Post Reply Wolf Children: Ame And Yuki? American release?
2061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/13 , edited 2/4/13
http://www.ookamikodomo.jp/index.html

So Wolf Children is being released in Japan on DVD/Bluray on February 20th. Has there been any news on whether or not we will get an American release anytime in the near future? This movie was created by the same guy who made Summer Wars so I definitely want to see it. Here is the trailer for this movie if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLji7WsW0w
34168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 2/4/13

zerogravity399 wrote:

http://www.ookamikodomo.jp/index.html

So Wolf Children is being released in Japan on DVD/Bluray on February 20th. Has there been any news on whether or not we will get an American release anytime in the near future? This movie was created by the same guy who made Summer Wars so I definitely want to see it. Here is the trailer for this movie if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLji7WsW0w


http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-14/funimation-to-release-wolf-children-toriko-on-home-video

"Funimation is planning theatrical and home media releases for Wolf Children in 2013..."
2061 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/13

ChinkyD wrote:


zerogravity399 wrote:

http://www.ookamikodomo.jp/index.html

So Wolf Children is being released in Japan on DVD/Bluray on February 20th. Has there been any news on whether or not we will get an American release anytime in the near future? This movie was created by the same guy who made Summer Wars so I definitely want to see it. Here is the trailer for this movie if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xLji7WsW0w


http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-10-14/funimation-to-release-wolf-children-toriko-on-home-video

"Funimation is planning theatrical and home media releases for Wolf Children in 2013..."


So, basically sometime this year we may possibly see a Blu-ray release in America?
34168 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M / Tennessee
Offline
Posted 2/4/13
Yeah, knowing Funi they'll have a couple of random showings in California and Texas, and then release it on DVD/Blu-ray a few months later.
21583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Waste lands of NY.
Offline
Posted 2/23/13
no updates?
47220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / Buried under a pi...
Offline
Posted 2/23/13 , edited 2/23/13
I strongly suggest bookmarking Anime News Network's homepage. They'll announce an actual release date when Funimation has it. As of right now, there has been no new updates for an actual physical release.

EDIT: Looking at Fandom Post, the latest update from Katsucon is "Wolf Children is likely for a holiday release with some showings here and there before then." If anyone plans on attending NYICFF, the US Premiere will be there at 4:00pm and 6:30pm screenings on March 9th at SVA Theatre.

So, that's the latest update.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/23/13
I got the import BD yesterday, it's great!

I saw the movie at a film festival last year and loved it. I am so glad I imported it as well. It comes with an awesome booklet and even a piece of film, five frames from the film! The film piece has Hana and Ookami on it.

My kids watched it with me and I translated a bit for them. Honestly, it is so well done visually that you can understand what is going on just by watching it but I'm sure Funimation will give you a dub/sub release by Christmas.
34020 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 2/23/13
Haha, it looks really cute.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
So.. n_n Anyone know when this hit's the us!!! I seen the trailer and a few amv clips... :/ but I so want to buy a english dub!!!
Please someone anyone let me know if you do find out when it has a english dub arriving in north america does anybody know yet??!!!
Sogno- 
25950 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
I've watched the movie, didn't much care for it because it was SAD i dun like sad things

but if you like sad things, it really is a pretty decent movie
41401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Dallas, TX
Online
Posted 8/5/13

strivexwolf wrote:

So.. n_n Anyone know when this hit's the us!!! I seen the trailer and a few amv clips... :/ but I so want to buy a english dub!!!
Please someone anyone let me know if you do find out when it has a english dub arriving in north america does anybody know yet??!!! :)


I don't recall hearing any announcements just yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if FUNimation made an announcement by the end of con season this year.
53207 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 8/5/13 , edited 8/5/13
Wolf Children dub to premiere at OTAKON this weekend coming up, August 9-11 so if you are near Baltimore:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-27/funimation-wolf-children-dub-to-premiere-at-otakon
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/5/13
>.<' That's 16 hrs away from me don't even have the gas money for getting there.. dang this stinks if there were one three fourths closer I might have tried but this film looks epic I haven't seen good animation like it in a long time.... oh well Thanks you all and if you hear any new news I would really like to know not many movies am I really wanting to watch dubbed enough to buy it. The last thing I still want to buy dubbed was Rosario Vampire.. In which case I am still waiting word to know if a season three is coming... is there a post on here for that just wondering because I am new here anyone know??
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/13 , edited 10/28/13
It comes out next month (November 26th, 2013) on DVD and Bluray. I am so excited! This is going on my christmas list!!! <3
http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=76555
You must be logged in to post.