First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Why do some adults act in unempathetic ways?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/18/13

lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Okay then, you claim that God is omnipotent. I acknowledge that I will never be omnipotent, so you cannot claim that I am aspiring to Godhood.



You are still aspiring to Godhood, given that your moral pratting against the Others seems nothing less then an attempt to exercise power, whether physical or moral, over them.


It is not, that is just what you want to think it is in order to justify your troll attempts.


I think the title of troll is more aptly applied to yourself- in that most of your post are attempts, it seems, intentionally created to provoke, rather than create a discussion of any kind. For example, you advocate segregation of people with psychological problems because they are all rapists and criminals, you censor adults for being 'unempathetic' with all the moral authority of a Pope or a Pat Robertson, and then continue to post up the most inflammatory nonsense, without, it seems, having any reasoned arguments for your prejudice. I highly doubt that you are even sincere in these posts.
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13 , edited 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:


I think the title of troll is more aptly applied to yourself- in that most of your post are attempts, it seems, intentionally created to provoke, rather than create a discussion of any kind.


I can't help it if you feel butthurt.




For example, you advocate segregation of people with psychological problems because they are all rapists and criminals,


Not permanent segregation if their problems can be fixed.




you censor adults for being 'unempathetic' with all the moral authority of a Pope or a Pat Robertson,


Not all adults, just some.




and then continue to post up the most inflammatory nonsense, without, it seems, having any reasoned arguments for your prejudice.


Then tell me why I am wrong.





There is not much in your post, but vituperation and ad hominem attacks, without a single semblance of argument or intellect mixed in't. This first sentence, indeed, excellently exemplify your usual mode of discourse- insult, prolixity, and obscurity. But, stylistical critique aside, I find myself agreeing with you in the first part of the sentence, that I am 'man-child', but only in this sense: I embody the virtues of both man and child, where the wisdom and prudence of adult man, is felicitously joined with curiosity, freshness, and vigour of intellect of a child. From this most happy of combination springs, as you yourself said, a 'man-child', a being embodying the excellencies of both with the defects of neither. I therefore posses what the Greeks called ἀρετή, the Latins Virtus, and am more fully deserving than that ancient philosopher, Hermes, of the title Τρισμέγιστος! If I seem arrogant, or 'self-righteous', it is only because I am right and you are wrong, and what appears to be arrogance and self-righteousness in me is only envy on your part.

But, you are wrong to say that my own brain cannot 'differentiate its own self-soothing pleasure generated by your own fantasy', or, to put it more economically, 'comforting self-delusions', for delusion is for the lower order of men, like yourself, and is totally absent in those who have transcend Man.

Quite the contrary, I am Super-human, approaching, if not already in, the level of deity. I am not simply a great man, as Divus Julius, Bonaparte, Jeanne D'Arc, etc. were, rather I am the prophecised Super-human of the Persian Prophet Zoroaster! I point the way to a new man, a more perfect man, thus, I use the metaphor of the God of Israel because that is where I stand in relation to the rest of current mankind.


Why do you think you are perfect?

Why do you isolate yourself from everyone else?

Why do you choose to look down upon others?

Why are you so afraid of death?

Why do you choose to not empathize with people?

Why do you choose to live?

Why do you think you are right?

Why do you think you are omniscient?

Why are you a hypocrite and accuse me of not creating a discussion?

What makes you better than everybody else?
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/19/13 , edited 1/19/13
longfenglim is still arguing? He really has no idea that he is a person shut off from reality and a person who is only using his left half of his brain. He only has half a brain basically, therefore he does not understand the concept of empathy and emotions very well.

It is simple why some people don't act in empathetic ways. The reason why they are like that is because they are psychopaths.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


I think the title of troll is more aptly applied to yourself- in that most of your post are attempts, it seems, intentionally created to provoke, rather than create a discussion of any kind.


I can't help it if you feel butthurt.


No, I am not 'butthurt'- a rather vulgar way of putting it- rather I am amused, which is why I even bother to continue a discussion with someone so delightfully devoid of intelligence as yourself.



[quoteNot permanent segregation if their problems can be fixed.

So, you support segregation and brainwashing of certain groups to fit a mode that you have imposed upon them.




