First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Most overrated anime(s)?
17484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/27/13



Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant
15405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / ロンドン、カナダ
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
Naruto is meh. Pokemon is fun, but meh. Bleach was pretty good for a few seasons, then meh.

Death Note and Higurashi are both extremely popular but yet deserving of that popularity on account of the fact I've seen very little like it before or after.

As for Sword Art Online, had they stopped at the logical conclusion point about halfway through, I think it would have been considerably stronger, especially considering the nemesis in the 2nd arc was basically just a laughing borderline-rapist with no clear motivation, whereas the antagonist in the first half was reasonably well defined.

In all honesty though, I don't really care. People like what they like, and I'm just happy if people find something that they enjoy. The wonderful thing about anime is that there is no shortage of it--look hard enough and you're bound to find something that tickles your fancy, regardless of one's persuasions.
Posted 2/27/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:




Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant


It's probably true, since both the anime and light novels were a massive succes, and Aniplex announced that they were going to dub it.
But as much as I have very, very mixed feelings towards the show, it was responsible for pulling more people toward anime, so I should be at least happy about that.
17484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:




Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant


It's probably true, since both the anime and light novels were a massive succes, and Aniplex announced that they were going to dub it.
But as much as I have very, very mixed feelings towards the show, it was responsible for pulling more people toward anime, so I should be at least happy about that.


Curses...you bring up a valid point. I've always avoided seeing it through that perspective but regardless of how I feel your right. Ya I figured they would, I just hope people branch out to higher quality titles. Oh god no not a dub......
Posted 2/27/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:




Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant


It's probably true, since both the anime and light novels were a massive succes, and Aniplex announced that they were going to dub it.
But as much as I have very, very mixed feelings towards the show, it was responsible for pulling more people toward anime, so I should be at least happy about that.


Curses...you bring up a valid point. I've always avoided seeing it through that perspective but regardless of how I feel your right. Ya I figured they would, I just hope people branch out to higher quality titles. Oh god no not a dub......


That's why we have reviewers who also bring less popular anime to light and recommend, like Baccano!, Kara no Kyoukai, Lain, etc.

17158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Birmingham, Ala
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / canada
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
the big 3, haruhi, SAO, and hyouka.
Posted 2/27/13

Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


Are you referring to the anime or manga? I can't really argue for manga since I don't follow any of the 3, but all the shows suffer majorly from filler, and that's where the pacing gets totally destroyed. It's not completely their fault, but they have to prolong the show just to make sure they follow the manga's story, and that only ends up destroying the quality.
4188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


I agree a lot here [minus the hate on Bleach. Love me some Bleach.] I like One Piece for its story line. I've never gotten into Naruto. I tried, dang did I try but I just couldn't. As far as Bleach goes, I love the MAIN STORY LINE. All those extra arc's drive me nucking futs but the main SL is fabuloso in my opinion. But as many have stated, what each person likes depends on personal opinion and such. ^_^

As far as an actual over-rated show. I'd have to say Dragon Ball Z/GT and so on. I LOVED Dragon Ball.... then it all died lol.
17484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:




Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant


It's probably true, since both the anime and light novels were a massive succes, and Aniplex announced that they were going to dub it.
But as much as I have very, very mixed feelings towards the show, it was responsible for pulling more people toward anime, so I should be at least happy about that.


Curses...you bring up a valid point. I've always avoided seeing it through that perspective but regardless of how I feel your right. Ya I figured they would, I just hope people branch out to higher quality titles. Oh god no not a dub......


That's why we have reviewers who also bring less popular anime to light and recommend, like Baccano!, Kara no Kyoukai, Lain, etc.



That's why I enjoy Gigguk's reviews it's because of him I found Baccano! God damn if only everyone would watch Kara no Kyoukai, I consider that to be at the pinnacle of quality anime. Also a question about Lain, did you watch it subbed or dubbed? I've just begun it and I'm not sure which I prefer
17158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Birmingham, Ala
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


Are you referring to the anime or manga? I can't really argue for manga since I don't follow any of the 3, but all the shows suffer majorly from filler, and that's where the pacing gets totally destroyed. It's not completely their fault, but they have to prolong the show just to make sure they follow the manga's story, and that only ends up destroying the quality.


well yeah fillers can be annoying, but filler are there to stop the anime from catching up with the manga since the anime consist of about 5 chapters of the manga, but that don't make those animes some overrated or crappy animes. One piece is a amazing show with a amazing storyline, and some interesting character with unique powers, which is why it's one of my favorite anime it always have something new and crazy to keep me entertained. Naruto has a great story line and they don't leave much plot holes, I like how it was one a lound mouth kid with lots of comedy, to now a more serious anime on a more adult like lvl. Bleach is the only anime which is completely trash, it has lots of holes in it's plot, it has lots of those anime elements which I do not like(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-793601/things-i-hate-about-anime check out that thread). I can go on and on all day about how I hate bleach but yeah.
21429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
Total Eclipse.
Posted 2/27/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:


Nioos wrote:


TheSarcasticOne wrote:




Nioos wrote:

Or it could be that the series overall felt like a video game, and that's where it the problems and fan base stems from.


