First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Do you keep weapons in your household? For self-defense or anything else?
17044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

KinKthx wrote:

Everyone has weapons in their homes... The only way they don't is if they don't have a home. Guns aren't the only "Weapons", you can kill with any number of things. Some easier then others, sure.


After a few taco smell burritos I have weapons of a$$ destruction.

Far as fighting, I prefer to not fight if I have a choice. I do love collecting swords as well as sai mainly for show and fact I was trained to use most of them. Life is too short and people do dumb things, so it is best to be disciplined compared to a lot of these nut jobs toting weapons around with them in public streets. XD
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


I like idea of bow and arrows. Takes skill to use one to hit a moving target, unlike the punks squeezing a trigger and spraying at innocent people.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
I just use my body, mind, and spirit as a weapon. Everything else is just an extension.
15717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
theres knife in the kitchen....
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
I study kenjutsu(Japanese swordsmanship aka not kendo) and as a result my apartment has a bokken-wooden training sword in every room. I also keep my sharp carbon steel blade(shinken) in me bedroom so its close if I need it at night. I even keep a bokken in my car's back seat for easy acess while out and about though its also the one I take to the dojo. Bascially I just love swords and have enough to spread them through my small apartment.
1716 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
I have a WASR-10, an M91/30 Mosin-Nagant, an MAS-49/56, and a Maverick 88. Those are my firearms. A Barnett Quad 400 AVI crossbow, though rarely ever used. I own several swords (cavalry sabers, katana/shinken), but my jewel and pride of the collection is a Damascus/folded steel Type-94 shin-gunto, bought from an estate auction. Two collapsible police batons, three balisong knives of varying quality, a German gravity knife, combat/utility knives, and one brass knuckles.
71 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
i think the idea is if someone came into your home trying to attack u will to take your life then its if u are willing to die or are u willing to kill someone to keep your life. if someone steals something from you tho u dont get the right to shoot them. am just glad i live in scotland so there is no guns exept for military and for clay pigeon shooting
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


He just gave a reason, he said "in case you miss"
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


I like idea of bow and arrows. Takes skill to use one to hit a moving target, unlike the punks squeezing a trigger and spraying at innocent people.


So... Are you're saying it doesn't take skill to shoot a firearm?
806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
i have a two-handed-greatsword from Cold Steel hanging on my wall. And I'd easily chop a man in half if I thought my life, or my families lives were in jeopardy. But guns are for pussies. If you do not look into a persons eyes when you take their life then their is no honor in the kill, and you have proven only that you can do what pussies and governments do.

Feel free to quote or argue, I will not be responding.
31425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/30/13 , edited 1/30/13

CLarose wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


He just gave a reason, he said "in case you miss"


What is your point? You can easily reload your non-automatic weapon and shoot again in case you miss. Are you telling me that people are incapable of doing this?
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/13 , edited 1/30/13

CLarose wrote:


AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


I like idea of bow and arrows. Takes skill to use one to hit a moving target, unlike the punks squeezing a trigger and spraying at innocent people.


So... Are you're saying it doesn't take skill to shoot a firearm?


Correct any idiot can squeeze a trigger and cause harm to innocent people. Especially untrained people with mentality issues.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/30/13

lordseth23 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:


NinjaHawkins wrote:


lordseth23 wrote:



Why do you need a semi-automatic for a shooting competition or for hunting?


First of all, almost all shooting competitions involve semi-automatic weapons. And as for hunting, its nice having more than just a single round to fire, in case you miss your first shot.


Can't you have a competition with a bolt action rifle too? Why do you need a semi-automatic?

Just because it is fun to shoot multiple bullets at a time doesn't mean you have to do it. It sounds like there is no reason why you should have to use a semi-automatic for recreational purposes, all of those competitions should be replaced with bolt action competitions.


He just gave a reason, he said "in case you miss"


What is your point? You can easily reload your non-automatic weapon and shoot again in case you miss. Are you telling me that people are incapable of doing this?


It's not about being incapable of reloading every round. It's called technology! There are plenty of things we are capable of doing ourselves but people develop the technology to automate the process. It's no different with semi automatic firearms. Now go ahead and ask your next question and make your next assumption.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.