First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction
Posted 1/14/13
I think of emotions
4939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/14/13

Zenairis_Serean wrote:

This law applies to far more than physics however, it applies to almost everything in life. What do you think of when you hear it?


Like the Butterfly Effect?
Posted 1/14/13 , edited 1/14/13


Haha. Happy? You're life's gonna suck tomorrow.

Ha ha ha ha It'okay...
HAPPY?!
Banned
31570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
This law applies to everything.
12977 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Murphy's Law and karma are almost similar and related to each other...
picture this what goes up must come down unless youre a bird and know how to fall with grace.... but still, if the bird took a shit while in flight it must come down(Murphy's Law). now Karma - for every action there is a reaction - same as being angry and taking a walk where that bird is......well I'll cut to the point. its a great possibility to be very angry in a park. and for some reason a bird happens to shit on you while flying... now thats karma and Murphy's law
42580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/14/13 , edited 1/14/13
If I tell most Christians that I don't believe in God, they don't tell me that they do. They tell me all about how God is wonderful and I'm going to hell and blah blah blah.

So I don't think that rule applies to life in general, just physics, unless you're Christian, then God bonded those molecules and made that water boil.
42078 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Texas
Offline
Posted 1/14/13

BearSol wrote:
So I don't think that rule applies to life in general, just physics, unless you're Christian, then God bonded those molecules and made that water boil.


As a Christian and an engineer, I'm sort of curious what you mean by that?

I mean, I do believe that the universe was created with intent, so God did create the fundamental rules that undergird physics, say. But what'cha mean?
13618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/14/13
Physics law only apply to physics...
... Anyone that use physics to describe something abstract is a conman.
13618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/14/13 , edited 1/14/13

Nyuboom wrote:

I think of emotions

You mean emotions have an oppostie effect?!
First, lets not fixate on the fact that an emotion isn't an action.
How would you describe the opposite reaction of me being jealous?



PhyongHwa wrote:


Zenairis_Serean wrote:

This law applies to far more than physics however, it applies to almost everything in life. What do you think of when you hear it?


Like the Butterfly Effect?


The butterfly is a physical effect...
...Chaos theory is calculable... just extremely improbable...
21103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
BIG TEXAS
Online
Posted 1/15/13
I've created a special stone so this law doesn't apply



47280 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / US
Offline
Posted 1/15/13
What do I think when I hear it? I think that it isn't true -- at least not directly as most people understand it.

And philosophically I KNOW it isn't true from experience. One friend gives a little more than another. One lover loves a little more than the other. One person spends a little more on another. Good deeds go ignored, evil deeds go unpunished. The notion that "equal and opposite reaction" applies to life as well as physics is just outright incorrect. That sounds like something a stoned, conservative christian highschool guidance counselor would put on a motivational poster.

"for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" is more of an expression to track the movement and conversions of energy. If I apply 2 pounds of pressure on a counter with my finger, both the counter and my finger tip experience that pressure. If I throw a ball, there is a force on the palm of my hand as well as the ball. Energy cannot be destroyed so it all has to go somewhere, but if for every action there were a literal equal and opposite reaction, the universe would be completely static.
42580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

shard147 wrote:


BearSol wrote:
So I don't think that rule applies to life in general, just physics, unless you're Christian, then God bonded those molecules and made that water boil.


As a Christian and an engineer, I'm sort of curious what you mean by that?

I mean, I do believe that the universe was created with intent, so God did create the fundamental rules that undergird physics, say. But what'cha mean?


I mean, "If I tell most Christians..." You can read the entire comment in the context in which it was started. Which means, not to say that all Christians are this way, but in 'Murica, most of the overly vocal ones I've run across aren't as 'modern' in their Christianity.
42580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/15/13 , edited 1/15/13

shuyi000 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:

I think of emotions

You mean emotions have an oppostie effect?!
First, lets not fixate on the fact that an emotion isn't an action.
How would you describe the opposite reaction of me being jealous?


The opposite of jealous would be akin to disinterest or indifference, no?

EDIT: Emotions are actions, just internal and too small to witness without tools.
13618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

BearSol wrote:


shuyi000 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:

I think of emotions

You mean emotions have an oppostie effect?!
First, lets not fixate on the fact that an emotion isn't an action.
How would you describe the opposite reaction of me being jealous?


The opposite of jealous would be akin to disinterest or indifference, no?

EDIT: Emotions are actions, just internal and too small to witness without tools.


In that case...disinterest & indifference could potentially be the opposite of most intense feelings...

By action you mean chemical reaction at molecular level within brain region? If that is what you mean, then the "opposite reaction" would be chemical based too.

You do understand the meaning of action in physics right? It is the phenomena of physical movement with a path of history.
Banned
31570 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / The Universal Con...
Offline
Posted 1/15/13

shuyi000 wrote:

Physics law only apply to physics...
... Anyone that use physics to describe something abstract is a conman.


No, dumbass. Physics describes all of reality. Durr durr daya daya durr!

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.