First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
Post Reply Do you hide the fact that you watch anime?
792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/25/13
I use to hide it when I was younger, but I found that my guy friends thought it was awesome how nerdy I am. I don't bring it up unless it came up somehow, I don't mind telling people anymore. It seems as you get older people become more open-minded.
27510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 1/25/13
no, i dont hide the fact i watch anime
3485 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / Cleveland, Ohio
Offline
Posted 1/25/13
I don't talk about it often but when the topic comes up I'll contribute to it though
21308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

CrossLii wrote:

I use to hide it when I was younger, but I found that my guy friends thought it was awesome how nerdy I am. I don't bring it up unless it came up somehow, I don't mind telling people anymore. It seems as you get older people become more open-minded.


That seems to be the trend lol
4463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My room where els...
Offline
Posted 1/25/13
My friend watches anime too he recommended some anime we both don't really look like the we would watch anime we found out by mere coincidence so yeah hes the only one that knows though
21308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

keknight wrote:

My friend watches anime too he recommended some anime we both don't really look like the we would watch anime we found out by mere coincidence so yeah hes the only one that knows though


Just curious what anime did he recommend?
4463 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / My room where els...
Offline
Posted 1/25/13 , edited 1/25/13

blackthunder7377 wrote:


keknight wrote:

My friend watches anime too he recommended some anime we both don't really look like the we would watch anime we found out by mere coincidence so yeah hes the only one that knows though


Just curious what anime did he recommend?


Broken blade, rosario + vampire, Highschool of the dead, girls bravo, and full metal panic.They're really good.
792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

blackthunder7377 wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

I use to hide it when I was younger, but I found that my guy friends thought it was awesome how nerdy I am. I don't bring it up unless it came up somehow, I don't mind telling people anymore. It seems as you get older people become more open-minded.


That seems to be the trend lol


Guys thinking nerdy girls are awesome or people becoming open-minded? :P

21308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

CrossLii wrote:


blackthunder7377 wrote:


CrossLii wrote:

I use to hide it when I was younger, but I found that my guy friends thought it was awesome how nerdy I am. I don't bring it up unless it came up somehow, I don't mind telling people anymore. It seems as you get older people become more open-minded.


That seems to be the trend lol


Guys thinking nerdy girls are awesome or people becoming open-minded? :P



Both! Girls on Call of Duty are all the rave these days.
21308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

keknight wrote:


blackthunder7377 wrote:


keknight wrote:

My friend watches anime too he recommended some anime we both don't really look like the we would watch anime we found out by mere coincidence so yeah hes the only one that knows though


Just curious what anime did he recommend?


Broken blade, rosario + vampire, Highschool of the dead, girls bravo, and full metal panic.They're really good.


Cool I'll look into them! Thanks for the comment
15557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/25/13

kolp216 wrote:


LolitaLicker wrote:

yep i hide it other wise people will think im some kind of "cartoon" addicted hellspawn manchild


Lol that's what happens if you try to hide it ehehehehehe, i hid it for the first 2 years, then i just openly stated it in a presentation in class and explained Anime and Manga and it's existing genre, i got quite a few people interested or they just ignored it from that day on, everyone knows i like it, and if they ever start making fun of me for it, it's because of either something they've been shown to do with "Anime" or due to stereo types, but this basically never happens.


i live around #le yolo swagfags, and my family believes working 24/7 is the only way of life

they understands my love for anime

20473 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

LolitaLicker wrote:


kolp216 wrote:


LolitaLicker wrote:

yep i hide it other wise people will think im some kind of "cartoon" addicted hellspawn manchild


Lol that's what happens if you try to hide it ehehehehehe, i hid it for the first 2 years, then i just openly stated it in a presentation in class and explained Anime and Manga and it's existing genre, i got quite a few people interested or they just ignored it from that day on, everyone knows i like it, and if they ever start making fun of me for it, it's because of either something they've been shown to do with "Anime" or due to stereo types, but this basically never happens.


i live around #le yolo swagfags, and my family believes working 24/7 is the only way of life

they understands my love for anime



Ahaha you're not alone there, the UK is full of swagfags
24805 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / seneca MO
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
No no I preach about it to my friends and family! even If they say its weird, I just look at them in the eye and tell them Your weird! lol but seriously that's what I do, and I played sports in high school, was class president, and Mr. Volleyball (which is like a homecoming queen, but for guys type of deal).All that good stuff, but I help if I find anime awesome. I normal tell people you know anime is like a any T.V show you can find on T.V it has a storyline, romance, action, suspense everything you need, but better cause anything you want to happen is possible because as long as you can draw it, it can happen! Yet I still can not get my family to watch or friends, but that's on reason I signed up to CR so I can talk amongst other anime fan! I guess what I am trying to say is don't hide the fact of something you feel passionate about, wear it on your sleeve!
24209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Western Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
I don't...

People find me a weirdo but my friends are the ones that accept me :p Everyone else just calls me a weirdo (In a joking type way) and ask me random stuff. xD
29455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
I never once hid the fact that i watch anime, read manga, play JRPG's from anyone. Sure I don't go and talk about it to anyone unless they bring it up I do have a group of friends and coworkers that i talk to about it. If people have an issue with my preferences in enjoying anime then thats their problem. I won't waste my time with people who can't accept that its something I truly enjoy and think it's lame and childish.

It took a while for my family to accept it, and my coworkers know that I watch it but they don't say anything about it. The only two people in my family that never once had an issue were my two cousins because they're also into it, one of them were the ones that introduced me to CR
First  Prev  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.