Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Why does no one ever kiss in anime >_
2266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
The main thing is that like a previous commenter put its not normal to show physical displays of affection, I love you is actually a phrase not said very much over there a lot its too direct way of telling a person how you feel and asian people don't do that well the ones raised in the Asian countries and not corrupted by the west thank you west lol, but its just not normal for phsycial stuff to be done. Also anime in Japan is for children yes they do have adult series and stuff but its mainly targeted at children and I wouldn't want my children going around kissing boys just cause they saw it in a cartoon(I use the word cartoon here not to refer to anime but as a connection since I am from the west and also the fact that in Japan its really a kids thing) its the same logic with the japanese i would assume.
7090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
That usually happens at the end when they find out that they're in love.
9418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
I was a little pissed that Monkey didn't get his promised kiss at the end of The Ambition of Oda Nobuna.....please make a season 2.
Posted 2/2/13

buleleader wrote:


magicuser360 wrote:

Romantic animes usually suck (especially the Shoujo ones)...But a LOT of animes feature kissing nonetheless.

Also, in Japan it is not the norm to be physically affectionate, so that could also play a part.

But in terms of not showing kissing...I actually prefer it this way.

Shows that love runs far deeper than the physical side, and keeps the couple more interesting in my opinion.

For instance, the manga group Clamp never show kissing in their mangas (at least on screen), but their concept of soul mates is so profound that they don't NEED kissing.


Fuck you, romance anime is awesum.


Excuse me? Ever heard of personal opinion? And there is no need to use language like that to express yourself, unless you are incapable of doing so otherwise.

Grow up.
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
14 / F / California
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
They will, they always do.
It may not be the anime, might happen in the manga.
320 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
Okay, I'm going to repeat what everybody else has been saying about Toradora! Finish it! It's totally worth the wait. There's a reason it's one of the most reccomended romance series. It feels far more authentic and deep than anything you will get where they get lovey-dovey in the first episode. Seriously, it is worth the wait. I think, even though it's a few years old, it'd probably be rated 1st or 2nd in terms of anime kiss scenes. They do it that well. Watch it!

In any case, I'll repeat what hpulley says, watch Say I Love You. It's romantic from the get-to-go (first episode kiss), but not so much that it blows all credibility (remarkably I don't think I can say this about any other animes with first episode kisses). It does have a few more mature topics in that (not super mature, mind you), but as long as you don't mind those, it should be all right. Don't expect a super-exciting ending though.

Another one you might possibly watch is Romeo x Juliet. It's a bit more mainstream and less realistic, but is still quite enjoyable, and the music makes the mood of the story really convey well. There are several kisses in it. You can watch it free on Youtube and Hulu, but I highly suggest Hulu since all of the English episodes are on there, and it's Shakespeare roots really come out well in the dub (unfortunately, not on Crunchyroll).

I can't think of anything else really; I get irritated with most romances for saying really... well.... dumb things sometimes. This might not be the case with you though, so check out some other mainstream stuff, like Kimi ni Todoke and such.

Hope this helps,
-TAO
13941 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Sembach AFB, Germany
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
Because they want you too watch a second season
33648 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Delaware, U.S.
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
This trope's been done to death. No wonder I've stopped watching romance anime.
43283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/3/13 , edited 2/3/13

Tentanman wrote:

...

I really actually like the romance in BTOOOM, and that season finale was surprising satisfying to me even though i don't think they kissed. But the feeling of companionship between the two characters is pretty well done.

I'm just a bit tired of the whole routine. Guy and Girl meet. Guy says something or does something that makes the girl flustered and she hits him and pretends to hate him. Guy does something commendable to protect girl and girl goes through self reflection deciding that she does like the guy. rinse and repeat.


Watch BTOOOM! 12 again! They totally kissed! IMO one of the best 'clean' anime kisses ever done, great ending. The manga continues and I still have a completely unrealistic hope that there might be a season two...




But I understand what you are saying. It is annoying sometimes when they, ahem, beat around the bush for 13 episodes or worse, 52 chapters of manga and nothing ever happens.

If you want manga where they do it... Need I say... spoilers ahead!
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Iligan City
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
romance doesn't that there will be kisses and other smudges.. romance is about expressing how a character felt in the story. and to remind most of it anime is made by their creators, and they have different concepts about their stories, so bare with the beating bushes.. it will come around and you will get used to it :)
19062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

AnimeKami wrote:

you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...


I completely 100% agree, with all the anime I've viewed recently, it seems to me that's all they do.
27684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Online
Posted 2/3/13
There is a bunch of anime when the main characters kiss. You should finish tordora. Just finished rewatching it a few days ago.
16147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

chase6565 wrote:
You most definitely shouldn't have given up on Toradora. It has one of the greatest kissing scenes I have scene so far in an anime. I see your point though. Ah! My Goddess realllyyyyyy surprised me in the fact that
but it didn't ruin it. i was just like: "REALLY?!?!?"

On the other hand, I kinda like that it seems so innocent. Much better than the hormone infused society that is always pushed on us nowadays you know?


With regards to AMG its taken about 22 years of the manga to give an explanation for this oddity, but there is a very good story reason why Keiichi and Belldandy are oddly not very physically intimate despite being in a long term monogamous relationship. Funny enough I don't think the OP would have a problem with the manga for this as despite the lack of aforementioned physical intimacy, the majority of the manga treats the relationship clearly as a close loving relationship and not an endless awkward pre-relationship.

I tend to agree with the OP somewhat in that there can seem to be too many romance anime that set up a relationship way too fast and then just artificially stall progress on said relationship until the very end when they kiss and then the curtains drop and we never see what happens afterwards. Its like the kiss itself is whats important and not why they are kissing in the first place. "And they lived happily ever after kissing" is kind of a cliche I could do with less of. I want to know what their relationship is like not just how they got into it.

I agree with you however that Toradora's scene was indeed one of the most satisfying that I have seen in an anime, but part of the reason for that is that the build up to it wasn't artificially forced to drag on like the scenarios that the OP mentioned, and despite coming late in the anime it was appropriately timed. I think the OP would have liked it had they stuck it out as there was no wishy washyness with the progression as the shows entire premise wasn't the common one about getting together two people who already like each other but can't seem to ever time things right, but rather about two characters who come to unexpectedly come to love each other when neither of them initially had any interest in the other at all. Not to mention that the kiss itself wasn't treated as the climax of the story, the truly important peak of the romance happened earlier in my opinion
, and the story continued after both of those happened as the ending run of events was all about how each of them wanted to make a life both with each other and for themselves and not just ooh they kissed the world is now unicorns and rainbows. Toradora's kiss was so natural in that while very moving it never seemed to me like it was romantic fanservice. They were kissing because they love each other rather than us being shown them kissing in order to end the story.
14160 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 2/3/13

Shmojo wrote:

I was a little pissed that
.....please make a season 2.


->Dis

It annoyed me to, been waiting for to long and right when it's about to happend...Nope...Chuck testa

BTW: Might wanna put spolier on that.
426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 2/3/13
hmm... number 1--- some fans get pissed off when the moe girl ends up kissing some kind of useless guy
number 2--- its kind of awkward...think Campione, light novel kiss=good, anime= weird
number 3-- Its a pain to animate
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.