Not all adults, just some.


Of course, those that don't conform to how you want them to behave.




Then tell me why
I am wrong.

I have, you just repeat the same thing over and over again- some may liken this to arguing with a wall, I find it rather like arguing with a tape recorder






Why do you think you are perfect?


Because I am.


Why do you isolate yourself from everyone else?


I don't.


Why do you choose to look down upon others?


Because I need to look down in order to see others.


Why are you so afraid of death?


What gave you that impression?


Why do you choose to not empathize with people?


Why did you murder your mother?


Why do you choose to live?


To bring wisdom onto the darkness of the world. To war against ignorance and stupidity and bring forth a new era of Reason and Rationality.


Why do you think you are right?


Because my opinions are more grounded on the facts of the world than who ever I am arguing at the moment.


Why do you think you are omniscient?


Because I am.


Why are you a hypocrite and accuse me of not creating a discussion?


No, because if DomFortress refuses to engage in a discussion with me, refuse to answer to any argument present, and instead resort to petty attacks upon my character, infallible as it is, I can only dispute his libels.


What makes you better than everybody else?


Because I have reason and intelligence in greater abundance than almost everyone else.
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

-Vega- wrote:

longfenglim is still arguing? He really has no idea that he is a person shut off from reality and a person who is only using his left half of his brain. He only has half a brain basically, therefore he does not understand the concept of empathy and emotions very well.

It is simple why some people don't act in empathetic ways. The reason why they are like that is because they are psychopaths.


Well said, my friend.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


-Vega- wrote:

longfenglim is still arguing? He really has no idea that he is a person shut off from reality and a person who is only using his left half of his brain. He only has half a brain basically, therefore he does not understand the concept of empathy and emotions very well.

It is simple why some people don't act in empathetic ways. The reason why they are like that is because they are psychopaths.


Well said, my friend.


Thank you.
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13 , edited 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


I think the title of troll is more aptly applied to yourself- in that most of your post are attempts, it seems, intentionally created to provoke, rather than create a discussion of any kind.


I can't help it if you feel butthurt.


No, I am not 'butthurt'- a rather vulgar way of putting it- rather I am amused, which is why I even bother to continue a discussion with someone so delightfully devoid of intelligence as yourself.


How is it amusing?





Not permanent segregation if their problems can be fixed.


So, you support segregation and brainwashing of certain groups to fit a mode that you have imposed upon them.


Only if they are unable to solve their problems on their own.





Not all adults, just some.


Of course, those that don't conform to how you want them to behave.


Yes.





Then tell me why I am wrong.


I have, you just repeat the same thing over and over again- some may liken this to arguing with a wall, I find it rather like arguing with a tape recorder


No you don't, you just tell me that I am wrong, without explaining why I am wrong.







Why do you think you are perfect?


Because I am.


How?





Why do you isolate yourself from everyone else?


I don't.


By claiming to be better than everyone else, you are isolating yourself from them.





Why do you choose to look down upon others?


Because I need to look down in order to see others.


But you cannot see others if you are looking down.





Why are you so afraid of death?


What gave you that impression?


You are running away from it in your attempt to become a deity.





Why do you choose to not empathize with people?


Why did you murder your mother?


When did I murder my mother?





Why do you choose to live?


To bring wisdom onto the darkness of the world. To war against ignorance and stupidity and bring forth a new era of Reason and Rationality.


But humankind doesn't need you to do that, we have libraries.





Why do you think you are right?


Because my opinions are more grounded on the facts of the world than who ever I am arguing at the moment.


What facts do you speak of?





Why do you think you are omniscient?


Because I am.


How?





Why are you a hypocrite and accuse me of not creating a discussion?


No, because if DomFortress refuses to engage in a discussion with me, refuse to answer to any argument present, and instead resort to petty attacks upon my character, infallible as it is, I can only dispute his libels.


Did I just see a tear stream down your cheek?





What makes you better than everybody else?


Because I have reason and intelligence in greater abundance than almost everyone else.


How does that make you better than everybody else?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

DomFortress wrote:Then you have a messiah complex, which makes you no different than the German Nazis with their racial supremacy manifesto, and the Japanese Imperialists with their "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" propaganda respectively.


