First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Ergo Proxy
4339 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Tx
Offline
Posted 6/23/07
ergo proxy is actually being aired on the fuse channel right now... so... might want to save your money
3298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 6/23/07

waffle26 wrote:


mrtictac wrote:


waffle26 wrote:

Jesus christ people , have you nothing worth saying? Ergo Proxy was an amazing show only if you are not ADHD. The story was deep and the characters where just great. Pino rocked my socks. She is so awesome. I loved the central theme of supression with the communist-esq goverment falling apart at the seems while the proxy searched for it's meaning was a great combonation. I say buy it cause it's awesome. =)



before you say only ADHD people are bashing the show, thats some pretty bad grammar and spelling there bud

vincent's story was pretty dull, it was different proxy a week style, and i dont think vincent really learned anything in the end, i think he just wanted to be with that chick

the only memorable thing was pino/pino's dad at the end (i wont say incase someone didnt finish it yet)
I have bad grammar? Wow , I was going to flame you but I think you pretty much embarrased yourself there buddy. Ever heard of a thing called capitalization? Or I don't know , periods? Did you skip pre-k or something?



o sorry havent noticed the attempt of flaming, in response here u go~

my grammar is atleast readable and not ADHD material like yours was, sorry i didnt know we had to use periods and capitals over the internet

and i did say something about ergo proxy, u should start criticizing that instead of my lack of periods and caps, i was pretty much right with the different proxy of the week theme and i still think vincent didnt learn anything in the end

prolly knew i had a point, thats why u cant really say anything except try to flame

i still stick to approving of pino/pino's dad ending though
395 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 6/30/07
i like pino in ergo proxy she's kinda cute
i wish she can became a human.. it's so sad that's she kind of a manikin in her looks..
239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 6/30/07
THis anime was alright i would not say it was my favorite but it did have some good parts to it.
361 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F / Georgia
Offline
Posted 7/19/07
yeah Ergo Proxy is pretty good, but also one of the deepest if not the deepest anime ive seen so far. Although I understood much of it there was also a lot that I didnt understand. Ergo Proxy makes a lot of allusions, to popular culture, literature, history, mythology, and philosophy, and pretty much everything else. Its good to know a little about these things while watching it although they do give a background history lesson at the end of each ep.
I kinda agree with some others that this is not a show for ppl with ADHD, in the fact that if youre not patient/mature enough to sit through it and understand the meaning then you arent getting to full story the writers wanted to portray. But you can just watch it for the superfluous story of Vincent wanting to be with Real and the action/adventure/fights they have trying to find his memories, etc.
I have to find somebody that really understands everything in this show, so i can get the things i missed, but it was a really good show. Finding the truth, finding yourself, I think therefore I am......
And I so want Pino (or something/someone like her), gawd she was so cute. I felt sorry for her dad though in the end.

btw: you can also watch this show on veoh
3298 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 7/19/07

marzmyst wrote:

yeah Ergo Proxy is pretty good, but also one of the deepest if not the deepest anime ive seen so far. Although I understood much of it there was also a lot that I didnt understand. Ergo Proxy makes a lot of allusions, to popular culture, literature, history, mythology, and philosophy, and pretty much everything else. Its good to know a little about these things while watching it although they do give a background history lesson at the end of each ep.
I kinda agree with some others that this is not a show for ppl with ADHD, in the fact that if youre not patient/mature enough to sit through it and understand the meaning then you arent getting to full story the writers wanted to portray. But you can just watch it for the superfluous story of Vincent wanting to be with Real and the action/adventure/fights they have trying to find his memories, etc.
I have to find somebody that really understands everything in this show, so i can get the things i missed, but it was a really good show. Finding the truth, finding yourself, I think therefore I am......
And I so want Pino (or something/someone like her), gawd she was so cute. I felt sorry for her dad though in the end.

btw: you can also watch this show on veoh


naming some characters after philosophers doesnt make the show some intelligent and crap, yall are just over hyping it.

okay they used some latin Cogito ergo sum = I think, therefore I am, that was pretty ironical but not really a big deal

and they had some michelangelo references thumbs up!

the show was about psychology, all the historical names and crap are just there to try to make it cool

32841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / london
Offline
Posted 7/23/07
where can i wactch this...
ergh..i got stuck on the 1st episode...and then it was removed
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/23/07
^^ I agree. I think this series tries too hard. But I enjoyed it nonetheless.
^ Search for torrents
Posted 7/24/07
I think it had a lot more to offer then most anime shows that are released. It also just looks a whole lot better then anime we usually watch. all in all it ranks pretty high on my favourites list
46535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 7/24/07
^ yes but in some episodes the art looked awfully crappy.
Posted 7/24/07
^true, there were a few bits that made me go but on the whole it looked slick
1812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Trenchtown, Jamaica
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
Too emoish.
1812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Trenchtown, Jamaica
Offline
Posted 10/31/07
It's alright though.
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 11/4/07
It is my favorite anime. The only thing I could compare it too would be combination of Ghost in the Shell wih Evangelion, but even then it's waay different
21991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / boring, bland ohio
Offline
Posted 11/4/07

mrtictac wrote:


marzmyst wrote:

yeah Ergo Proxy is pretty good, but also one of the deepest if not the deepest anime ive seen so far. Although I understood much of it there was also a lot that I didnt understand. Ergo Proxy makes a lot of allusions, to popular culture, literature, history, mythology, and philosophy, and pretty much everything else. Its good to know a little about these things while watching it although they do give a background history lesson at the end of each ep.
I kinda agree with some others that this is not a show for ppl with ADHD, in the fact that if youre not patient/mature enough to sit through it and understand the meaning then you arent getting to full story the writers wanted to portray. But you can just watch it for the superfluous story of Vincent wanting to be with Real and the action/adventure/fights they have trying to find his memories, etc.
I have to find somebody that really understands everything in this show, so i can get the things i missed, but it was a really good show. Finding the truth, finding yourself, I think therefore I am......
And I so want Pino (or something/someone like her), gawd she was so cute. I felt sorry for her dad though in the end.

btw: you can also watch this show on veoh


naming some characters after philosophers doesnt make the show some intelligent and crap, yall are just over hyping it.

okay they used some latin Cogito ergo sum = I think, therefore I am, that was pretty ironical but not really a big deal

and they had some michelangelo references thumbs up!

the show was about psychology, all the historical names and crap are just there to try to make it cool


what about the Icarus Daedalus part at the end when MOnad burned up in the sun
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.