First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
Post Reply Chihayafuru 2 Discussions
33645 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / on your lap, purring
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

bathroom64 wrote:
Damn, so close too...


Rofl, I thought the same until I saw the date of the post...I wish I could have been notified when it was originally posted!


Anyways, I added some actual quotes to my post above so let me know if anyone quoted received a notification. I still wish there was a way to follow a thread or at least track the posts you make. I made a suggestion about it in feedback a while ago, and judging by the amount of times my suggestion had been quoted I assume a lot of people want something like that as well.


50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:
...

hpulley wrote:
Volume 25 just came out. I was hoping to see an announcement but no such luck. Still hoping ...

Just from the simply math of the chapters, I'm guessing we wouldn't hear another season announcement for a couple of months more minimum. They averaged about 45ish chapters a season for 1 & 2, and they're still a bit off of that with where the manga is. I wonder how close the story in the manga is to being over...I've been meaning to pick up the manga, but scanlations on the computer are hard to read. But I love love love the anime, so I'll get to them eventually.
Yeah, I was going by hoping that it would be in winter 2015 and usually green light announcements are a bit earlier though I think they were in Septemberish time frames for the last two seasons so hopefully volume 26 will be both enough material and a good time to make an announcement and as you say as long as things look like they're going to continue as it is getting on in their high school lives and while it IS a josei publication it is still a bit rare for manga to continue past graduation.

In this case however, I think if Chihaya does continue on with karuta while going to university to become a teacher I think that... could work? We'll see. They could even have her start being a teacher, marrying Arata, being the advisor to a new karuta club... we can dream, right?

Edit: I buy the books as I also dislike reading on the computer Almost used to the iPhone app but still prefer books.

Edit 2: Volume 26 comes out October 10th so perhaps then we shall hear something.
24929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

hpulley wrote:
In this case however, I think if Chihaya does continue on with karuta while going to university to become a teacher I think that... could work? We'll see. They could even have her start being a teacher, marrying Arata, being the advisor to a new karuta club... we can dream, right?

FTFY.

Don't spoil anything for me please, but if Chihaya ends up with Arata and not Taichi, I. will. spit. nails.

EDIT: Is the manga available in English?
29028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:
Don't spoil anything for me please, but if Chihaya ends up with Arata and not Taichi, I. will. spit. nails.

She will end up with whoever is King.
28218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:


hpulley wrote:
In this case however, I think if Chihaya does continue on with karuta while going to university to become a teacher I think that... could work? We'll see. They could even have her start being a teacher, marrying Arata, being the advisor to a new karuta club... we can dream, right?

FTFY.

Don't spoil anything for me please, but if Chihaya ends up with Arata and not Taichi, I. will. spit. nails.


Not surprised at all that Ibless would go for the pretty boy
although I can't blame you since a majority of character building was given to Taichi...Hell I will even flat out say it, Tai is the best made character in the show...from the development of a pure brat as a kid, into someone who his discovering who he is, and what he wants.
But still not a character I would chose for anything, simply for knowing others like him, and all I can say is, go f%#k your privilege self.

With that said...He needs someone else. Chihaya is an Achilles Heel that will destroy him sooner or later (I do not mean that in a romantic, cute weak spot way, she will strait up be his downfall one way, and he will never recover from it). So I hope she ends up with someone else outside of the viewer scope, alone (hopefully not, she is a swell girl)...or Arata as a final choice.
24929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

cay032692 wrote:
Not surprised at all that Ibless would go for the pretty boy

Oh ho ho.

I....don't know how to respond. xD

although I can't blame you since a majority of character building was given to Taichi...Hell I will even flat out say it, Tai is the best made character in the show...from the development of a pure brat as a kid, into someone who his discovering who he is, and what he wants.
But still not a character I would chose for anything, simply for knowing others like him, and all I can say is, go f%#k you privilege self.

Yeah, he has gotten the lion's share of the character development. And so much of that rests on his relationship with Chihaya. I guess I just feel after all the work he's done, I want to see him actually win her heart. The rich boy thing never really bothered me because, you know, it's not his fault he was privileged. In fact, he's worked really hard despite being privileged, never taking it for granted. He can only deal with the problems that he has, and I'm not going to begrudge him for what he can't control.

I understand that others might not share that POV, though.

With that said...He needs someone else. Chihaya is an achillies heel that will destroy him sooner or later.

This is actually a really good point, but I think that's mostly because of how immature Chihaya is still. I think that once she grows up and learns to focus more on others and less on herself (she was making strides in this department in the second season) she'll be able to support Taichi as much or more than he supports her.
28218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / U.S
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:
Yeah, he has gotten the lion's share of the character development. And so much of that rests on his relationship with Chihaya. I guess I just feel after all the work he's done, I want to see him actually win her heart. The rich boy thing never really bothered me because, you know, it's not his fault he was privileged. In fact, he's worked really hard despite being privileged, never taking it for granted. He can only deal with the problems that he has, and I'm not going to begrudge him for what he can't control.

