First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Lolicon Questions
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13 , edited 1/20/13
Hmmm, what would you rather have, a man who reads "obscene" comics/manga, or a predatory pedophile? I don't feel that exposure to these images will create any desires which are not already present nor do I condone or condemn such behavior (reading such material / NOT pedophilia which is reprehensible) . The fact remains that he wasn't hurting anyone and these were not images of real people he was interested in. Maybe if we weren't so hung up on social mores and unwilling to discuss such we would have a better understanding of this type of behavior... just saying...
Posted 1/20/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:

Hmmm, what would you rather have, a man who reads "obscene" comics/manga, or a predatory pedophile?


Last I remember, there isn't even a set definition for what "obscene" is. When the Miller test was created, the people who created this said "we just know when it's obscene." (I may be mixing this up with something else.) Obscenity hasn't been clearly defined so it's hard to judge what exactly it is.
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
Exactly. It's ridiculous to condemn someone when the images aren't even real. Here in the states it's disgusting how we try to push our moral beliefs and agendas on others i.e gay marriage... If it makes you happy and it's not detrimental to anyone else do what you want to. Screw these moral windbags who are probably much more amoral then most people. Hence their need to "save" everyone...
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
I'm about to watch some Hunter X Hunter. Does that mean I like little boys?
40 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
i think if you are in highschool say 15 or 16 and you are sexually interested in girls that are in the 2nd and 3rd grade that are 8 or 9, then that is in my opinion really disgusting
even if you are in middle school, like 12 or 13, and you want to have sex with babies then something is wrong, and its probably being caused by the lollicon

but if you just like watching lollicon, and it doesnt translate to real life desire then that seems rational

but you are the only one who actually knows what you desire...
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
Watching lolicon will not make you want to have sex with little girls. If you harbor such desires then you have some deep seated issues and they would be present regardless of what media you consumed, The idea that sexual or violent images create that type of behavior is ignorant and dangerous as it's simply scapegoating. I've been taking martial arts for 20 yrs and love MMA yet I've never been in a "real" fight nor do I wish to...
9114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 1/20/13 , edited 1/20/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:

I'm about to watch some Hunter X Hunter. Does that mean I like little boys?


Yes it does!
You perv!





Haha.

Killua is very cute though XD
Even if he can kill with his finger.
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13 , edited 1/20/13
Damn it... I guess there's no hope for me... now I just to find a nen using assassin boy. Extreme sarcasm intended...
24957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Online
Posted 1/20/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


aidenraine wrote:
the only restriction is on photo-realistic drawings.

That is at a federal level. At a state level, they've found a way to use obscenity statutes to still prosecute. One of the more well know examples:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-11/christopher-handley-sentenced-to-6-months-for-obscene-manga



yeah, but appealing to higher courts is always an option. a national law can overturn a state law.
The Wise Wizard
72112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 1/20/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:

Hmmm, what would you rather have, a man who reads "obscene" comics/manga, or a predatory pedophile? I don't feel that exposure to these images will create any desires which are not already present nor do I condone or condemn such behavior (reading such material / NOT pedophilia which is reprehensible) . The fact remains that he wasn't hurting anyone and these were not images of real people he was interested in. Maybe if we weren't so hung up on social mores and unwilling to discuss such we would have a better understanding of this type of behavior... just saying...

When something is foreign to someone's mindset, they tend to generalize. As an example, my father seemed to think that if a person practiced one sexual deviation, they were probably open to any of them (and in his mind, sexual deviation covered things a number of adults and even teens reading this have probably done). To me, it makes about as much sense as thinking because someone shoplifts it is only a matter of time before they move on to armed robbery.



aidenraine wrote:
yeah, but appealing to higher courts is always an option. a national law can overturn a state law.

Aside from the cost of doing this, the local obscenity laws have been upheld in the past. In fact, that primary reason local obscenity laws in exist in place of a federal law stems from an earlier Supreme Court decision.

The best defense might have been citing Saley vs. Georgia. The problem here is that instead of being charged with mere possession (which that case covers), the 7 items listed in the ANN article were intercepted in transit, proving a purchase was involved. (Believe it or not, that distinction is legally important).

The simple fact is, you don't have to lose a case to have your life screwed over. Unless malicious prosecution can be proven, you have no hope of recovering your legal expenses (which can be considerable, especially if going to appeal), and in a case like this, the publicity has already done damage to your personal life.
63241 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
Good point. I did my fair amount of shoplifting and such as a wee lad (8 to 12 yrs old), but I never stole from a person and outgrew that rather quick. I quite honestly didn't know any better since I literary had no adult supervision at the time.. Also, just because I love martial arts and MMA doesn't mean I'm going to go looking for fights. I have no desire to hurt another human being. I hate to sound cliche but live and let live providing you are infringing on anyone else's rights...
41897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / colorful colorado
Offline
Posted 1/20/13
I think lolicon is harmless. Did all the murder mystery books and shows make better criminal, No. In the end it's just a bunch for lines.
12106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 1/21/13
Thanks for your answers.
I'm into lolicon quite a bit and ive already explained why and from everyones answers i concluded that there is nothing wrong with me watching or if im sexually attracted to loli girls because I'm around there age by that i mean say there is a girl thats 10 then I'm 13 nothing wronge with that. Thanks much for your oppinions and please don't question me on being sexually attracted to people at my age.
3198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
55 / M / Stamford, Connect...
Offline
Posted 1/21/13 , edited 1/21/13
This topic is near and dear to my heart. Some may argue that lolicon are just drawings and therefore harmless. However, I disagree. Such material plants insidious thoughts. Whether these thoughts ever produce actions that transgress the law is debatable, but the damage has already been done as a thought crime.

Anime is a medium with so much clean and constructive content that it is a wonder that one would even delve into the treachery that is lolicon. Not only does this content debase young women, its content is lewd and unwholesome.

Being a kid doesn't really change the outcome in my my eyes. Lolicon still promotes the sexualization of prepubescent children. Whether you are kid that is postpubescent or prepubescent the content is still objectionable. Young children should not have sex on the mind or indulge in racy and suggestive content. Older children should not view content that sexualizes and fetishizes very young looking children. While lolicon is still fiction it promotes things that are not healthy even in fantasy.


Sure, feelings of innocent romance may be arguably appropriate at your age, but content that causes lust in the heart and has sexuality at its core is not. Of course, all people mature at different ages, but for most people your age such content is patently objectionable. I only wish you had a stronger moral guiding force in your life. Reach out to your parents, pastor or older siblings for support if possible.

Additionally, most lolicon has characters that appear substantially younger than you in the 7-10 year old range. At this range love and romance is not at all appropriate. Also the difference between a 10 and 13 year old in emotional and sexual maturity is very large when compared to the same 3 year old age difference at ages 15-17. This is due the fact that the bodies of both young girls and boys develop very quickly during this time. Puberty has started or is imminent and the body is changing quickly. At the same time what it is appropriate sexually is also shifting rapidly.

Lastly, you argue that marriages can occur between people with age differences of 2-8 years of course this is true, but a marriage between any prepubescent child would be frowned upon morally by any modern culture. We are talking about marriages between 7-10 year olds and those who are 12-18 years old, which is illegal in most countries. Even in countries with a young marrying age, marriage is almost always illegal before the onset of puberty.
4082 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/21/13

Balzack wrote:

Why don't you have a seat right over there?


Clever
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.