First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Israel and Palestine
18322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
I'm not going to pull out all the reasons Israel are in the wrong in the conflict off the bat, as I'd rather this didn't just turn into a war against me for being an "Islamofascist Nazi communist anti-semitic asshole"... And yes that was a SINGLE insult used against me on none other than Jerusalem Post.

So, let's get started, what does this conflict mean to you? What do you actually know about it? Whose side are you on?

It's a big war, no doubt, and being Irish I support the side that wants freedom and equality, and by that I mean Palestine.

Let's be honest here, if someone came into your home with a Bible you didn't believe in in one hand, and a gun in the other, looked you in the eye and said "In this book, God says this is MY home... If you don't leave, I'll kill you in front of your family".
You're not gonna sit down and take it are you? Are you!? I'd be surprised if you're sitting at your screen whispering "yes" right now, because that just isn't right.

Now imagine this on a massive scale. Yeah sure, the Jews suffered at the hands of Nazi Germany, but that doesn't give them the right to take over someone else's land and oppress THEM! Yes people are gonna say "Oh but they need a homeland!" At someone's expense!? Atheists don't have a homeland, I don't go marching into another nation and proclaim it as my own because it says it in this new book I read and believe in!!!

So they get the chance to displace others. Ireland was a country that suffered at the hands of Britain because they didn't like Catholics... Or Irish people... But they took over the land and claimed it as their own, showing no regard to Irish citizens, despite the fact there were very few British people IN Ireland.

Anyway, thankfully, since the beginning of the 20th century Ireland has been a free country.

Will it ever happen for Palestine again? Or will they suffer for 700 years, like many countries before them? What do you think?

Oh, and before anyone starts THIS...

806 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Charleston, SC
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
So you started this thread to incite some serious Trolling? Cuz that's what is going to happen. Hold on tight and prepare to get hit over the head with opinions.
Posted 1/30/13
The news reports we get from major corporations are either sponsored or entity's of weapon suppliers and pro war advocates, obviously in favour of a state of Israel ( Zionist ). They also include censorship, you'll never hear breach of humanitarian law, breach of geneva convention, illegal settlements, stolen land, breaking ceasefire etc you'll just get propaganda phrases documenting unfairly. The zionists say that Jews deserve a homeland and the Palestinians are anti semetic for denying it when in reality Palestine have offered to share land and the Israeli's want it all, they want to "bomb Palestine back to the middle ages". And thanks to Aipac and jewish lobbyists as well as the control Zionists have over American corporations, banks and the fed, meaning also they have control over presidential actions the President decides to fund Israel Billions in weaponry to murder civilians it has locked in a ghetto. Palestine belongs to the Palestinians, it's inhumane to let this go further, Zionism is sick and contradictory.
18322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
And let's not forget the ultra-right wing racist Zionists like Aryeh Eldad and Naftali Bennett, those guys are sick. What's worse is Naftali's party actually won seats in the last election, so people saying "Israelis are not racist" must be reading from a completely different page than what I am.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 1/30/13
There should be no fighting, everyone should love each other.
Posted 1/30/13 , edited 1/30/13
I actually went to a silent vigil after the rocket fire in November last year and picked up a copy of the socialist worker, very good... Everybody there was just concerned with the lives being lost, if you were a refugee locked inside a wall built in your homeland having chemical weapons, shelling and pillaging happening daily with no one taking notice you would naturally fight back, there's nothing else you can do and to protect your family and friends how can they report it as terrorism??? they have cheap AK's and make shift weapons fgs.

Norman Finklestein on Zionism - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M4T8eLkKnU
Posted 1/30/13
Well I can see where this is going I have already started a thread like this, but I am against Israel they are just the sickest country in the world.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13
Isn't there a thread like this, where the OP were all complaining about how it is unfair that the Israel are exercising their legitimate right to vengance when your Palestinian Terrorist started shooting at civilians?
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

ichigofes12 wrote:

Well I can see where this is going I have already started a thread like this, but I am against Israel they are just the sickest country in the world.


How are they 'the sickest country in the world'?


2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

PrincessLunza wrote:

And let's not forget the ultra-right wing racist Zionists like Aryeh Eldad and Naftali Bennett, those guys are sick. What's worse is Naftali's party actually won seats in the last election, so people saying "Israelis are not racist" must be reading from a completely different page than what I am.


Front Nationale won around fifteen percent of the French vote, so the French must be Racists.

True Finns have thirty nine seats in the Finnish Parliament, Finns must be racist also.

Not to mention that some Republicans spout thinly viel racist remarks, Americans must also be racist.
18322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

longfenglim wrote:

Front Nationale won around fifteen percent of the French vote, so the French must be Racists.

True Finns have thirty nine seats in the Finnish Parliament, Finns must be racist also.

Not to mention that some Republicans spout thinly viel racist remarks, Americans must also be racist.


But France IS known to have a lot of racists
Finland, who cares about them anyway? What have they done to anyone?
Also, I think everyone knows that American Republicans are a large group of racists and dumbasses...

Every country has racists, take the UK (BNP) as a smaller example. They don't get a lot of votes but that doesn't make A) The whole nation racist nor B ) The whole country NOT racist...

>strawman

Just stop, ok?
Posted 1/31/13
what does this conflict mean to you? Nothing
What do you actually know about it? What I've been fed
Whose side are you on? Nobody
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

PrincessLunza wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Front Nationale won around fifteen percent of the French vote, so the French must be Racists.

True Finns have thirty nine seats in the Finnish Parliament, Finns must be racist also.

Not to mention that some Republicans spout thinly viel racist remarks, Americans must also be racist.


But France IS known to have a lot of racists
Finland, who cares about them anyway? What have they done to anyone?
Also, I think everyone knows that American Republicans are a large group of racists and dumbasses...


Oh yes, because a minority of the population somehow makes the entire nation racist- thus, it follows that, since Ireland can't give women the right to their own bodies without consulting a synod, the Irish are full of fanatical Catholics who have no business being in the modern world.
18322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Dublin, Ireland (...
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

longfenglim wrote:


PrincessLunza wrote:


longfenglim wrote:

Front Nationale won around fifteen percent of the French vote, so the French must be Racists.

True Finns have thirty nine seats in the Finnish Parliament, Finns must be racist also.

Not to mention that some Republicans spout thinly viel racist remarks, Americans must also be racist.


But France IS known to have a lot of racists
Finland, who cares about them anyway? What have they done to anyone?
Also, I think everyone knows that American Republicans are a large group of racists and dumbasses...


Oh yes, because a minority of the population somehow makes the entire nation racist- thus, it follows that, since Ireland can't give women the right to their own bodies without consulting a synod, the Irish are full of fanatical Catholics who have no business being in the modern world.


And where are you from, sir? For the record, seeing as the population is increasingly becoming atheist, your comment can easily be completely different, you're just being an idiot now. That's like saying we're all communist because the socialist party has 1 seat or also saying that we all love the centrists because the Labour party is in government - Your argument is ridiculous.

Thus, you could say we're all Muslims because of the growing Muslim-Arab community.
2106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Guess
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

PrincessLunza wrote:



And where are you from, sir? For the record, seeing as the population is increasingly becoming atheist, your comment can easily be completely different, you're just being an idiot now. That's like saying we're all communist because the socialist party has 1 seat or also saying that we all love the centrists because the Labour party is in government - Your argument is ridiculous.

Thus, you could say we're all Muslims because of the growing Muslim-Arab community.


Hey, its your illogic, not mine. You were the one talking about the nasty right wingers and saying that is proof that the Israelis are Racist.

The Irish, then, must be fanatical Papists by your own logic.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.