Ya true enough, I buy that. I hope the rumors about a 3rd season aren't true, to have to deal with another season of anime being compared or ignored due to that show, it would be very unpleasant


It's probably true, since both the anime and light novels were a massive succes, and Aniplex announced that they were going to dub it.
But as much as I have very, very mixed feelings towards the show, it was responsible for pulling more people toward anime, so I should be at least happy about that.


Curses...you bring up a valid point. I've always avoided seeing it through that perspective but regardless of how I feel your right. Ya I figured they would, I just hope people branch out to higher quality titles. Oh god no not a dub......


That's why we have reviewers who also bring less popular anime to light and recommend, like Baccano!, Kara no Kyoukai, Lain, etc.



That's why I enjoy Gigguk's reviews it's because of him I found Baccano! God damn if only everyone would watch Kara no Kyoukai, I consider that to be at the pinnacle of quality anime. Also a question about Lain, did you watch it subbed or dubbed? I've just begun it and I'm not sure which I prefer


I can sort of understand why Kara no Kyoukai's not as popular since it was released intentionally out of order, displays mature content without fear of censorship, and most will go into it having no clear idea what's going on since they don't tell you it's jumbled up from the get-go.
As for Lain, I watched it in dubbed a long time ago, and it's pretty good. One note is that even if you do watch it dubbed, you're still going to have to read subtitles for the text.
Lain's more of a visually-presenting anime rather than a face-on narrative of telling you exactly what you're seeing, so there will be confusion unless you have some background on computers and programming.
Posted 2/27/13

Infantpooch wrote:


Nioos wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


Are you referring to the anime or manga? I can't really argue for manga since I don't follow any of the 3, but all the shows suffer majorly from filler, and that's where the pacing gets totally destroyed. It's not completely their fault, but they have to prolong the show just to make sure they follow the manga's story, and that only ends up destroying the quality.


well yeah fillers can be annoying, but filler are there to stop the anime from catching up with the manga since the anime consist of about 5 chapters of the manga, but that don't make those animes some overrated or crappy animes. One piece is a amazing show with a amazing storyline, and some interesting character with unique powers, which is why it's one of my favorite anime it always have something new and crazy to keep me entertained. Naruto has a great story line and they don't leave much plot holes, I like how it was one a lound mouth kid with lots of comedy, to now a more serious anime on a more adult like lvl. Bleach is the only anime which is completely trash, it has lots of holes in it's plot, it has lots of those anime elements which I do not like(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-793601/things-i-hate-about-anime check out that thread). I can go on and on all day about how I hate bleach but yeah.


I can't argue with One Piece since I've never seen it, but Naruto I would argue. Yes, it's a story about a loud-mouth kid becoming more serious as the story progresses, but there's the process I'm sort of on the fence about. What initially went from strategy to mind games went to the convential method that Dragonball Z popularized: whoever can use the biggest justu are the most strongest, Not to mention that they're the furthest thing from a "ninja", since kunai and shurikens are barely used anymore.

Yes, fillers are used to allow the anime to catch up, but the bottom line is that they're included and are part of in the given series and it destroys the pacing the previous arc had.
17158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Birmingham, Ala
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Anberlyn wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


I agree a lot here [minus the hate on Bleach. Love me some Bleach.] I like One Piece for its story line. I've never gotten into Naruto. I tried, dang did I try but I just couldn't. As far as Bleach goes, I love the MAIN STORY LINE. All those extra arc's drive me nucking futs but the main SL is fabuloso in my opinion. But as many have stated, what each person likes depends on personal opinion and such. ^_^

As far as an actual over-rated show. I'd have to say Dragon Ball Z/GT and so on. I LOVED Dragon Ball.... then it all died lol.


Wow I think I am in love again (j/k) but yeah one piece is good, I do disagree with you on the bleach and dbz part. let me explain why dbz is not overated and why it is consider one of the legends in anime. Dbz was the first of it's kind that had all that crazy explosions and fight, which caused most animes you watch today to copy them, dbz set a moment for anime is it was not for dbz anime would not be as popular in the us as it is now. DBZ was so popular when they did the top 5 popular things in america, dbz was ranked number 2, the ONLY anime to be ranked that high on american tv. Since they seem how popular dbz was they started to bring lot and lot of more animes to the US shores, which is why lots of people today in america are into anime. DBZ and sailor moon are the mom and dad of the anime moment in the US. Thats why dbz is a legend, so it is not really overrated. If you worried about the show itself you have to compare dbz to a anime from it's timeline not none of the newer anime because tech has grew alot since dbz days and animes of today look waaaaay better and have more complex storyline
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.