First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply What is Life for You?
Posted 6/27/13
Life for me is waking up and realizing how hard everything actually is, or waking up and forgetting.
Posted 6/29/13
Mystery. A mystery I keep trying to discover daily what is it all about
15082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 6/29/13

Life-

1. The condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional...

2. Living things and their activity


Hmmm, good enough for me
6223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / No Stalking
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
Chilling .
13566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / New York
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
A seemingly endless number of puzzles and prizes, punctuated by bouts of pain and anguish.
Posted 6/29/13
Life is a never ending game.
16279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
life is full of nothing but illusions.
1007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 6/29/13
life is shit and as the days goes by I have more desire to suicide.
Gets It.
17180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 6/30/13 , edited 6/30/13
People seem far too negative about life, which seems to be the status quo of the current generation (sadly). My life is a constant down/upstream battle to find some since of stability/normalcy (for me, not based on the world/society's standards of what "normal" may mean). Exciting? I guess you can call it that. Even when life is absolutely crappy/cruddy and things are rough, it's still exciting in some manner or another. If you choose to look, nay.. to dwell, on the negative things in life - that's what it becomes for you. I've been there, it isn't much fun, it isn't great, and it's insanity in a nutshell.

What is life?

Life is what you make it. Your life is your life - your actions, your environment, your existence, your reality. These things change over the course of time, that's what makes living as interesting as it is. "Life is shit", you say? Oh, I see. "Life is boring." Oh yeah? Boring is always a word that annoys the crap out of me, really. In this day and age, with the Internet, with gaming, with the world in and of itself ... how can someone be bored? It genuinely boggles my mind to think that someone can be bored when they have the Internet. You can find a game to play, a book to read, music to listen to, people to talk to... all within a few keystrokes on the keyboard. If that's not what you want to do, go out and find something to do - the world is huge. Why stay stuck in one place for eternity? Go out, "network" with other people - even strangers (err: as long as you're an adult and/or can take care of yourself in a defensive way!). Do something. Be proactive about making your life interesting. Moaning and complaining that you repeat the same actions day in and day out is a bit counter-productive.

TL;DR Version:
Life is awesome, no matter how crappy it gets. We, as humans, are a thousands and thousands of microscopic organisms functioning on a level in harmony that doesn't frequently happen. Get out there, see the world, make your world.. don't complain about it.
42131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 6/30/13

ninjitsuko wrote:
...how can someone be bored? It genuinely boggles my mind to think that someone can be bored when they have the Internet. You can find a game to play, a book to read, music to listen to, people to talk to... all within a few keystrokes on the keyboard...



I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but there are moments where I just don't find anything interesting. It's probably due to underlying depression or because of repeated daily routines.
Gets It.
17180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 6/30/13 , edited 6/30/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but there are moments where I just don't find anything interesting. It's probably due to underlying depression or because of repeated daily routines.


Nope. If I feel as though I'm not interested in something, I find something else to interest me. If I'm not in the mood for anime, I'll read a non-fiction book about physics or economics or aeronautical engineering .. whatever tickles my fancy factor. Not in the mood for reading? Ah, maybe try a game? No games? Okay, maybe I'll go out for a bit. Even while working (since I work in IT), if things get slow and I've done all the "grunt work" (setting up things for clients, arranging meetings/trainings.. whatever), I tend to listen to music and search around for things I know absolutely nothing about. Learning always interests me, even when I feel a bit uninterested in just about anything else. New topic? OH HELL YEAH, time to learn something new that makes little sense to me right now!

I do have some daily routines that I do (work, caregiving, errands) .. but, the little time in-between? I go to the gym (expands my body and mind) every other day (sometimes twice in a row if my body is up for two 2-hour long sessions between two days). I'll find books to read that I haven't (PDF/epub/ebook or the physical copy if it's something that interests me greatly) read yet. I don't enjoy the idea of not doing something, that's time wasted trying to learn something new. I might be "pointlessly" replying to threads on Crunchyroll, but I'm also reading "Language and Automata Theory and Applications" (a book that covers the lectures/proceedings of LATA 2011), while dorking around on mobile games for the time being. Bored? Foreign concept to me. ;/
4398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 6/30/13
Life for me is an adventure and a struggle.
Not every day is easy but it is worth living.
Life is only as good as you make it.



Everything in life is temporary. So if things are going good, enjoy it because it won't last forever. And if things are going bad, don't worry because it won't last forever either.
42131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 6/30/13

ninjitsuko wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

I don't know if you've ever experienced this, but there are moments where I just don't find anything interesting. It's probably due to underlying depression or because of repeated daily routines.


