First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Most overrated anime(s)?
15691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
Bleach.
15691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

starry wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:

Gintama.


I swear I've watched the first and second episodes about 6 times and just couldn't get beyond it, lol.

Every time a friend asked me to watch it, I'll give it my best but it always ended up in disaster.


Just skip the first two episodes. I had trouble getting past them as well. The first two were not even in the manga.
21084 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
I find some of the SAO comments amusing. I don't think some people knew what they were watching...... "It was like a video game" was a comment I noticed several times....... DUHH! It was a video game. how many episodes did these people watch and did they watch the first ep?
Posted 2/28/13

contrololol wrote:

No offense but there are way way too many hipsters in this thread. Sure hype and word of mouth has definitely helped out big anime titles such as bleach and naruto, but that is not the only reason for their popularity. Any long-running anime gets boring throughout the years but then they get good again, this is normal. When Bleach starts up again, whether amazing or overall boring, there will still be moments of greatness. One great episode makes up for 10 boring ones in my books. Even the more boring episodes are enjoyable for me since I just love seeing characters who have grown on me interact with each other and go about their business.



Wait, so Fate/Zero's hipster?
The reason why some of us don't follow the "Big 3" is that why should we spend time on shows that will take years to end when we can just watch other shows that have a more compressed story, less time-consuming, and just more efficient overall. Besides, why should we watch the episodes when reading the manga takes only 5 minutes?
The Big 3 suffers from filler, and shouldn't take 10+ years to tell a story, and we're not hating on it (at least, not me), but I don't have the time to catch up on 30 episodes of one show when there are a lot of other great one despite being only 12-13 episodes.
14146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/13

Nioos wrote:


contrololol wrote:

No offense but there are way way too many hipsters in this thread. Sure hype and word of mouth has definitely helped out big anime titles such as bleach and naruto, but that is not the only reason for their popularity. Any long-running anime gets boring throughout the years but then they get good again, this is normal. When Bleach starts up again, whether amazing or overall boring, there will still be moments of greatness. One great episode makes up for 10 boring ones in my books. Even the more boring episodes are enjoyable for me since I just love seeing characters who have grown on me interact with each other and go about their business.



Wait, so Fate/Zero's hipster?
The reason why some of us don't follow the "Big 3" is that why should we spend time on shows that will take years to end when we can just watch other shows that have a more compressed story, less time-consuming, and just more efficient overall. Besides, why should we watch the episodes when reading the manga takes only 5 minutes?
The Big 3 suffers from filler, and shouldn't take 10+ years to tell a story, and we're not hating on it (at least, not me), but I don't have the time to catch up on 30 episodes of one show when there are a lot of other great one despite being only 12-13 episodes.


I was mainly talking about the Big 3. Fate/Zero was great, I don't think I've seen anyone complain about that yet. Btw you basically just told me that you don't watch bleach, so how can you have an opinion on whether it is a good show or not? Time shouldn't be a concern since you could watch it over 10 years if you are actually that busy. Personally I enjoy 200+ episode animes(wish I knew more of them) since once a 20 ep anime ends, I get a bit down knowing that I won't get to see my favorite characters again. My problem with the haters is that many of them have not given the shows they bash a proper chance but they still hate on them for no apparent reason.

1106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/28/13
Shounen in general is pretty overrated, particularly the big name ones (such as Naruto and Bleach). Shounen is only one genre of anime, and yet it's the genre that's often used to represent anime as a whole..which is pretty disappointing, since shounen is aimed at 10 year old boys. The reason main stream society rejects anime is because when they think of anime they think things like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc, when anime is actually capable of being deep/thought-provoking/artistic/etc.
Posted 2/28/13

contrololol wrote:


Nioos wrote:


contrololol wrote:

No offense but there are way way too many hipsters in this thread. Sure hype and word of mouth has definitely helped out big anime titles such as bleach and naruto, but that is not the only reason for their popularity. Any long-running anime gets boring throughout the years but then they get good again, this is normal. When Bleach starts up again, whether amazing or overall boring, there will still be moments of greatness. One great episode makes up for 10 boring ones in my books. Even the more boring episodes are enjoyable for me since I just love seeing characters who have grown on me interact with each other and go about their business.



