First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / Dreamscape
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs&list=PLxWw6SgdaHIE3MKyP1DbIvIKXRaRHT0nA&index=2

check out CD projekt Red's planned collaboration with the creator of the Iconic Cyberpunk Pen and Pencil RPG Cyberpunk 2013 (2020 was second edition.)


And now I'm back into my Ghost in the Shell cyborg assassin mentality. Definitely will keep an eye on this game. My mind is already trying to build a world around this short video.


why try? there's three editions of game source books from R Talosorian Games (makers of other pen and paper RPGs like Teenagers from outer space, Bubble Gum Crisis, and Mekton)

perhaps you can find online copies of the out of print ones... enjoy a little light reading.



Will definitely get on that, probably this weekend.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:


mhibicke wrote:

Good trailer. I am definitely interested! I would like to point out though, that if they were using nonlead ammunition instead of lead core with a copper jacket then the bullets would have smooshed upon impact and maximized energy transfer, knocking the hottie android around and causing more damage than a scratch. Cracks and dents, at least.
Hunt with nonlead.


I'm sure there's a story behind it. There's thirty years of pen and paper RPG of story that that 2 minute trailer is trying to evoke...


I was just plugging nonlead ammo. Really, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing that trailer.
67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

mhibicke wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


mhibicke wrote:

Good trailer. I am definitely interested! I would like to point out though, that if they were using nonlead ammunition instead of lead core with a copper jacket then the bullets would have smooshed upon impact and maximized energy transfer, knocking the hottie android around and causing more damage than a scratch. Cracks and dents, at least.
Hunt with nonlead.


I'm sure there's a story behind it. There's thirty years of pen and paper RPG of story that that 2 minute trailer is trying to evoke...


I was just plugging nonlead ammo. Really, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing that trailer.


Environmentalists made us adopt bismuth for duck hunting... back when I was a hunter. as for the trailer. No problem I'm just really stupidly excited about 2015 and had to share my joy.

67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

ZenZaku wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:


ZenZaku wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs&list=PLxWw6SgdaHIE3MKyP1DbIvIKXRaRHT0nA&index=2

check out CD projekt Red's planned collaboration with the creator of the Iconic Cyberpunk Pen and Pencil RPG Cyberpunk 2013 (2020 was second edition.)


And now I'm back into my Ghost in the Shell cyborg assassin mentality. Definitely will keep an eye on this game. My mind is already trying to build a world around this short video.


why try? there's three editions of game source books from R Talosorian Games (makers of other pen and paper RPGs like Teenagers from outer space, Bubble Gum Crisis, and Mekton)

perhaps you can find online copies of the out of print ones... enjoy a little light reading.



Will definitely get on that, probably this weekend.


enjoy I'm headed down to my Friendly Local Gaming Store (FLGS for short) to see about picking up some recycled books before the rush hits.

25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Environmentalists made us adopt bismuth for duck hunting... back when I was a hunter. as for the trailer. No problem I'm just really stupidly excited about 2015 and had to share my joy.

Well, yeah. Lead is toxic so who would want to feed it to their family? I don't know the ballistics of steel or bismuth shot, but for slugs and rifle rounds the ballistics are comparable if you drop a grain when you buy nonlead. Once you sight in your firearm using your new ammo, you'll find that game is more likely to drop with one hit. The reason for this is lead ammo fractures and explodes inside an animal, losing a lot of kinetic energy, whereas nonlead mushrooms and transfers most of the kinetic energy into the animal itself. The result is game dropped with lead is more likely to be bloodshot and inedible (in addition to having bits of lead up to 24" from entry), and game dropped with nonlead is more likely to have broken bones and more intact meat.

Here are a couple pictures pulled from the NPS Pinnacles site that show the ballistics of lead vs nonlead rifle rounds. Just looking at these convinces me that when I need to take down an armored battle droid, I will be shooting nonlead.

67725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / F / Center of the Uni...
Offline
Posted 1/16/13

mhibicke wrote:


papagolfwhiskey wrote:
Environmentalists made us adopt bismuth for duck hunting... back when I was a hunter. as for the trailer. No problem I'm just really stupidly excited about 2015 and had to share my joy.

Well, yeah. Lead is toxic so who would want to feed it to their family? I don't know the ballistics of steel or bismuth shot, but for slugs and rifle rounds the ballistics are comparable if you drop a grain when you buy nonlead. Once you sight in your firearm using your new ammo, you'll find that game is more likely to drop with one hit. The reason for this is lead ammo fractures and explodes inside an animal, losing a lot of kinetic energy, whereas nonlead mushrooms and transfers most of the kinetic energy into the animal itself. The result is game dropped with lead is more likely to be bloodshot and inedible (in addition to having bits of lead up to 24" from entry), and game dropped with nonlead is more likely to have broken bones and more intact meat.

Here are a couple pictures pulled from the NPS Pinnacles site that show the ballistics of lead vs nonlead rifle rounds. Just looking at these convinces me that when I need to take down an armored battle droid, I will be shooting nonlead.



That's pretty cool, I haven't handloaded since nursing school started eating up all my time and money (about 15 years ago) so it seems a lot has changed.
Moderator XIV
66118 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 1/16/13 , edited 1/16/13

papagolfwhiskey wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs&list=PLxWw6SgdaHIE3MKyP1DbIvIKXRaRHT0nA&index=2

check out CD projekt Red's planned collaboration with the creator of the Iconic Cyberpunk Pen and Pencil RPG Cyberpunk 2013 (2020 was second edition.)


Cyberpunk will be a very big title to watch for no doubt about that. I loved the trailer myself as it had a very real Blade Runner meets Ghost in the Shell vibe. Not to mention the art style and graphics were awesome as well even if it was a CG trailer and not actual gameplay.

That out of the way.... Sadly this thread is sort of in the wrong place. So I am relocating it to the video games forums.

Edit: Sigh.... Even worse... After moving it I found that basically the same thread was started by Bedlam 6 days ago.

*shakes his fist at Bedlam*

Thus this is also a dupe thread unfortunately. Here is a link to the original thread: http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-788047/cyberpunk-2077

I hope we can keep some discussion going there. This game deserves some to be sure!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.