First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
Post Reply Why do some adults act in unempathetic ways?
121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / US South Carolina
Offline
Posted 3/19/13
abuse not harming my fellow man I am a pacifist by nature of my upbringing sorrow the seeds of understanding.
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

DeckardXLeah wrote:

I've met many people in life usually the ones who treat others in such way are people who have little knowledge of the bad things going on. I have two colleagues from south america they are both educated one is a dentist in mexico. He often tells me story such as the authority there are the same guys that rob the folks sometimes resulting in killing them he have seen such an event. On the other hand my other colleague she is more sheltered. She is the one that is often aggressive and a few other things.

I think in conclusion folks who knows how to treat others poorly are people who are kinder towards others I know, it's crazy what I cannot believe more is I typed this long ass message on my android phone





I agree with you unequivocally, but I also am constantly surprised by overemotional involvements that people open themselves to and pay for. Their seems to be less common sense involved when humans become vested emotionally with someone else's problems.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 3/19/13

Boganis wrote:

It's called survival skills. Why do so many naive young people as well as a great many adults think that every one should go around hugging everyone including strangers and holding hands as if everyone was your best friend. They aren't so grow up. Sorry but that was my reality check for the day. Needed to blow off some steam.


Could you tell me more about these "survival skills"? What is the point of them?

Why shouldn't we try to be friends with everybody?
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 3/20/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Boganis wrote:

It's called survival skills. Why do so many naive young people as well as a great many adults think that every one should go around hugging everyone including strangers and holding hands as if everyone was your best friend. They aren't so grow up. Sorry but that was my reality check for the day. Needed to blow off some steam.


Could you tell me more about these "survival skills"? What is the point of them?

Why shouldn't we try to be friends with everybody?

You will have to excuse my caustic nature yesterday. Just frustrated with interlopers who are too obtuse to comprehend their infringements. It's a work thing. Running a project where friends are creating distractions for my group.
With regards to your questions, not everyone works or exists in a isolated and simplistic world, nor is everyone on the outside kind and hospitable. So to blindly accept everyone you come into contact with as a friend and trustworthy is foolish. Does this mean that you shouldn't be respectful of other people...No, everyone should be offered that option first and foremost but some level of consideration also needs to be availed upon. It is the difference between making a mature vs. an immature or a responsible vs. irresponsible choice for yourself and others.
Posted 3/20/13
Being apathetic is a good thing not a bad thing ).
Posted 4/3/13
I don`t know, why do they ?

I think because they feel the need to pick on others to make themselves feel 'power' and being 'supreme'. Especially when jealousy kicks in. But not all adults act this way, there are also younger people who do it.

743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 4/5/13 , edited 4/5/13
As much as the idea makes me want sell my soul, i don't belive it is possible for humans. I would love to see the day come where innocence is restored and people will all undertand eachother. Even if you took mirror images of yourself, lordseth, and all lived on an island away from corrupt society; complications may still arise. Us humans are to imperfect and horrible beings. :/
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13 , edited 4/5/13

ExplorerOak wrote:

As much as the idea makes me want sell my soul, i don't belive it is possible for humans. I would love to see the day come where innocence is restored and people will all undertand eachother. Even if you took mirror images of yourself, lordseth, and all lived on an island away from corrupt society; complications may still arise. Us humans are to imperfect and horrible beings. :/


I disagree. Humans are perfect, any imperfections that they seem to have are just a result of the circumstances that they are born into. They will no longer be thought of as horrible beings once they are able to improve their lives through education.
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13
Because we adults have much more important things to worry than our understanding of others, granted I still show my kindness and care greatly for most others.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Because we adults have much more important things to worry than our understanding of others, granted I still show my kindness and care greatly for most others.


LOL, what are these more important things?
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13

lordseth23 wrote:


kaptainkooleio wrote:

Because we adults have much more important things to worry than our understanding of others, granted I still show my kindness and care greatly for most others.


LOL, what are these more important things?


Relationships, Jobs, Sex, health, sanity, sex, promotions, taxes, mortgages, sex, fitness, food, money, sex, kissing my Colonels big white ass, protecting my airman, bailing my airman out of german prison for being an idiot, sex, keeping track of numerous documents that could potentially destroy a country, crime, (strictly for me) running an entire wing of an airbase, marriage, children, raising said children, paying for children, and fighting wars on top of all that.

The list is longer but honestly, who cares other than me?
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13

kaptainkooleio wrote:

Relationships, Jobs, Sex, health, sanity, sex, promotions, taxes, mortgages, sex, fitness, food, money, sex, kissing my Colonels big white ass, protecting my airman, bailing my airman out of german prison for being an idiot, sex, keeping track of numerous documents that could potentially destroy a country, crime, (strictly for me) running an entire wing of an airbase, marriage, children, raising said children, paying for children, and fighting wars on top of all that.

The list is longer but honestly, who cares other than me?


And all of the items mentioned are only worth as much as the understanding that one has of others. They are all dependent upon your empathic consciousness.
17024 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Middle of Nowhere...
Offline
Posted 4/5/13
Whatever you say Guru of Empathy.

Hmmm, maybe I'm Hitler,
21028 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Mid-Atlantic
Offline
Posted 6/6/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Boganis wrote:

It's called survival skills. Why do so many naive young people as well as a great many adults think that every one should go around hugging everyone including strangers and holding hands as if everyone was your best friend. They aren't so grow up. Sorry but that was my reality check for the day. Needed to blow off some steam.


Could you tell me more about these "survival skills"? What is the point of them?

Why shouldn't we try to be friends with everybody?


Friend sent this to me
and I thought of you. I believe this was the point I was trying to make with my earlier comments. It's my life motto.
Phersu 
34719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Existence.
Offline
Posted 6/6/13



To be fair, I'd probably try to eat the lion if it tried to eat me. Kind of a 'eat or be eaten' thing. As for adults? They may seem this way because of experience. Fairly much everyone experiences pain caused by their emotions, at one time or another in life. So they tend to withdraw a little. Then again, some people honestly just don't care. They don't seem empathetic because they just aren't.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.