Ah, the best way to start the morning is with Godwin's Law. But, there is where you are wrong, unlike Christ, I come not to bring a sword, but to bring peace! With my advent, the swords shall be made into ploughshares, the spears into pruning-hooks, nations shall not arm themselves against each other, and never again shall they learn war. All men shall unite in the name of Reason. It is rather inapt to compare me to the German Nazis (as opposed to the Austrian, French, or other Nazis or Nazi collaborator), and the Japanese Imperialists in that my primary purpose is more didactic, rather than militaristic, and I am more comparable to Diogenes of Sinopes of Momus, in that I am a revealer of truth, unbeholden to Society, to Government, or even to Gods.


Or the modern Hollywood equivalent of the Marvel mythical villain Loki; the Asgardian God of Mischief. Who's jealous of other fellow deities' social standing, while himself was obsessed with social status and supremacy over others.


Rather, being in a position above all other there is no need to be jealous of those in an inferior state, and rather, what I feel for them is not jealousy or envy, but pity, which is why I reach out to them, and spread my wisdom!


And there are always be men like you, just as how there will always be those who're obsessed with themselves becoming the oppressive and powerful alpha-male in just about every baboon tribes. but with exception observable within Nature.


Foolish, I do not strive to dominate, nor do I strive to be 'alpha-male', in that I have reach a state where I have transcended sex, and no longer identify myself by it, as you humans do. Rather, I am a man of peace, who shall lead the way the next stage of humanity, I do not strive to dominate other, only that I should allow other to join me in this state of perfection- Lo, Son of Man, you have evolved from worm to man, but there is still much inside you that is Worm!
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:

Ah, the best way to start the morning is with Godwin's Law. But, there is where you are wrong, unlike Christ, I come not to bring a sword, but to bring peace! With my advent, the swords shall be made into ploughshares, the spears into pruning-hooks, nations shall not arm themselves against each other, and never again shall they learn war. All men shall unite in the name of Reason. It is rather inapt to compare me to the German Nazis (as opposed to the Austrian, French, or other Nazis or Nazi collaborator), and the Japanese Imperialists in that my primary purpose is more didactic, rather than militaristic, and I am more comparable to Diogenes of Sinopes of Momus, in that I am a revealer of truth, unbeholden to Society, to Government, or even to Gods.

Foolish, I do not strive to dominate, nor do I strive to be 'alpha-male', in that I have reach a state where I have transcended sex, and no longer identify myself by it, as you humans do. Rather, I am a man of peace, who shall lead the way the next stage of humanity, I do not strive to dominate other, only that I should allow other to join me in this state of perfection- Lo, Son of Man, you have evolved from worm to man, but there is still much inside you that is Worm!


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:
How is it amusing?


In that when I have thought you have reached the apex of stupidity, you always surprise me by going further.



Only if they are unable to solve their problems on their own.


So, then, you would have to confess, that everyone is, in fact, capable of solving their problems on their own, either by visiting psychologists of their own initiative, or finding a way to cope with their problem, then you have no need for your programme.





Yes.


Exactly, which is why you are like the Pope and Pat Robertson.






No you don't, you just tell me that I am wrong, without explaining why I am wrong.


If you are unable to read, that is not my problem, I have made my argument, that it is in no way possible moral, that most of your proposal rest on fallacious a priori assumptions, rather than any hard evidence, that it lacks an understanding of the basic principles of Justice, that it is no better than an apartheid government, etc.





How?


In every way.





By claiming to be better than everyone else, you are isolating yourself from them.


No, by claiming that I am better than everyone else, I, being so, am now qualified to be the teacher of everyone else.





But you cannot see others if you are looking down.


Quite the contrary, I can only see others when I am looking down, because I am at such a height.




You are running away from it in your attempt to become a deity.


I am not a deity- that is only where I stand in relation to current man, and therefore, where I say that 'I am God', I mean that metaphorically, in that I am, indeed, God, compared to the rest of mankind.




When did I murder my mother?


Around the same time I lost empathy for mankind.




But humankind doesn't need you to do that, we have libraries.


