Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Your opinion on Figmas?
18373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

natesagesmith wrote:

Here's how they look in box (and still in box) I might take them out soon. Or, I might sell them. Leon herself goes for more than $100. Unless it's coming out of Hong Kong, then it's $50, but really sketchy. Both look great. Truth be told, these were my first figures too. Now, I can't wait to get more.


Aha that's the exact one i want to buy xD I have some onepiece figures but they were cheap compared to these, ill take a look before i buy at revies like i usually do £43 = to about $70
23708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 1/28/13
I like all of the figmas I have purchased but I make sure to only get ones from shows that rank among my favorites. If it is my favorite character but the show was still only "ok" then I still don't bother buying it. I buy them just to show how much I liked the series and as such my collection is very small compared to others.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 1/28/13
I'm worried I might start doing the figure thing soon. Some look really amazing, it's been hard to not get things like wall scrolls and figures lately. I think I just would just feel too otaku if I start getting display items(personal feelings, not knocking the people that enjoy them). The good thing is most figures are so expensive that I can safely disregard them.
23708 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

tommythecat wrote:

I'm worried I might start doing the figure thing soon. Some look really amazing, it's been hard to not get things like wall scrolls and figures lately. I think I just would just feel too otaku if I start getting display items(personal feelings, not knocking the people that enjoy them). The good thing is most figures are so expensive that I can safely disregard them.


I was the exact same way for the longest time. I was worried that if I started putting stuff like that up that everyone would just look down on me for it and that I would just feel weird about it. Like I had crossed the line on fandom or something. Eventually though I just said "eff it, I like what I like" and bought a couple. Then it was easy to buy a couple more when there was money for it. Nobody has said anything negative about it except my dad who is an asshat I hate anyway.
14921 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Long Island
Offline
Posted 1/28/13
I like the ones of Saber they have here on CR but they're a bit expensive. Maybe when I move out and get my own place so I don't have to have my father lecture me about spending so much money on toys Maybe I'll just get the cheaper one.
14774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 1/28/13
I love 'em! They're pretty expensive, though, haha~
I'd say if you're buying them online, be sure to see some customer reviews from the site. They might look nice in a picture, but it's always hard to trust sellers online when you can't see the item your purchasing for yourself. If they like it, and it looks good for the price, go for it. They're neat little things to display~
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

haikinka wrote:

I don't see why you would want to spend money on something you can't do anything with.


You can do this....


42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/28/13 , edited 1/28/13

MountainMew wrote:

I love 'em! They're pretty expensive, though, haha~
I'd say if you're buying them online, be sure to see some customer reviews from the site. They might look nice in a picture, but it's always hard to trust sellers online when you can't see the item your purchasing for yourself. If they like it, and it looks good for the price, go for it. They're neat little things to display~


Also, don't always trust some customer reviews online and sellers for that matter, even the site itself.
72438 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

CLarose wrote:

You can do this....




No, that's cleaning the case that the figures reside in, just so that you can do nothing to them even better.
18373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

tommythecat wrote:

I'm worried I might start doing the figure thing soon. Some look really amazing, it's been hard to not get things like wall scrolls and figures lately. I think I just would just feel too otaku if I start getting display items(personal feelings, not knocking the people that enjoy them). The good thing is most figures are so expensive that I can safely disregard them.


Ahaha that's precisely how i'm feeling atm, firstly i just watched/read them online, then i bought a few manga, then the DVD's now i want to purchase stuff like wall scrolls, rings, necklaces, cos-play items and figmas, though im limited on these because firstly i don't have much money in general, im still a student so i can't get a full-time job, also i share a room with my brother (godamnit hes 19 when is he going to move out?!)
10133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

haikinka wrote:


CLarose wrote:

You can do this....




No, that's cleaning the case that the figures reside in, just so that you can do nothing to them even better.


Lol, then I dunno man. Its a collecting hobby like any other.

