The converse to that is she spends much of her time with Taichi already so her reactions will be far more exaggerated when seeing Arata or talking to him. As far as the petty and enemy thing, it's no different than being rivals. Taichi has to compete with someone who he can't measure up to in karuta yet because it's the one thing he really shares with Chihaya. Her aspirations of becoming Queen show just how important it is for Taichi to improve and perhaps even try to make Master or at the very least beat Arata in a match so he can prove himself in Chihaya's eyes.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

hpulley wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

Finally found the photo I wanted.. bonus being a gif


This hands down makes me a Sumire fan.. At first I couldn't stand her.. now I'm liking her because she's become quite astute and perceptive far more than I gave her credit for. I still laugh at the Taichi tied to Arata though.. but not quite how she thinks it is.. I guess it depends on the day with him. LOL I thought she would go after him though.. I mean.. he is cute


It is odd. I was mildly annoyed with Sumire's character the first time I watched season 2 but the second time through I love her! She is hilarious, she lets everyone know why she really joined the club flat out, she is actually quite perceptive and in the end she did end up learning to play Karuta and helping Kanade with her (3) eyelashes... It is great in episode 7 I think where they are sleeping together at the championships all the girls and sensei asks her to take her makeup off before she goes to sleep LOL

I like her character even more from what I've read further in the manga so I look forward to her developments in future anime episodes.

I could see shipping Taichi and Arata... That may happen before either Taichi x Chihaya or Arata x Chihaya...


I think because she's being blow away by the high caliber (especially by comparison to her) performances of the Nationals that she hasn't had a chance to be what she was when we first met her. I mean.. does she forget about Taichi at all? I mean she was crazy for him. I know Kana is rooting for Taichi hoping Chihaya forgets about Arata since "the president is working so hard".

Another random thought I laughed out loud when Arata's first round was against Shoji. The poor guy was in tears when he saw the cards and literally crying before the match started and they were lined up for the first card read.. LOL
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13

Arsenette wrote:

I think because she's being blow away by the high caliber (especially by comparison to her) performances of the Nationals that she hasn't had a chance to be what she was when we first met her. I mean.. does she forget about Taichi at all? ...


In the individuals we will get to at least see the players playing in their own leagues which is more fair than the team event where they try to pit their worst players against the best on the opposing team and vice versa to improve their chances but this leads to lopsided A class player victories against poor Sumire.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

tommythecat wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

Interesting that you brought that up about the cake on the spoon.. did you notice her reaction? Confusion.. wtf.. then Arata showed up and she forgot all about Taichi and started crying saying that because of this it was the best birthday ever. Sad for Taichi who saw the thing in slow motion as he tried to do something to get her attention away from the message she was just about to receive. Even his calculated attempt didn't work. Heck go back to the first episode.. "you were upset I have a girlfriend?.. it's not like we are..".. "I wonder if Arata has one now".. and then fast forward to THIS episode where Taichi just sees Arata as an enemy now.. I know Taichi shippers hate to see it.. but he really is petty.


Well you are viewing the situations from the polar opposite bias so lets be honest there.

Confusion and surprise would fit her reaction yes, confusing because Taichi never makes any clear indications he is interested in Chihaya romantically, almost everything he does is easily written off as close friends being close friends to Chihaya. She isn't blind to his strange reactions like with the cake or him not wanting her to go into his room, her confusion there again is she assumes that they are just friends so she doesn't understand why it's a problem. She also does things that seem to indicate it isn't just friendship to her at least subconsciously, the girlfriend thing like you mention, but neglect to mention when she gets home she continues pouting that some girl calls him Ta-kun. Other things like supporting his head on the way back from one of the tournaments when he was sleeping in the car and crawling up next to him while he was sleeping in episode 19 I think.

All of her reactions in regards to Arata can be read as infatuation with him as a karuta "god" or it could be love. She looks up to him and wants to be reunited for more than a few passing moments at tournaments. The converse to that is she spends much of her time with Taichi already so her reactions will be far more exaggerated when seeing Arata or talking to him. As far as the petty and enemy thing, it's no different than being rivals. Taichi has to compete with someone who he can't measure up to in karuta yet because it's the one thing he really shares with Chihaya. Her aspirations of becoming Queen show just how important it is for Taichi to improve and perhaps even try to make Master or at the very least beat Arata in a match so he can prove himself in Chihaya's eyes.


I admit the bias but Arata has never seen Taichi as a rival in any aspect so far. Even when kids he was clear that they both were interested in Chihaya and even kept the secret of knowing that Taichi was the glasses thief because they BOTH shared the same interest in her. This goes far beyond card playing. Ever since Chihaya went after Arata (well before she knew about Karuta) she was drawn to him and felt the need to protect him from Taichi. Well before she came to his house and played with him she was drawn to him and even risked being alienated by the pushy Taichi. Arata has already stated why he stays away.. because he thought she already belonged to Taichi which is why he gave him the number to give to her instead of going to her directly.

