First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction
43656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/17/13

shuyi000 wrote:


BearSol wrote:


About disinterest/indifference;
You see, envy is a want for something someone else has. The only opposite could be not wanting it. Hence the disinterest and indifference. Whereas love is an attraction to someone and the opposite would be hate, a repulsion from someone. Fear as well, a distressing emotion brought on by the thought of danger, pain or discomfort, has courage, the will to confront such dangers, pain or discomforts.


If you want to get down to it.... the opposite of jealousy/envy is more likely to be selflessness/ charity.



BearSol wrote:

About the chemical reactions at molecular levels "within brain region;"
Want me to talk about something that you never wrote about then try and call you out for not knowing it, without knowing myself whether or not you actually do? Wouldn't make much sense would it?

I hope that wasn't your attempt at trolling.


Biochemistry within body obey chemical rules.
It doesn't really have a so called opposite reaction. Of course, if i'm mistaken... if free to point it out.


About the envy/jealousy thing; envy refers to the discontent one feels in regards to the want of something. The opposite would be the content one feels for the lack of want for something.
Selflessness/charity do not apply, however they ARE incompatible with envy, if that's what you were getting at. Their opposites however are selfishness and greed.

About the biochemistry thing, do you realize you're having a conversation with yourself?
You brought it up, you asked me about it, assumed my ignorance, and now you're trying to convince me you're right, when I've never given a thought on the matter.
Leave me out of your inner dialogue please.
13685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/17/13

BearSol wrote:

About the envy/jealousy thing; envy refers to the discontent one feels in regards to the want of something. The opposite would be the content one feels for the lack of want for something.
Selflessness/charity do not apply, however they ARE incompatible with envy, if that's what you were getting at. Their opposites however are selfishness and greed.

About the biochemistry thing, do you realize you're having a conversation with yourself?
You brought it up, you asked me about it, assumed my ignorance, and now you're trying to convince me you're right, when I've never given a thought on the matter.
Leave me out of your inner dialogue please.


The lack of feeling is not the opposite of anything... it is the opposite of nothing...

I did a little bit of google.... the opposite of jealousy is widely identified as Compersion


So can i assume you do not agree with the hypothesis that the 3rd laws apply to every single thing?
43656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

shuyi000 wrote:


BearSol wrote:

About the envy/jealousy thing; envy refers to the discontent one feels in regards to the want of something. The opposite would be the content one feels for the lack of want for something.
Selflessness/charity do not apply, however they ARE incompatible with envy, if that's what you were getting at. Their opposites however are selfishness and greed.

About the biochemistry thing, do you realize you're having a conversation with yourself?
You brought it up, you asked me about it, assumed my ignorance, and now you're trying to convince me you're right, when I've never given a thought on the matter.
Leave me out of your inner dialogue please.


The lack of feeling is not the opposite of anything... it is the opposite of nothing...

I did a little bit of google.... the opposite of jealousy is widely identified as Compersion



So can i assume you do not agree with the hypothesis that the 3rd laws apply to every single thing?


(Buffer for CR's glitchy quote failure)


So wikipedia says we we're both wrong. Go us? I can at least comfort myself in being correct in my logic, just wasn't familiar enough with the word to remember compersion. Not exactly a word one see or hears often. However, I'll certainly remember it henceforth.

And good luck with your self v self debate on physics and the workings of the brain on a molecular level. I can't wait to see who wins.
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lorddisick wrote:

So like.
Karma?


Not really. Karma is the sum total of your actions in reference to your next life. You cannot believe in karma and not believe in the the hindu process of reincarnation. Both are vastly misunderstood. The original saying "action reaction blah blah blah", was a physics thing. But in regards to everyday life it holds true since everyday life is governed by physics.

Example I am hungry I intend to acquire nourishment. I act upon this. Reaction cars must be filled with fuel for driving to the store, which stimulates oil production. I must buy groceries. Reaction, farmers get to feed there families and can afford to continue running a farm, reaction there will be food at the store next time as well. Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life.
13685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Somewhere.... per...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13 , edited 1/19/13

BearSol wrote:


And good luck with your self v self debate on physics and the workings of the brain on a molecular level. I can't wait to see who wins.


I win...

See what i just did there?
43656 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / So Cal
Offline
Posted 1/20/13 , edited 1/20/13

shuyi000 wrote:


BearSol wrote:


And good luck with your self v self debate on physics and the workings of the brain on a molecular level. I can't wait to see who wins.


I win...

See what i just did there?


If you want to make yourself feel better by living a lie, then you've every right to.

See what I just did there?
13657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
Karma? What you throw out into the universe must come back either with a positive or negative impact?

I believe in it.

Example:

You do something negative. Such as, steal from a friend. That friend finds that thing is gone, and starts consulting others about it. Then one fell day, when your negative activity is going to be re-payed, perhaps you happen to have that item on you, and a friend finds it. Either by you dropping it, or you happen to be holding it, etc etc. "Hey, isn't that (insert name here)'s (insert item name here)?" Once your thievery has been discovered, then you're friendship with the person you stole from trust will cripple. And perhaps those who are also your friend will distrust you.
1573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Zanarkand
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
I thought of Fullmetal Alchemist when I heard it for some reason....hahahah.
17469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 2/24/13
I think of politicians and the law of unintended consequences.
124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Edmonton, AB
Offline
Posted 2/24/13 , edited 2/24/13
I think that it's kinda true to a certain extent.

Like, when there is life, there is death?
Happiness, when there is sadness;
The poor & the rich.
The fortunate & the unfortunate.

If it wasn't the world wouldn't be as balanced?
LOL, idkk.

_Oh my bad, this isn't an action.. haahh
Sailor Candy Moderator
164355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25
Offline
Posted 10/1/13
It's literally been over a half a year, plus 2 months since this was last posted in. Feel free to recreate if you so desire. Closed due to inactivity.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.