Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Any Piano Lovers?
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 2/6/13 , edited 2/6/13
My music taste consists of only classical and instrumental music. I guess you can call me odd because I don't like listening to songs with voices. I was wondering if there was anybody on Crunchyroll who had the same taste of music as I do.

These are some of my favorite piano songs:

To Zanarkand FFX OST - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-0G_FI61a8

Flower Dance by DJ Okawari - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULG4MoYxQk

River Flows In You - Yiruma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-4wUfZD6oc

Kiss The Rain - Yiruma http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6ExplQlaY

and to further match someone with my music taste, I also love music like this below. Time is my all time favorite.

Time - Hans Zimmer (From Inception)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kGAz6HYM8

Clubbed to Death - Rob Dougan (Matrix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFS4zYWxzNA

Tennessee - Hans Zimmer (Pearl Harbor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbwaHTuLvE
38016 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/13
You should listen to:

Chilly Gonzales, Solo Piano I & II, great albums.

Jan Johansson - Visan från utanmyra

Hiromi Uehara - Return of Kung-Fu World Champion

Detektivbyrån - Om du möter varg


All instrumental music, some different genres.
4580 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Hannah fury is a good piano artist, she sings however and her songs do get samey.

Summer 1976 by Yann Tiersen has a nice piano piece as well.
123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/9/13 , edited 2/9/13
I don't think that's odd at all.. sometimes voices are just unnecessary..

if you don't know them already you might want to check out the following..

(nils frahm - ambre) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOk92AFunmE

(takahiro kido - a carefree patient) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMWTOgPPrVM

(dustin o'halloran - opus 28) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTWbS2SlVY

(ludovico einaudi - time lapse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcv18IyvKM

(library tapes - pieces of us!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBuMHAfoR0

(worrytrain - celestian police) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6wmjAk4ls
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 2/11/13

Stereolith wrote:

I don't think that's odd at all.. sometimes voices are just unnecessary..

if you don't know them already you might want to check out the following..

(nils frahm - ambre) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOk92AFunmE

(takahiro kido - a carefree patient) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMWTOgPPrVM

(dustin o'halloran - opus 28) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQTWbS2SlVY

(ludovico einaudi - time lapse) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJcv18IyvKM

(library tapes - pieces of us!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXBuMHAfoR0

(worrytrain - celestian police) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf6wmjAk4ls


I love these! Thank you so much!
32039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 2/12/13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0Z6g1XJkU
So pompous Chopin <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JLIBJdTxyI
So passionate Rachmaninov <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y
How romantic Liszt <3

I play some of these piece too. So beautiful. ^_^

123 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

Gyava wrote:


I love these! Thank you so much!


my pleasure. and thanks as well.. didn't know yiruma until now.. sounds very chilling so far
37399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/14/13
Flower Dance and Yiruma, boy you have good taste.

I'd be willing to share some of my own playings on some pieces, not sure if it's allowed though. Too many files.
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 2/15/13

alicia-m wrote:

Flower Dance and Yiruma, boy you have good taste.

I'd be willing to share some of my own playings on some pieces, not sure if it's allowed though. Too many files.


Not allowed? I'm eager to hear your music!
rdfury 
12773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Oklahoma City
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
LOVE piano! Classic pieces aside, Shiro Sagisu uses it very well. I also really enjoyed it in Melody 2 from the Pandora Hearts OST 2. I'm a huge fan of jazz piano as well. Billy Joel, Jerry Lee Lewis and Liberace are all excellent artists but the person that moves me most is Alicia Keys. That girl is on FIRE!
32039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 2/17/13 , edited 2/17/13
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRaWZji_Co
Good song if you are in mood for it.
Shiro Sagisu soundtrack that appears in Bleach episode 16
1149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 2/18/13 , edited 2/18/13
Does it have to be classical, or does any piano instrumental fly? Cuz Fats Waller is probably my favorite Jazz pianist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IehbrIJPO0
1912 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Greensboro, NC
Offline
Posted 2/18/13
I can understand that. I'm not too big a fan of rap and whatnot in America. I've had a fancy for japanese/korean music. It's just so different from the usual crap around here. I can't understand a word, but the music is just fine. BTW, anyone know any downloadable music sites for anime music?
11745 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / West Point (USMA)
Offline
Posted 3/10/13

Striferu wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRaWZji_Co
Good song if you are in mood for it.
Shiro Sagisu soundtrack that appears in Bleach episode 16


I've had that song on a lot of CD's and iPod's for a while, I love it!


snugglefunked wrote:

Does it have to be classical, or does any piano instrumental fly? Cuz Fats Waller is probably my favorite Jazz pianist:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IehbrIJPO0


I'm very open to all kinds of music; although that song might not fit my likes perfectly, it's really interesting to listen to. I like it. ^^


bakoi wrote:

I can understand that. I'm not too big a fan of rap and whatnot in America. I've had a fancy for japanese/korean music. It's just so different from the usual crap around here. I can't understand a word, but the music is just fine. BTW, anyone know any downloadable music sites for anime music?


I totally understand what you're saying.. Those are some big reasons why I don't listen to a lot of current music anymore. Also, if you know the names of the anime songs, you can YouTube them, copy the link, and paste it into www.flv2mp3.com to download it. It might be a bit tedious.. but you'll be surprised at how fast your song files rack up.
17051 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Suomi
Offline
Posted 3/12/13 , edited 3/12/13
Here are some of my favorites, but I warn you! These piano songs are extremely sad ones.



I listen piano songs very much. They help me relax and sometimes I can even share a tears with them.
I am pianist my self and I have also created my own songs. Who knows if i'm really going show them to you someday!
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.