First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Most overrated anime(s)?
4188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Florida
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Infantpooch wrote:


Anberlyn wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


I agree a lot here [minus the hate on Bleach. Love me some Bleach.] I like One Piece for its story line. I've never gotten into Naruto. I tried, dang did I try but I just couldn't. As far as Bleach goes, I love the MAIN STORY LINE. All those extra arc's drive me nucking futs but the main SL is fabuloso in my opinion. But as many have stated, what each person likes depends on personal opinion and such. ^_^

As far as an actual over-rated show. I'd have to say Dragon Ball Z/GT and so on. I LOVED Dragon Ball.... then it all died lol.


Wow I think I am in love again (j/k) but yeah one piece is good, I do disagree with you on the bleach and dbz part. let me explain why dbz is not overated and why it is consider one of the legends in anime. Dbz was the first of it's kind that had all that crazy explosions and fight, which caused most animes you watch today to copy them, dbz set a moment for anime is it was not for dbz anime would not be as popular in the us as it is now. DBZ was so popular when they did the top 5 popular things in america, dbz was ranked number 2, the ONLY anime to be ranked that high on american tv. Since they seem how popular dbz was they started to bring lot and lot of more animes to the US shores, which is why lots of people today in america are into anime. DBZ and sailor moon are the mom and dad of the anime moment in the US. Thats why dbz is a legend, so it is not really overrated. If you worried about the show itself you have to compare dbz to a anime from it's timeline not none of the newer anime because tech has grew alot since dbz days and animes of today look waaaaay better and have more complex storyline


Touche! lol. I still love me some Sailor Moon too, and I can't say I didn't love DBZ when I was a kid, so your point is valid and taken! XD
But this also leaves me at a loss as far as over-rated animes go. I don't really watch many BIG shows [minus the one's already listed] so I'm just going to say.... I've got no clue! >_>
Posted 2/27/13
Some of these answers are haliorus SAO wipes the floor with any anime.
18484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:



I can sort of understand why Kara no Kyoukai's not as popular since it was released intentionally out of order, displays mature content without fear of censorship, and most will go into it having no clear idea what's going on since they don't tell you it's jumbled up from the get-go.
As for Lain, I watched it in dubbed a long time ago, and it's pretty good. One note is that even if you do watch it dubbed, you're still going to have to read subtitles for the text.
Lain's more of a visually-presenting anime rather than a face-on narrative of telling you exactly what you're seeing, so there will be confusion unless you have some background on computers and programming.


Yes but it uses the non-chronological order to such an effect that it's just all the more engrossing, and not in the Haruhi way where they just do it because they can rather it's because it fits so well with the series, of course you could always view it in chronological order now! While it is confusing, it offers so much that it's a shame it hasn't gained the acknowledgement it deserves.

I've never been more excited for an anime movie than I am for Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin, not even Eva 3.0.

Ahh I see! Thanks! I know enough that I can follow it.
EmpReb 
16900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Incoming Air Stomp
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
Gundam.... besides 00 I can say the plot is an EXACT repeat of one of the past ones just with a change of data and heros/ bad guys names and how battles play out but its always back to the same plot. I really want a 00 gundamn to show up again and try something new. I mean it had the no war message but it made a whole lot more sense on how it played out and what really was the danger to the human race.
Posted 2/27/13

EmpReb wrote:

Gundam.... besides 00 I can say the plot is an EXACT repeat of one of the past ones just with a change of data and heros/ bad guys names and how battles play out but its always back to the same plot. I really want a 00 gundamn to show up again and try something new. I mean it had the no war message but it made a whole lot more sense on how it played out and what really was the danger to the human race.


Does it also include Unicorn?
What originally SEED Destiny had the mantle for most overrated anime, SAO succeeds it.
EmpReb 
16900 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Incoming Air Stomp
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:


EmpReb wrote:

Gundam.... besides 00 I can say the plot is an EXACT repeat of one of the past ones just with a change of data and heros/ bad guys names and how battles play out but its always back to the same plot. I really want a 00 gundamn to show up again and try something new. I mean it had the no war message but it made a whole lot more sense on how it played out and what really was the danger to the human race.


Does it also include Unicorn?
What originally SEED Destiny had the mantle for most overrated anime, SAO succeeds it.


Yeah, but I liked SAO after I finished it,it felt complete and resolved. SEED just rubbed me the wrong way too much the first season and the second seasons the ending just was lame.

Unicorn is good I will give it that... AGE was also a good try at something new but OMG that art style made me leave town. And the story really didn't pull me in. 00 really came off with this realism feel well and the over the top battles didn't feel out of place because tech that powered the Suits WAS suppose to be OP compare the the convectional arms. The GN particles drove the plot really well for that show.
18158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Birmingham, Ala
Offline
Posted 2/27/13

Nioos wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:


Nioos wrote:


Infantpooch wrote:

One piece is not overrated. It has a nice story line, and it's really interesting. One of my favorite animes, the problem people have with one piece is the fact that it seems a bit to silly, but it's actually not. Only anime they claim was good but turned out to be terrible is Inuyasha, and Bleach. As far as naruto it's actually pretty well written, I am loving the whole new switch from the kiddy far of (naruto) to the more adult version of the show (Shippuden) I do think naruto don't deserve to be the number 1 but I don't think it's that bad.

I think the problem blooms in the mind of certain people. They don't know what they like all they know is the hate the top animes. I bet 1mill if a anime they liked became number 1 they will soon start to hate that anime. Some people just hate popular stuff for no real reason.

