First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Manti Te'o - Perpetrator or Victim?
21455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13
This has been on the news SO MUCH and I just wanted to hear people's opinions on whether Manti Te'o was just the victim of this cruel hoax or if he was actually involved in it from the beginning.

For those of you who have not heard, Notre Dame linebacker Monti Te'o alleged girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, dies from leukemia on the same day as his grandmother. Despite this tragedy, Te'o perseveres over the favored Michigan in a 20-3 win, with 12 tackles. Media was all over this. Then, the shit hits the fan. Lennay Kekua, presumed dead girlfriend, has no obituary. Media all over this shit AGAIN. More blah blah blah. Poor kid disgraced, humiliated and suspected. For more on the story: google Manti T'eo scandal.

What do you guys think, Manti Te'o: Perpetrator or victim?
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
I never heard of this.
21455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

-Vega- wrote:

I never heard of this.


That's surprising. The media has been all over this for WEEEEEEEKS. Dr. Phil recently had an interview with the supposed mastermind behind the scandal.
4939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
I never heard of this either, so I looked it up. So far they are saying he was a victim...a stupid, naive, victim. I mean..... online girlfriend? Who would believe that a person is who they say they are on the internet at this day and age? He's either dumb, or a part of the hoax.
21455 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

PhyongHwa wrote:

I never heard of this either, so I looked it up. So far they are saying he was a victim...a stupid, naive, victim. I mean..... online girlfriend? Who would believe that a person is who they say they are on the internet at this day and age? He's either dumb, or a part of the hoax.


Want some more facts? Te'o claims he and his ''girlfriend'' had MET. Apparently, Te'o had known it was a hoax as of Dec. 6th after receiving a call from his dead ''girlfriend'', but continued along with the tragic story. In an interview with Dr. Phil, the hoaxer states that he killed off Te'o's girlfriend after a fight he had had with him. Coincidentally, hours apart from his grandmother's death.
Posted 1/31/13
Victim likely... of the media's thirst for the suffering of others.
26087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Online
Posted 1/31/13
In a time when our (US) economy is in such a dire state and there's so much about gun control, I find it rather alarming that the news found the time to squeeze in such a pointless "scandal" to report on. Perhaps you will care if you attend Notre Dame and worried about getting your school's reputation getting smeared (over a fake girlfriend incident) perhaps. That's still a stretch. Don't know why so called reputable news sources are giving this so much attention. Paparazzi much?

Te'o is from my state, but I could really care less about the story. Victim or perpetrator, I don't find this newsworthy at all.

I kinda think he's the perpetrator, but I don't really care. Still a bit puzzled why others feel it necessary to pry into the guy's personal life. All this publicity probably affected the chances of him getting into the NFL, which is rather unfortunate.
4939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/31/13

yomada6291 wrote:

In a time when our (US) economy is in such a dire state and there's so much about gun control, I find it rather alarming that the news found the time to squeeze in such a pointless "scandal" to report on. Perhaps you will care if you attend Notre Dame and worried about getting your school's reputation getting smeared (over a fake girlfriend incident) perhaps. That's still a stretch. Don't know why so called reputable news sources are giving this so much attention. Paparazzi much?

Te'o is from my state, but I could really care less about the story. Victim or perpetrator, I don't find this newsworthy at all.

I kinda think he's the perpetrator, but I don't really care. Still a bit puzzled why others feel it necessary to pry into the guy's personal life. All this publicity probably affected the chances of him getting into the NFL, which is rather unfortunate.


Agreed, there are bigger fish to fry...I don't even think this qualifies as a fish. What? Are we all still in high school?
17507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Waco
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
I think he did it to get more votes for the heisman. Its just hilarious he got caught.
Posted 1/31/13
Who?
24717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

yomada6291 wrote:

In a time when our (US) economy is in such a dire state and there's so much about gun control, I find it rather alarming that the news found the time to squeeze in such a pointless "scandal" to report on. Perhaps you will care if you attend Notre Dame and worried about getting your school's reputation getting smeared (over a fake girlfriend incident) perhaps. That's still a stretch. Don't know why so called reputable news sources are giving this so much attention. Paparazzi much?

Te'o is from my state, but I could really care less about the story. Victim or perpetrator, I don't find this newsworthy at all.

I kinda think he's the perpetrator, but I don't really care. Still a bit puzzled why others feel it necessary to pry into the guy's personal life. All this publicity probably affected the chances of him getting into the NFL, which is rather unfortunate.


They didn't find the time they made a nice clean table for it. This is something they view as a ratings increase. They will paint them what they will in order to that sweet sweet viewer count up.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13
Oh, I remember now. That shit is made up.
2673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Sexual Chocolate
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
As a future 1st round NFL draft pick i've followed his college career the past two years and I say with confidence that Te'o is a moron off the football field/out of the classroom. Some of it's due to naivety, but I think the guy is legitimately devoid of common sense. The odds of him being a complete idiot who got catfished are much higher than the odds of him being some evil mastermind who came up with a fake girlfriend story.

The fake girlfriend thing goes back to before he was ever brought up as a Heisman candidate and this could only hurt him as far as his NFL draft position.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 1/31/13
The guy doesn't seem like the brightest bulb, I think he was just super naive and fell for the whole Hawaiian girlfriend ruse, then when he found out he tried to cover it up with lies so that he wouldn't feel as humiliated.

I just hope the Seahawks don't pick him up. He's only about average size for a linebacker but is below average in terms of speed. He's instinctive and high-motor, but not exceptionally athletic. He plays kind of stiff and sometimes goes for a big hit rather than wrapping up, which allows players to bounce off of him, so his tackling needs improving (especially as an ILB). When he played against NFL-caliber lineman in the Alabama game, he was totally exposed and basically disappeared.
Posted 1/31/13 , edited 1/31/13

tehstud wrote:

This has been on the news SO MUCH and I just wanted to hear people's opinions on whether Manti Te'o was just the victim of this cruel hoax or if he was actually involved in it from the beginning.

For those of you who have not heard, Notre Dame linebacker Monti Te'o alleged girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, dies from leukemia on the same day as his grandmother. Despite this tragedy, Te'o perseveres over the favored Michigan in a 20-3 win, with 12 tackles. Media was all over this. Then, the shit hits the fan. Lennay Kekua, presumed dead girlfriend, has no obituary. Media all over this shit AGAIN. More blah blah blah. Poor kid disgraced, humiliated and suspected. For more on the story: google Manti T'eo scandal.

What do you guys think, Manti Te'o: Perpetrator or victim?


FINALLY someone brought this up! I'm so sick of watching the news and people claiming "Yeah, I trust manti. He should just be embarrassed for being so naive." No, no, he should be flat out ashamed and embarrassed for even coming up with this hoax, claiming the gf had 'died'(which should NEVER be joked about), and on top of that of cancer? So many families and the person with the cancer suffer for countless months of a slow, painful death. I mean it's just terrible for even lying about a death but especially of cancer. I hope this guy get's cancer in both nuts. (Not really I don't think anyone deserves this but....wow he would definitely have it coming his way).

Alabama handled him pretty dang good during the championship game so he got some good punishment already. He sucks.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.