No, for I am the personification of γνῶσις and the bringer of σοφίᾱ, your library did not seem to make you any smarter, and, if the library is the sum of all knowledge, it follows that mankind cannot advance. I, however, am the Catalyse to bring mankind to a higher stage, to be like me, my work is one of kindness. Soon, all the books in the library will be obsolete thanks to me, and only serve as a curiosity of our more primitive state. Following me shall be an era where they shall gradually be replaced by literature created by and for the consumption of greater man- fellows in the Fraternity of Reason and Enlightenment!




What facts do you speak of?


Depends on the argument.






How?


Because I am.




Did I just see a tear stream down your cheek?


It is the tear of Pity, for my Love of mankind is boundless, and seeing so many members of the human race being so stupid makes me realise that I must preserver in my duties, to light them from the darkness and the abyss of ignorance.




How does that make you better than everybody else?


Being superior in that respect, I have it in such abundance, that it makes up for any inferiority in any other respect, thus, you may say, I am Super-Human.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Ah, the best way to start the morning is with Godwin's Law. But, there is where you are wrong, unlike Christ, I come not to bring a sword, but to bring peace! With my advent, the swords shall be made into ploughshares, the spears into pruning-hooks, nations shall not arm themselves against each other, and never again shall they learn war. All men shall unite in the name of Reason. It is rather inapt to compare me to the German Nazis (as opposed to the Austrian, French, or other Nazis or Nazi collaborator), and the Japanese Imperialists in that my primary purpose is more didactic, rather than militaristic, and I am more comparable to Diogenes of Sinopes of Momus, in that I am a revealer of truth, unbeholden to Society, to Government, or even to Gods.

Foolish, I do not strive to dominate, nor do I strive to be 'alpha-male', in that I have reach a state where I have transcended sex, and no longer identify myself by it, as you humans do. Rather, I am a man of peace, who shall lead the way the next stage of humanity, I do not strive to dominate other, only that I should allow other to join me in this state of perfection- Lo, Son of Man, you have evolved from worm to man, but there is still much inside you that is Worm!


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?


Why do you hate Freedom so much?
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:
How is it amusing?


In that when I have thought you have reached the apex of stupidity, you always surprise me by going further.


How would that make me a troll?





Only if they are unable to solve their problems on their own.


So, then, you would have to confess, that everyone is, in fact, capable of solving their problems on their own, either by visiting psychologists of their own initiative, or finding a way to cope with their problem, then you have no need for your programme.


That is false, because some people still commit sexual assaults, homocides, and hate crimes.








No you don't, you just tell me that I am wrong, without explaining why I am wrong.


If you are unable to read, that is not my problem, I have made my argument, that it is in no way possible moral, that most of your proposal rest on fallacious a priori assumptions, rather than any hard evidence, that it lacks an understanding of the basic principles of Justice, that it is no better than an apartheid government, etc.


That isn't explaining why I am wrong, it is just giving reasons why I could be wrong.







How?


In every way.


Name every way.







By claiming to be better than everyone else, you are isolating yourself from them.


No, by claiming that I am better than everyone else, I, being so, am now qualified to be the teacher of everyone else.


What evidence is there to prove this qualification?







But you cannot see others if you are looking down.


Quite the contrary, I can only see others when I am looking down, because I am at such a height.


Those are figments of your imagination, not people.






You are running away from it in your attempt to become a deity.


I am not a deity- that is only where I stand in relation to current man, and therefore, where I say that 'I am God', I mean that metaphorically, in that I am, indeed, God, compared to the rest of mankind.


You still wish to become a deity.






When did I murder my mother?


Around the same time I lost empathy for mankind.


And when was that?






But humankind doesn't need you to do that, we have libraries.


No, for I am the personification of γνῶσις and the bringer of σοφίᾱ, your library did not seem to make you any smarter, and, if the library is the sum of all knowledge, it follows that mankind cannot advance. I, however, am the Catalyse to bring mankind to a higher stage, to be like me, my work is one of kindness. Soon, all the books in the library will be obsolete thanks to me, and only serve as a curiosity of our more primitive state. Following me shall be an era where they shall gradually be replaced by literature created by and for the consumption of greater man- fellows in the Fraternity of Reason and Enlightenment!


