First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/21/13 , edited 9/21/13

hpulley wrote:

Forcing myself to translate some lines into English gives me better meaning than leaving it in my brain in Japanese if that makes any sense.


I completely understand what you mean. When I try to translate some things from Spanish to English I'm laughing because it makes perfect sense in my head.. but trying to explain it to someone else that doesn't know the language I get weird looks..

BDT87 
30896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Wales, UK
Offline
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13
Still waiting on it, plus still haven't come across Tonari a.k.a My little monster OVA
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/22/13

BDT87 wrote:

Still waiting on it, plus still haven't come across Tonari a.k.a My little monster OVA

Wow, the TnK OVA has been out for ages, well over a month. If it isn't out now...

Not sure if Sukitte is out and about.

Glad I bought all three! Reminds me I need to rewatch Sukitte and TnK OVAs...
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
I'm expecting some time next week for it so I won't go nuts trying to find it. I have a couple websites bookmarked and will wait for that.
83313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/22/13
The dark side has given say I love you, my little monster.
145047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 9/22/13

hpulley wrote:


BDT87 wrote:

Still waiting on it, plus still haven't come across Tonari a.k.a My little monster OVA

Wow, the TnK OVA has been out for ages, well over a month. If it isn't out now...

Not sure if Sukitte is out and about.

Glad I bought all three! Reminds me I need to rewatch Sukitte and TnK OVAs...


Yeah, the My Little Monster OVA came out weeks ago along with Sukitte. I think both came out nearly the same time. Btw just for clarification regarding Chihayafuru OVA, it is material adapted from the manga right?
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/22/13 , edited 9/22/13

stark700 wrote:

Yeah, the My Little Monster OVA came out weeks ago along with Sukitte. I think both came out nearly the same time. Btw just for clarification regarding Chihayafuru OVA, it is material adapted from the manga right?
No Chihayafuru OVA is a anime-only story, as far as I know.
83313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

Arsenette wrote:

I'm expecting some time next week for it so I won't go nuts trying to find it. I have a couple websites bookmarked and will wait for that.


The dark side of the force. Just FYI, whatever you interpret this post as.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/23/13

AnimeKami wrote:


Arsenette wrote:

I'm expecting some time next week for it so I won't go nuts trying to find it. I have a couple websites bookmarked and will wait for that.


The dark side of the force. Just FYI, whatever you interpret this post as.


Thanks Even though so far there are no subtitles in what I can find thanks to hpulley for the synopsis! Otherwise it's just like looking at moving pictures with a couple of words I understand here and there



51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/24/13
Sales figures are out for box 2 which I bought:


Chihayafuru 2 v2 sells 2562/482, total 3,044. Series average: 3,235.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=2032856#post2032856
Alright! I'm glad to have helped keep it over 3000 sales. While not super stellar sales, they are higher than season 1 and along with the good manga sales I am hopeful that we will see season 3... eventually... probably not soon though.

Winter 2015 is my prediction for another 2-cour season for the manga to get far enough ahead that there is enough material... unless... they do a middle school version based on the 3 novels. They could make one cour out of that in the interim if they felt like it.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/24/13

hpulley wrote:

Sales figures are out for box 2 which I bought:


Chihayafuru 2 v2 sells 2562/482, total 3,044. Series average: 3,235.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?p=2032856#post2032856
Alright! I'm glad to have helped keep it over 3000 sales. While not super stellar sales, they are higher than season 1 and along with the good manga sales I am hopeful that we will see season 3... eventually... probably not soon though.

Winter 2015 is my prediction for another 2-cour season for the manga to get far enough ahead that there is enough material... unless... they do a middle school version based on the 3 novels. They could make one cour out of that in the interim if they felt like it.


Yay I still think they should do an ova or something of the middle school thing. The little that I read I liked because you got to see the missing pieces in the middle that made them the people they are now. I find that stuff fascinating personally.
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/13
39018 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 9/26/13
Does anyone know where you can buy the full 1-9 volume BD boxset of Chihaya1?
51979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 9/27/13 , edited 9/27/13

TuxedoAck wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy the full 1-9 volume BD boxset of Chihaya1?
They were sold as singles at first. Amazon did have a cheap bundle deal on it for a while but that is over, still a few offered used here but that was probably a one time thing:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00DCOBY5G
The singles are still there of course. It has never been licensed for here and there are no subs.

----

Oh and the light novel ranked again too which pleasantly surprised me:
**5,940 *14,523 Novel Chihayafuru Chuugakusei-hen Vol.3

14.5K isn't bad, nothing compared to the manga but light novels tend to sell lower unless they're Sword Art Online...
35365 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/26/13
Finally saw the sub of the OVA.. HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I really wish CR would have it though. Doubtful since they never added the OVA's to Usagi Drop either
First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.