1086 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Canada
Offline
Posted 1/28/13 , edited 1/28/13
I started collecting figures three years ago when I attended a con. My very first one was Asuka (Casual clothes ver.) from Kotobukiya. Her box couldn't really be called a box anymore but since I got her for $10, I couldn't really complain. From that point on though, figure collecting has become a bit of an obsession for me ><;

Max Factory is a great company. Their quality in comparison to many other posable figure lines (i.e. Revoltech) is superb. I, myself, own 13 figmas and I love all of them. (Of course, I don't mean to say they're all perfect). They come with accessories matched by their characters, a base to help with posing, and about four pairs of hands and a few face plates. (Also, take note, most figmas are typically about 5 in in height). Since you're new to this hobby, refer to www.MyFigureCollection.net. It's a great site to keep track of figures and to get feedback about quality issues or any other questions about them from other users who actually own them.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/94792 <-- MFC page of the figma you're looking to get.

Mandarake has her:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-875754.html
The packaging is damaged but the figma itself should be fine (personally never had problems with my Mandarake purchases). Note, Mandarake charges an additional 500 yen fee for orders less than 5,000 yen and their cheapest shipping is Registered SAL.

You can also try amiami: http://goo.gl/2eCMX
They have her on backorder, if you place an order, they might be able to get one for you. For a figma, shipping is typically 880 yen for me (Canada).

Honestly though, I always try to get my figmas for retail price or lower. The only one I've ever splurged on ($70) was BRS's Dead Master figma (I honestly couldn't find her anywhere else at the time and was just desperate when I found her at a con last year). I normally personally can't spend much more than retail price for figmas unless I really really like it. Even my White Rock Shooter figma, which I just love, I kinda just waited hoping that I'd get it for a better price (ended up getting her for less than half the retail price, brand new with the game \\^O^//). I like static PVCs more so I rather spend my money on them.
42201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 1/28/13 , edited 1/28/13
I should get a Misato Katsuragi figure...
13062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / Florida
Offline
Posted 1/28/13
I would buy one. That is, if I ever have the spare funds to do so.
Sigh...
18373 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/28/13

minty710 wrote:

I started collecting figures three years ago when I attended a con. My very first one was Asuka (Casual clothes ver.) from Kotobukiya. Her box couldn't really be called a box anymore but since I got her for $10, I couldn't really complain. From that point on though, figure collecting has become a bit of an obsession for me ><;

Max Factory is a great company. Their quality in comparison to many other posable figure lines (i.e. Revoltech) is superb. I, myself, own 13 figmas and I love all of them. (Of course, I don't mean to say they're all perfect). They come with accessories matched by their characters, a base to help with posing, and about four pairs of hands and a few face plates. (Also, take note, most figmas are typically about 5 in in height). Since you're new to this hobby, refer to www.MyFigureCollection.net. It's a great site to keep track of figures and to get feedback about quality issues or any other questions about them from other users who actually own them.

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/94792 <-- MFC page of the figma you're looking to get.

Mandarake has her:
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-875754.html
The packaging is damaged but the figma itself should be fine (personally never had problems with my Mandarake purchases). Note, Mandarake charges an additional 500 yen fee for orders less than 5,000 yen and their cheapest shipping is Registered SAL.

You can also try amiami: http://goo.gl/2eCMX
They have her on backorder, if you place an order, they might be able to get one for you. For a figma, shipping is typically 880 yen for me (Canada).

Honestly though, I always try to get my figmas for retail price or lower. The only one I've ever splurged on ($70) was BRS's Dead Master figma (I honestly couldn't find her anywhere else at the time and was just desperate when I found her at a con last year). I normally personally can't spend much more than retail price for figmas unless I really really like it. Even my White Rock Shooter figma, which I just love, I kinda just waited hoping that I'd get it for a better price (ended up getting her for less than half the retail price, brand new with the game \\^O^//). I like static PVCs more so I rather spend my money on them.


Wow thanks for the help~
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.