Let you guys know I been watching animes for almost 20 year. I am not trying to say I am a pro or something but I do know a good one and a bad one. I don't hate a anime because it's popular I focus more on the storyline. The only big 3 that is actually crappy is bleach as far as naruto and one piece they are good


Are you referring to the anime or manga? I can't really argue for manga since I don't follow any of the 3, but all the shows suffer majorly from filler, and that's where the pacing gets totally destroyed. It's not completely their fault, but they have to prolong the show just to make sure they follow the manga's story, and that only ends up destroying the quality.


well yeah fillers can be annoying, but filler are there to stop the anime from catching up with the manga since the anime consist of about 5 chapters of the manga, but that don't make those animes some overrated or crappy animes. One piece is a amazing show with a amazing storyline, and some interesting character with unique powers, which is why it's one of my favorite anime it always have something new and crazy to keep me entertained. Naruto has a great story line and they don't leave much plot holes, I like how it was one a lound mouth kid with lots of comedy, to now a more serious anime on a more adult like lvl. Bleach is the only anime which is completely trash, it has lots of holes in it's plot, it has lots of those anime elements which I do not like(http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-793601/things-i-hate-about-anime check out that thread). I can go on and on all day about how I hate bleach but yeah.


I can't argue with One Piece since I've never seen it, but Naruto I would argue. Yes, it's a story about a loud-mouth kid becoming more serious as the story progresses, but there's the process I'm sort of on the fence about. What initially went from strategy to mind games went to the convential method that Dragonball Z popularized: whoever can use the biggest justu are the most strongest, Not to mention that they're the furthest thing from a "ninja", since kunai and shurikens are barely used anymore.

Yes, fillers are used to allow the anime to catch up, but the bottom line is that they're included and are part of in the given series and it destroys the pacing the previous arc had.


As I said my friend you talking about the battles not the storyline or character developement. Naruto is not my favorite anime but I do think it's a decent one.
Posted 2/27/13

EmpReb wrote:


Nioos wrote:


EmpReb wrote:

Gundam.... besides 00 I can say the plot is an EXACT repeat of one of the past ones just with a change of data and heros/ bad guys names and how battles play out but its always back to the same plot. I really want a 00 gundamn to show up again and try something new. I mean it had the no war message but it made a whole lot more sense on how it played out and what really was the danger to the human race.


Does it also include Unicorn?
What originally SEED Destiny had the mantle for most overrated anime, SAO succeeds it.


Yeah, but I liked SAO after I finished it,it felt complete and resolved. SEED just rubbed me the wrong way too much the first season and the second seasons the ending just was lame.

Unicorn is good I will give it that... AGE was also a good try at something new but OMG that art style made me leave town. And the story really didn't pull me in. 00 really came off with this realism feel well and the over the top battles didn't feel out of place because tech that powered the Suits WAS suppose to be OP compare the the convectional arms. The GN particles drove the plot really well for that show.


I personally didn't find a problem with AGE's design, since they were trying to do something different, which I can only compliment them for in a time when difference is down the drain. I tried to like AGE, but they just failed in storytelling and probably their biggest mistake was hiring a video game writer to write the series.
SEED and SEED Destiny's character design I don't like, since the only difference for the main characters are just different hair and eye colour...

22446 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
The only anime that I felt was overhyped after I watched it was Death Note. Didn't even finish that thing, just stopped at the logical place.

Regarding SAO, however: I have 2 personas when I watch anime, the casual viewer and the inner critic. When starting SAO, my casual viewer must have strangled the inner critic in his sleep, because I watched that whole show wide-eyed with excitement and loved every bit of it. Only after I finished did my inner critic wake up and say, "Well that was the dumbest show ever." lol
Having said that, I'd so watch more seasons if they came out.
16747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / San Jose, California
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
Sword art online, Elfen Lied and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
47627 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/27/13
Gintama.
2272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / United Kingdom /...
Online
Posted 2/28/13
sword art online
16304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hartford CT
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

TheSarcasticOne wrote:


AzstroBoii wrote:

I hate when ppl say SAO is overrated... I felt as though it was pretty good, the first half at least.... I'd have to say Fate/Zero ... Some parts were awesome but as a whole i just found myself trying to get it over with


You just lost any credibility....Your'e trying to tell me you had to force yourself through Fate/Zero but SAO was apparently quality entertainment? You may hate it but it's the truth, SAO overall isn't good. I'm not going to hate on it because that ends with the rallying of the SAO die hard fan community. I would like to point out though it doesn't have much going for it, it's lacking any significant substance which is the reason people say it's overrated. People flock to it blindly, praising it for aspects it doesn't actually have. On the topic of Fate/Zero I'd like to say I have no idea what drug induced stupor you were in when watching it because that's a load of bullsh*t.


The second half of SAO was garbo but i liked the first half... Nah i wasn't high watching Fate/Zero but i honestly just didn't enjoy the majority of it that i watched... Maybe i'll go back and watch it again but i just could not get into it for the most part ... dunno y
20319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
One Piece and Fairy Tail.

I actually enjoy Fairy Tail, but it doesn't deserve the hipe it get's. There's nothing astounding about it, just another Big 3 variation, which in my opinion should soon be the big 4, to include Fairy Tail.
75346 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

Misopup wrote:

Total Eclipse.


wait what?

muv luv total eclipse is overrated??????????

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.