I agree that Chihaya has feelings for Taichi. To say she doesn't is just plain stupid. I don't however believe they are stronger than what she feels about Arata. Proximity to Taichi hasn't hurt him other than showing that he blew all of his chances for years while Arata was away. Arata and Taichi are polar opposites in every way. I'm still of the feeling that the mangaka has already made her decision about who she might end up with. It's in the title of the show.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

hpulley wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

I think because she's being blow away by the high caliber (especially by comparison to her) performances of the Nationals that she hasn't had a chance to be what she was when we first met her. I mean.. does she forget about Taichi at all? ...


In the individuals we will get to at least see the players playing in their own leagues which is more fair than the team event where they try to pit their worst players against the best on the opposing team and vice versa to improve their chances but this leads to lopsided A class player victories against poor Sumire.


Yay I'm looking forward to that! I'm afraid though it might be rushed with so much to happen in 5 episodes
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
Ehh kids are little shits no doubt but you can hardly blame an elementary school boy for acting like a prick then now that hes in high school. As much as you hear about Taichi being petty in his inner monologue he has never acted that way directly to Arata since they met again that I recall. Arata has known they are not couple for a while now so the balls been in his court about moving back to Tokyo.

Whats in the name? Chihaya Full? I don't understand the reference
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

tommythecat wrote:

Ehh kids are little shits no doubt but you can hardly blame an elementary school boy for acting like a prick then now that hes in high school. As much as you hear about Taichi being petty in his inner monologue he has never acted that way directly to Arata since they met again that I recall. Arata has known they are not couple for a while now so the balls been in his court about moving back to Tokyo.

Whats in the name? Chihaya Full? I don't understand the reference


I'm going to quote Kana in Episode 2.. "we are in season 2 and you still don't know what the title of the show means?"
After that explanation they tied Arata and Chihaya to that description.

As for the elementary school boy.. IMO he hasn't changed (and one could argue neither has Chihaya.. LOL) while Arata has moved passed it. The same inner monologue that Taichi had as a kid still lingers which is why we keep bringing it up. At the same time he knows he is screwing up. When Arata was brought back into the conversation a few episodes ago and Kana was worried.. Taichi told Kana that she (meaning Chihaya) wouldn't stay a blind fool forever. He knows he's losing the battle but can't seem to find the balls to own up and move on his own accord rather than constantly reacting to Arata's presence. Arata on the other hand has always been a bit more confident and self reliant (and that's not at all in reference to any monetary standing for either Arata or Taichi - that's something beyond their control) as a personality trait. I think that's why I'm drawn to him. I don't care if he (Arata) screws up, he finds out what is making him screw up and fixes it, watches what he's doing/affecting others and strives to achieve his dream. Taichi hasn't figured out wtf he wants to do with himself but has a way to find ways to keep Arata away from Chihaya while he tries to find himself. With Arata in Tokyo he won't have that luxury next year and he sees him as a threat to his happiness with Chihaya. I'm curious to see how he handles the news and treats Chihaya in the process. I feel like I'll be screaming at the screen soon if he deals with it with his 10 year old old self rather than his 16 year old self.
39798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13 , edited 5/29/13
Chihaya sneaking up on Taichi and then falling asleep last week was incomprehensibly adorable.

I just think she's not sure what she thinks, and she's burying it with karuta.

And "Chihayafuru" is the first line of Chihaya's favorite card, but off the top of my head I forget what the translation is. I remember Arata pointing it out to her because it had her name when she first played karuta at his house.

Edit:

Nevermind, that's "Chihayaburu", so I'm back to having no idea.

http://chihayafuru.wikia.com/wiki/Ogura_100_Poems#17._Impassionate_Gods

But google tells me "-furu" means "to fall from the sky."
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
The meaning behind the poem doesn't actually make it clear at all it's ambiguous as to who it might refer to. It could mean Taichi, or it could mean Chihaya.

I knew this already
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13
I think 2 people need to marathon (early) season 2
39798 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

Arsenette wrote:

I think 2 people need to marathon (early) season 2

Hai Hai. I'll have an opening in my schedule after 77 more episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 5/29/13

Insomnist wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

I think 2 people need to marathon (early) season 2

Hai Hai. I'll have an opening in my schedule after 77 more episodes of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.


Aahahahahahahahaha

Still though.. I love the complexity of this anime. I love how each of the main characters are not simple people. Makes it more "realistic".
First  Prev  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.