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?






What facts do you speak of?


Depends on the argument.


Name every fact for every single argument that could possibly exist.








How?


Because I am.


How?






Did I just see a tear stream down your cheek?


It is the tear of Pity, for my Love of mankind is boundless, and seeing so many members of the human race being so stupid makes me realise that I must preserver in my duties, to light them from the darkness and the abyss of ignorance.


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Ah, the best way to start the morning is with Godwin's Law. But, there is where you are wrong, unlike Christ, I come not to bring a sword, but to bring peace! With my advent, the swords shall be made into ploughshares, the spears into pruning-hooks, nations shall not arm themselves against each other, and never again shall they learn war. All men shall unite in the name of Reason. It is rather inapt to compare me to the German Nazis (as opposed to the Austrian, French, or other Nazis or Nazi collaborator), and the Japanese Imperialists in that my primary purpose is more didactic, rather than militaristic, and I am more comparable to Diogenes of Sinopes of Momus, in that I am a revealer of truth, unbeholden to Society, to Government, or even to Gods.

Foolish, I do not strive to dominate, nor do I strive to be 'alpha-male', in that I have reach a state where I have transcended sex, and no longer identify myself by it, as you humans do. Rather, I am a man of peace, who shall lead the way the next stage of humanity, I do not strive to dominate other, only that I should allow other to join me in this state of perfection- Lo, Son of Man, you have evolved from worm to man, but there is still much inside you that is Worm!


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?


Why do you hate Freedom so much?


Because it leads to unnecessary suffering.
38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Ah, the best way to start the morning is with Godwin's Law. But, there is where you are wrong, unlike Christ, I come not to bring a sword, but to bring peace! With my advent, the swords shall be made into ploughshares, the spears into pruning-hooks, nations shall not arm themselves against each other, and never again shall they learn war. All men shall unite in the name of Reason. It is rather inapt to compare me to the German Nazis (as opposed to the Austrian, French, or other Nazis or Nazi collaborator), and the Japanese Imperialists in that my primary purpose is more didactic, rather than militaristic, and I am more comparable to Diogenes of Sinopes of Momus, in that I am a revealer of truth, unbeholden to Society, to Government, or even to Gods.

Foolish, I do not strive to dominate, nor do I strive to be 'alpha-male', in that I have reach a state where I have transcended sex, and no longer identify myself by it, as you humans do. Rather, I am a man of peace, who shall lead the way the next stage of humanity, I do not strive to dominate other, only that I should allow other to join me in this state of perfection- Lo, Son of Man, you have evolved from worm to man, but there is still much inside you that is Worm!


Then why do you not want to prevent crime?


Why do you hate Freedom so much?


Because it leads to unnecessary suffering.


Since the rest of society is unnecessarily suffering under your ignorance, you'd better keep your ignorance to yourself and practice more restraint on your stupidity, innit?


How is society suffering under my ignorance?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/19/13

lordseth23 wrote:

How would that make me a troll?


Only because of my hope that no one can reasonably be that stupid, and you are only creating a persona to bait others with, others who are unfortunate enough not to realise this.




That is false, because some people still commit sexual assaults, homocides, and hate crimes.


Then we punish them after they commit a crime and have been proven guilty of that crime. Also, its homicide.







That isn't explaining why I am wrong, it is just giving reasons why I am be wrong.



Amended.






Name every way.


If I had world enough, and time...






What evidence is there to prove this qualification?


By the body of text that I have left on this site, which proves, beyond a doubt, that I am so infinitely wise that I am qualified to teach the rest of humanity.





Those are figments of your imagination, not people.


So you are a figment of my imagination, now, are you? What, then, am I responding to?





You still wish to become a deity.


Why should I wish to be something inferior to that which I already am?






And when was that?


When you murdered your mother.





Then why do you not want to prevent crime?


Why do you want to rape and murder puppies and kittens?





Name every fact for every single argument that could possibly exist.


My vegetable love should grow vaster than empires, and more slow





How?


אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה





Then why do you not want to prevent crime?


For the same reason why you want to burn orphanages and retirement homes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.