First  Prev  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
36365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

deadpanditto wrote:

The book I have features woodblock prints from Hokusai. It's a beautiful book, and worth the $50, imo.
http://www.amazon.com/Hokusai-Hundred-Poets-Peter-Morse/dp/0807612138

If you want a free and scholarly translation, this site has one of the best:
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/japanese/hyakunin/


I read the scholarly one but I swear I want the descriptions like Kanna did.. (you know it means this because such and such had an affair and she loved blah blah). I think that's why I liked the .. crap what was it called.. the show where they had a few of the stories in an anime? I can't remember the name but I saw every episode. THAT is what I want
29156 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
58 / M / My couch, usually
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

Arsenette wrote:
I read the scholarly one but I swear I want the descriptions like Kanna did.. (you know it means this because such and such had an affair and she loved blah blah). I think that's why I liked the .. crap what was it called.. the show where they had a few of the stories in an anime? I can't remember the name but I saw every episode. THAT is what I want :)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/utakoi
36365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

asharka wrote:


Arsenette wrote:
I read the scholarly one but I swear I want the descriptions like Kanna did.. (you know it means this because such and such had an affair and she loved blah blah). I think that's why I liked the .. crap what was it called.. the show where they had a few of the stories in an anime? I can't remember the name but I saw every episode. THAT is what I want :)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/utakoi


Thank you that's it In fact dangit imma marathon that again Thanks!
63083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

Arsenette wrote:



Thank you that's it In fact dangit imma marathon that again Thanks!


Yeah, I loved that show too. :)
That show and Chihaya has gotten me to start reading "The Tale of Genji". It's beautiful, but huge.
58877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 6/11/13
Yeah I like Utakoi too. Its very pretty . Got most of my favorite smooth talking seiyuu in it

69868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 6/11/13

Gotenz wrote:


agila61 wrote:


Gotenz wrote: I haven't read this thread not even one comment.
But im pretty sure all it says is
"Chihayafuru is AWESOME"

Don't be daft. There's also "Arata is awesome" and "Taichi is awesome". Duh!


I am extremly sorry but chihaya is just more awesomer...


(1) I agree that Chihaya Furu is just more awesomer

(2) But there are comments in the forum that proclaim that Arata and/or Taichi are awesome, without mentioning Chihaya Furu's most excellent awesomeness.

63083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / KC
Offline
Posted 6/13/13
One of my friends brought me back this beautiful Chihaya paper folder. :)
41673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Online
Posted 6/14/13
Nice episode.

(Tags for episode 23, since it just came out an hour ago).
22162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / US
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
You just have to respect any sport that confers upon its most accomplished players the designation, "Eternal Master." Tell me that isn't the coolest title ever.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
My eye's were 100% dry at the end I swear...




148868 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 6/14/13

tommythecat wrote:

My eye's were 100% dry at the end I swear...





I got the same feeling too


23036 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 6/14/13
Eternal Master is granted after 7 years as a Grand Champion
21955 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
Oh wow, that last episode was great! Must admit I teared up at the end... Go Taichi!

Now I hope they catch the class A match... I want to see it too!
One Punch Mod
49539 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 6/14/13

thesearethelastwords wrote:

Oh wow, that last episode was great! Must admit I teared up at the end... Go Taichi!

Now I hope they catch the class A match... I want to see it too!

Every episode is so great! They are each over so quickly. That was quite a tense little moment with Chihaya having to choose between Arata's and Taichi's matches.

Looking forward to a good long look at Arata and Shinobu's match next episode.

49397 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 6/14/13
After episode 23, I have another reason to like Chihaya, for the first time in the series, she made a really selfless decision.

I agree with others, can't wait to see the outcome of the A class finals.
First  Prev  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.