I understand that others might not share that POV, though.

This is actually a really good point, but I think that's mostly because of how immature Chihaya is still. I think that once she grows up and learns to focus more on others and less on herself (she was making strides in this department in the second season) she'll be able to support Taichi as much or more than he supports her.


Oh don't get it wrong, trust me I can tell he really is a great guy/person/human, and as you said, my agitation towards him is but my PoV, and really don't hold it against him as a character, I just have issues with him as a Person I can mirror some I know
Even with how I despise the person he, is my Favorite character of the show lol, the Irony right? Well right next to Chihya, but that should be obvious.

Your last section is one of my major reason I am begging for a S3....I just need to see the finality of her growth (I want to see her fully get out of her space and acknowledge those around her as other beings(Tachi FFS, throw him a bone! or fully reject, just give him something) with devotion outside of Kurata) and reading the manga won't give me the same emotional impact, so I am still crossing my finger for the final, adaptation...or more if they wish.
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
I'm the same way with Taichi, I've told iblessall this before: I expect to like him once his arc is all said and done, but until then I really only see a kid who thinks his first world problems are the most soul-crushing tribulations in the universe.

Once he gets over that I'll give him a cheer, but while it's going on I just want to Gibs-slap him.

Either way I don't have an OTP for this show, it'd feel to contrived.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it was really awesome to read.
50581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:


hpulley wrote:
In this case however, I think if Chihaya does continue on with karuta while going to university to become a teacher I think that... could work? We'll see. They could even have her start being a teacher, marrying Arata, being the advisor to a new karuta club... we can dream, right?

FTFY.

Don't spoil anything for me please, but if Chihaya ends up with Arata and not Taichi, I. will. spit. nails.

EDIT: Is the manga available in English?

That was not a spoiler, that was my personal hope for the OTP.

Is it a spoiler to say that... you didn't want spoilers... so I won't say anything. But... oh, nothing...

Not licensed yet aside from an old bilingual edition of the first volume or something like that, sorry. I read the Japanese original version.
24929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

Insomnist wrote:
I'm the same way with Taichi, I've told iblessall this before: I expect to like him once his arc is all said and done, but until then I really only see a kid who thinks his first world problems are the most soul-crushing tribulations in the universe.

I find that radically unfair to Taichi. He doesn't think he has the worst problems in the world. He has his problems, and they affect him the way they do. Taichi is never as "woe is me" character. He braces himself, takes what's coming to him, and he weathers it the best he can. Don't forget he's still a teenager, hugely prone to emotion.

He can't help feeling what he feels, and I think the way he manages his emotions is truly admirable, no matter the source.


@cay032692 a lot of my thoughts about Taichi are fleshed out more articulately in the blog post I wrote on Chihayafuru recently.
25304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Free World Jail
Offline
Posted 7/20/14




Wow...that's really cool how you visited there. They seem so welcoming too!
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:


Insomnist wrote:
I'm the same way with Taichi, I've told iblessall this before: I expect to like him once his arc is all said and done, but until then I really only see a kid who thinks his first world problems are the most soul-crushing tribulations in the universe.

I find that radically unfair to Taichi. He doesn't think he has the worst problems in the world. He has his problems, and they affect him the way they do. Taichi is never as "woe is me" character. He braces himself, takes what's coming to him, and he weathers it the best he can. Don't forget he's still a teenager, hugely prone to emotion.

He can't help feeling what he feels, and I think the way he manages his emotions is truly admirable, no matter the source.

Taichi's issue is he doesn't like who he is, and he wants to change.

I don't like who he is either, so I'll be happy when he does.

But while he's stuck being unhappy with who he is, I'm going to be unhappy too.

So my issue is literally that I'm empathizing with him too much.

I'm actually MORE UNHAPPY because he's also unhappy than if he were just not unhappy.

The fact that he's unhappy and stuck in that unhappiness is what makes me unhappy by proxy.



PS: Some hyperbole was employed in my previous post.
29028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14
Gotta be honest, when he gets rejected, it's going to feel oh so sweet.
24929 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 7/20/14 , edited 7/20/14
^I hate you.

I started reading the manga tonight, but it's sort of killing me. I don't know which I want more, to keep seeing more about these characters or to wait for a new season that may never come (and if it does, it's still probably at least a year away).

What do I do? I'm flailing here haha.
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 7/20/14

iblessall wrote:

^I hate you.

I started reading the manga tonight, but it's sort of killing me. I don't know which I want more, to keep seeing more about these characters or to wait for a new season that may never come (and if it does, it's still probably at least a year away).

What do I do? I'm failing here haha.

READ IT DAMN IT.
First  Prev  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.