First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Be careful with 2 week trial
20538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / The Raggedy Edge
Offline
Posted 1/24/13
Be careless with your money. Oh wait, you did that already. Long and short of it is if don't want to be charged, don't put in financial details into a form on the internet. Simple, unless you have a catastrophic case of ADD.

Alternatively you're quite a wily troll who has successfully managed to waste a lot of people's time. In which case this thread should probably be allowed to die or be outright closed.
3053 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / U.S.A
Offline
Posted 1/24/13
Every single service that has ever existed that offers a free trial, but asks for your card information = you will get charged afterwards. Best of luck friend!
9341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / irst
Offline
Posted 1/24/13
This is old news. But yeah, if you give out your payment info, expect to be charged! My dad learned that the hard way when he accidentally ordered a book from overseas. The book itself was normal priced, but the shipping was about $50. Didn't realize he had actually gone and ordered it until it arrived in the mail. But hey, they had his payment info, so they were happy to charge.
38130 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Milwaukee,Wiscons...
Offline
Posted 1/24/13
Actually there have been services I have enrolled in that have used a credit card just as a verification of identity and not automatically started taking money out at the end of free trials. Sadly, the less customer friendly, we hope they forget and then we get there money is much more profitable so it is practically a universal practice these days.
53381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/24/13

_IceAndCream_ wrote:

This is old news. But yeah, if you give out your payment info, expect to be charged! My dad learned that the hard way when he accidentally ordered a book from overseas. The book itself was normal priced, but the shipping was about $50. Didn't realize he had actually gone and ordered it until it arrived in the mail. But hey, they had his payment info, so they were happy to charge. :P


How can shipping cost 50$?! Where did he order it from, from Mars?
23471 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 1/24/13
LOL WTF?! This is such a pointless thread. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that when you start a free trial, it automatically starts charging after the trial period ends which is why you need a payment method to start one.
9341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / irst
Offline
Posted 1/24/13 , edited 1/24/13

Janne24 wrote:


_IceAndCream_ wrote:

This is old news. But yeah, if you give out your payment info, expect to be charged! My dad learned that the hard way when he accidentally ordered a book from overseas. The book itself was normal priced, but the shipping was about $50. Didn't realize he had actually gone and ordered it until it arrived in the mail. But hey, they had his payment info, so they were happy to charge. :P


How can shipping cost 50$?! Where did he order it from, from Mars?

Europe to US. I guess they wanted to "treat" him with expedited shipping or something.
13979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / 20.0167° N, 155.6...
Online
Posted 1/24/13
the reason they ask you for a free trail is because most people going that route already intend to subscribe...
53381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

_IceAndCream_ wrote:


Janne24 wrote:


_IceAndCream_ wrote:

This is old news. But yeah, if you give out your payment info, expect to be charged! My dad learned that the hard way when he accidentally ordered a book from overseas. The book itself was normal priced, but the shipping was about $50. Didn't realize he had actually gone and ordered it until it arrived in the mail. But hey, they had his payment info, so they were happy to charge. :P


How can shipping cost 50$?! Where did he order it from, from Mars?

Europe to US. I guess they wanted to "treat" him with expedited shipping or something.


Hmm, maybe it was super-fast delivery or something (or then he purchased from amazon.co.uk )... Because the most expensive shipping for me was 17.99$ and that was from China to Finland...
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
CR/shinji is trying to trick you.
22120 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/13

KeraKun wrote:

No i studied managment and marketing and i know how prety sneaky marketing works so as i stated in my post i only posted it as a warning to others and did u know that if u can type and write ur also reading at the same time so stating that i cant read is an oximoron you moron


One would also think that you had studied some English during your academic career, this was incredibly difficult to read.
47367 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 1/26/13 , edited 1/26/13
Click on start free trial and without even logging in or giving any of your information, it clearly states:

"If you want to keep the premium membership after the free trial, simply do nothing -- your membership will automatically renew at C$ 11.95 per month. If not, cancel online anytime. You can also upgrade to the one year plan to take advantage of the lower rate"

Its not even hidden in among a sh*t load of other text, or miles down the page. its all by itself

(you can verify this by signing out of ur account and clicking the free trial link at the top, if you're already an anime/drama/premium member)
22993 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Lichfield, UK
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
All free trials with online payment do this, you should have read the t&c,s first.
52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 1/26/13
let me get this straight... your comparing a website to a video game's trial system, one which i might add, you do not need to use any credit card or PayPal info for... the only reason a transact-able account would ever be necessary is if it takes out a payment, which in the case of crunchy-roll, the only possible reason it would have to ask is to auto start you on their subscription... any idiot with a basic knowledge of any FTP game model knows how this works... any idiot without has also a pretty good chance to know how this works...

here is the second flaw in your argument which co-insides with the first:
World Of Warcraft has changed their trial system and will not ask for a credit card if you do not want to play any expansion items or go above level 20... you can still also get the 7-day guest cards and 14-day guest cards but they are obsolete as they won't let you access anything that you couldn't for free anyway.

third flaw:
Every website must produce revenue to keep it going, whether raised by donations, advertisements or directly "paying" for premium services, crunchy-roll is no different. this 2 week trial puts them behind by a fair bit on what could be advertisement revenue, so they assume that anyone willing to sign up for the "free" trial and give them a payment method, obviously doesn't want advertisements, so they continue the service as they don't have a system in place which stops the service after X amount of time, it is infinite unless cancelled.

if you studied marketing and management, ask for a refund because you obviously didn't learn anything about how the real world works...
if you are studying marketing and management, drop the course and learn something you might actually understand...
970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Samsara
Offline
Posted 7/21/13
fail.... read everything about a deal before you sign up for it... remember "NOTHING IS FREE!!"
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.