First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
24875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 12/19/13
Good article talking about this anime, the manga, and karuta---> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/house-of-1000-manga/2013-12-19
34353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 12/20/13

shaunj07 wrote:

Good article talking about this anime, the manga, and karuta---> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/house-of-1000-manga/2013-12-19


Thanks! That was well written. Anything praising this series in such a way is good in my book.
33617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 1/6/14
I think I found a trailer for the live action version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKX0hwHEJX0
34353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/7/14

meygaera wrote:

I think I found a trailer for the live action version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKX0hwHEJX0



That was a joke obviously but wow now I can't think of chibi Arata/Chihaya scene the same now!
33617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 1/7/14
My favorite part is when Pink Shirt Boy goes "Is this really karuta?" Right before Long Johns Silver swipes a card and head shots Beanie Boy.
34353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/9/14
LOL

Btw isn't the Master/Queen match this month? I mean.. the real one?
18758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/19/14 , edited 1/19/14
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-19/competitive-karuta-showcased-on-nhk-world-sports-japan

NHK World has a Sports Japan episode with a segment on Karuta (it's an English program). There's some very cool high speed camera footage and sound analysis looking at how much sound can be used to identify a card (around 8 minutes in).

NHK World has an official streaming service accessible from their homepage that streams the channel. Reruns of the episode are coming up in the next 9 hours; the first of which is in 1 hour. You could also find the episode on youtube at the moment, but that's non-official and not guaranteed to always be there.
34353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/14
Thank you so much! I just saw it (someone put it on YouTube - I'm sure it will be taken down - link was in the comments section of ANN).
33617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
My super belated Christmas present has just arrived. I decided to import this, instead of getting a ps4.
34353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/26/14
Oh hot dang That's beautiful
23414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 5/19/14 , edited 5/19/14
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE CHIHAYAFURU 2, VOTE FOR IT IN THE BEST OF 2013 THREAD.

LESS THAN 15 MINUTES LEFT!~

/forumtopic-844021/2013-battle
33617 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

Arsenette wrote:
Oh hot dang That's beautiful


hpulley wrote:Yes, the cards are actually quite small.


shaunj07 wrote:
Good article talking about this anime, the manga, and karuta---> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/house-of-1000-manga/2013-12-19


GoldTStar wrote:FOR THOSE WHO LIKE CHIHAYAFURU 2


Sorry for the quotes, I figured no one would end up back here without a little notification. But I can't hold in the excitement of what I want to say! Unfortunately it's not some secret announcement of season 3 (fingers are still crossed; they are starting to hurt though), but I did meet someone very special last week while I vacationed in Japan.

I was able to visit the Sagami Women's University outside of Yokohama to watch some Karuta where I was greeted by Watanabe Fumie and some administrative members of the University. Watanabe Fumie is one of the eternal queen's of Karuta! She held the title of queen for 14 years. It was a huge surprise to me. The University also held a special tea ceremony for my family as well. Super Awesome! More than one thing has been checked off my bucket list!


They were all extremely excited that foreigners were interested in Karuta. In fact I felt kind of bad walking into the room where the matches were being held because all eyes were on ME even from the competitors. It was the F/G class tournament so there were many little girls and a few boys as well. I think I may have unintentionally altered the flow of games for a few.

I wish I could have gotten pictures and video, I was even told I was allowed to, but I was so afraid of my phone going off randomly that I decided to shut it off for good (it's a brand new phone so I still don't know how to work it, plus I kept getting messages from my credit card/bank/phone about overseas charges...etc).

Sure enough though, halfway through the matches I heard the familiar sound of "Chihayabura..." followed by "WHAM!!!!" and a card flies, skirting towards my left foot. I reach down to pick it up, but as soon as my hand touches it the girl who had hit it swipes it away and carries on with her match as if I didn't exist at all. I guess I wasn't as much of a towering influence as I had thought.






50456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

meygaera wrote:


Sorry for the quotes, I figured no one would end up back here without a little notification. But I can't hold in the excitement of what I want to say! Unfortunately it's not some secret announcement of season 3 (fingers are still crossed; they are starting to hurt though), but I did meet someone very special last week while I vacationed in Japan.

I was able to visit the Sagami Women's University outside of Yokohama to watch some Karuta where I was greeted by Watanabe Fumie and some administrative members of the University. Watanabe Fumie is one of the eternal queen's of Karuta! She held the title of queen for 14 years. It was a huge surprise to me. The University also held a special tea ceremony for my family as well. Super Awesome! More than one thing has been checked off my bucket list!


They were all extremely excited that foreigners were interested in Karuta. In fact I felt kind of bad walking into the room where the matches were being held because all eyes were on ME even from the competitors. It was the F/G class tournament so there were many little girls and a few boys as well. I think I may have unintentionally altered the flow of games for a few.

I wish I could have gotten pictures and video, I was even told I was allowed to, but I was so afraid of my phone going off randomly that I decided to shut it off for good (it's a brand new phone so I still don't know how to work it, plus I kept getting messages from my credit card/bank/phone about overseas charges...etc).

Sure enough though, halfway through the matches I heard the familiar sound of "Chihayabura..." followed by "WHAM!!!!" and a card flies, skirting towards my left foot. I reach down to pick it up, but as soon as my hand touches it the girl who had hit it swipes it away and carries on with her match as if I didn't exist at all. I guess I wasn't as much of a towering influence as I had thought.


The quote failed to notify me but I saw the thread anyway.

So great to meet Fumie!

The anime and manga have done wonders to increase the knowledge and popularity of karuta around the world.

Volume 25 just came out. I was hoping to see an announcement but no such luck. Still hoping ...
24545 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

Well, you didn't notify me, but I about had a heart attack when I saw the thread get bumped—foolish me, knowing it wasn't a season 3 announcement but hoping against hope anyways.

Anyways, really cool story! Was real life karuta anything like it appears in the show? I've seen a few matches on YouTube, but it's not the same as actually being there.


hpulley wrote:
Volume 25 just came out. I was hoping to see an announcement but no such luck. Still hoping ...

Just from the simply math of the chapters, I'm guessing we wouldn't hear another season announcement for a couple of months more minimum. They averaged about 45ish chapters a season for 1 & 2, and they're still a bit off of that with where the manga is. I wonder how close the story in the manga is to being over...I've been meaning to pick up the manga, but scanlations on the computer are hard to read. But I love love love the anime, so I'll get to them eventually.
27536 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

GoldTStar wrote:
FOR THOSE WHO LIKE CHIHAYAFURU 2, VOTE FOR IT IN THE BEST OF 2013 THREAD.

LESS THAN 15 MINUTES LEFT!~

/forumtopic-844021/2013-battle

Damn, so close too...
First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.