Nope. If I feel as though I'm not interested in something, I find something else to interest me. If I'm not in the mood for anime, I'll read a non-fiction book about physics or economics or aeronautical engineering .. whatever tickles my fancy factor. Not in the mood for reading? Ah, maybe try a game? No games? Okay, maybe I'll go out for a bit. Even while working (since I work in IT), if things get slow and I've done all the "grunt work" (setting up things for clients, arranging meetings/trainings.. whatever), I tend to listen to music and search around for things I know absolutely nothing about. Learning always interests me, even when I feel a bit uninterested in just about anything else. New topic? OH HELL YEAH, time to learn something new that makes little sense to me right now!

I do have some daily routines that I do (work, caregiving, errands) .. but, the little time in-between? I go to the gym (expands my body and mind) every other day (sometimes twice in a row if my body is up for two 2-hour long sessions between two days). I'll find books to read that I haven't (PDF/epub/ebook or the physical copy if it's something that interests me greatly) read yet. I don't enjoy the idea of not doing something, that's time wasted trying to learn something new. I might be "pointlessly" replying to threads on Crunchyroll, but I'm also reading "Language and Automata Theory and Applications" (a book that covers the lectures/proceedings of LATA 2011), while dorking around on mobile games for the time being. Bored? Foreign concept to me. ;/


Well your post is interesting because you explain it in detail. Most people who post something similar to "never feeling bored" don't bother to explain their post.

I think I can understand what you're saying, having a hunger for knowledge could drive away boredom.
Gets It.
17180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / London, England
Offline
Posted 6/30/13 , edited 6/30/13

GayAsianBoy wrote:

Well your post is interesting because you explain it in detail. Most people who post something similar to "never feeling bored" don't bother to explain their post.

I think I can understand what you're saying, having a hunger for knowledge could drive away boredom.


I feel that most of the times, people will say that they "never get bored" because it's hard to actually describe boredom. For me, I have yet to fully hear someone explain it in detail as to how it feels - ergo, it's that foreign to me that the most I can gather would be the literal definition of it.

1. To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious
2. One that is wearingly dull, repetitive, or tedious


I perform a lot of repetitive tasks while at work - simply because of the nature of my position (a lot of configuring of similar things for multiple clients/customers). Yet, while these tasks are being performed, I'm also stimulating myself with audiobooks or music. Therefore, this kills the "wearingly" repetitiveness/tediousness of the task for me.

Personally, life is just filled with so many amazing things that it's hard to sit and say, "Oh, there's nothing to do.. I'm so bored." or "Ugh, life is so boring/lame/dull.." Sure, I guess I can consider some films that I've watched as boring (based on the definition); but, I would not really consider myself "bored" because of watching something boring. Hard to explain that one to people, as I'm still learning something from the film (even if it's as simple as "I don't really like this type of film/book/etc"). Enjoy life, it's good. Make a purpose for your life, make it have meaning (for you). It's all good. I know how it feels to be a teenager and forced to stay indoors or just hang out with the same people constantly (I was there, just 13 years ago). Even then, I forced myself to learn new things when I couldn't actually do something to entertain me.
42131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 6/30/13 , edited 6/30/13

ninjitsuko wrote:


GayAsianBoy wrote:

Well your post is interesting because you explain it in detail. Most people who post something similar to "never feeling bored" don't bother to explain their post.

I think I can understand what you're saying, having a hunger for knowledge could drive away boredom.


I feel that most of the times, people will say that they "never get bored" because it's hard to actually describe boredom. For me, I have yet to fully hear someone explain it in detail as to how it feels - ergo, it's that foreign to me that the most I can gather would be the literal definition of it.

1. To make weary by being dull, repetitive, or tedious
2. One that is wearingly dull, repetitive, or tedious


I perform a lot of repetitive tasks while at work - simply because of the nature of my position (a lot of configuring of similar things for multiple clients/customers). Yet, while these tasks are being performed, I'm also stimulating myself with audiobooks or music. Therefore, this kills the "wearingly" repetitiveness/tediousness of the task for me.

Personally, life is just filled with so many amazing things that it's hard to sit and say, "Oh, there's nothing to do.. I'm so bored." or "Ugh, life is so boring/lame/dull.." Sure, I guess I can consider some films that I've watched as boring (based on the definition); but, I would not really consider myself "bored" because of watching something boring. Hard to explain that one to people, as I'm still learning something from the film (even if it's as simple as "I don't really like this type of film/book/etc"). Enjoy life, it's good. Make a purpose for your life, make it have meaning (for you). It's all good. I know how it feels to be a teenager and forced to stay indoors or just hang out with the same people constantly (I was there, just 13 years ago). Even then, I forced myself to learn new things when I couldn't actually do something to entertain me.


I can only say this for myself, but boredom is more than just finding certain activities boring. It's about not feeling inspired by anything, and not experiencing any new emotions. Like watching a good anime can make you feel good and entertained, but these feelings are felt by a person so many times before in their life that it becomes "boring".

An example of a new feeling would be doing something thrilling, like skydiving can give the person a different kind of feeling. That's why sometimes these extreme activities can be exciting.


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.