Wait, so Fate/Zero's hipster?
The reason why some of us don't follow the "Big 3" is that why should we spend time on shows that will take years to end when we can just watch other shows that have a more compressed story, less time-consuming, and just more efficient overall. Besides, why should we watch the episodes when reading the manga takes only 5 minutes?
The Big 3 suffers from filler, and shouldn't take 10+ years to tell a story, and we're not hating on it (at least, not me), but I don't have the time to catch up on 30 episodes of one show when there are a lot of other great one despite being only 12-13 episodes.


I was mainly talking about the Big 3. Fate/Zero was great, I don't think I've seen anyone complain about that yet. Btw you basically just told me that you don't watch bleach, so how can you have an opinion on whether it is a good show or not? Time shouldn't be a concern since you could watch it over 10 years if you are actually that busy. Personally I enjoy 200+ episode animes(wish I knew more of them) since once a 20 ep anime ends, I get a bit down knowing that I won't get to see my favorite characters again. My problem with the haters is that many of them have not given the shows they bash a proper chance but they still hate on them for no apparent reason.



I dropped Bleach right around when the Bount Arc ended and haven't looked back since because it was getting nowhere for me and was getting repetitive for me at one point. But I can respect that you like shows that are 200+ episodes, it's just that there are a lot of people who follow all or one of the Big 3 condemn people who don't conform to their views, but I guess it's the same to opposite who condemn individuals who like watching Naruto, Bleach, or One Piece.

I don't follow the Big 3 because it just doesn't interest me.
2114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Guatemala
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
in my opinion code geass is overrated someone recomended it and my friends were like "all hail lelouch" but when i watched it i thought it's not bad but not that good either for me it wasn't special at all just one more of many animes
21290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
One Piece for sure
8677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
ill probably get murdered for saying this and even tho i did enjoy it alot i have to say SAO is way over rated i liked it it was good but it was not the holy grail of anime like people keep on implying...................also bleach
9312 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Over there
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
Sword Art Online
Hyouka
Lucky Star
Haruhi (it's alright, but damn she's a bitch :P).
Black Rock Shooter
Death Note
IS: Infinite Stratos
24005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Sheffield, UK
Offline
Posted 3/6/13
The big 3
Death Note
Studio Ghibli films(Though I do love them)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragonball Z
49915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 3/6/13 , edited 3/6/13

Roxas4ever wrote:

Shounen in general is pretty overrated, particularly the big name ones (such as Naruto and Bleach). Shounen is only one genre of anime, and yet it's the genre that's often used to represent anime as a whole..which is pretty disappointing, since shounen is aimed at 10 year old boys. The reason main stream society rejects anime is because when they think of anime they think things like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc, when anime is actually capable of being deep/thought-provoking/artistic/etc.


Gunslinger Girl isn't your typical shounen. Not all shounen is aimed at 10 year old boys - really shounen is 10-17 year olds.
21448 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 3/6/13

hickey1992 wrote:

The big 2
Studio Ghibli films(Though I do love them)
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Dragonball Z


FTFY

1106 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 3/6/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Roxas4ever wrote:

Shounen in general is pretty overrated, particularly the big name ones (such as Naruto and Bleach). Shounen is only one genre of anime, and yet it's the genre that's often used to represent anime as a whole..which is pretty disappointing, since shounen is aimed at 10 year old boys. The reason main stream society rejects anime is because when they think of anime they think things like Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc, when anime is actually capable of being deep/thought-provoking/artistic/etc.


Gunslinger Girl isn't your typical shounen. Not all shounen is aimed at 10 year old boys - really shounen is 10-17 year olds.


True. Some shounen is really well written and breaks the mold of it's own genre. There are a couple of shounen anime that I like. However, I think overall it's overrated. Particularly the big name ones.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.