First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You have an Aura.
27813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:
I am making a statement to all science only possible explanation types...think of it as the opposite of when someone says Jesus is magic , but of course science has its many needs just not in everything. For instance they may say its healthy for pregnant women to receive horse urine shots(Google it) and many many 100% must be done because we PROVED it to be absolute with Science scenarios...that if you were a mother in that time period and didn't want the shot got shunned. I am not saying that its all bad but believing in some thing bigger than us in which we can't measure isn't all bad either.


Your grammar is really bad, so I'm not quite sure if you're saying that pregnant women should get injections of horse urine because science says so, or if you're saying that science says not to but idiots do it anyway.

Just to clear this up: There are NO scientific or medicinal publications advocating the benefits of injections of horse urine for anyone, although there is some discussion on blogs and quackery websites by people who don't know better. It is a big confusion because for a long time female hormones were extracted from the urine of pregnant horses to be used in hormone replacement therapy and for women who had a history of first-trimester miscarriages, but this is different from injecting urine directly.

Please don't inject yourself or anyone else (especially pregnant women) with urine of any kind. Our kidneys work hard to excrete and concentrate toxins into urine, and injecting them directly into your blood stream is essentially giving yourself a shot of poison.
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13

netdisorder wrote:


marcel20 wrote:

Awesome post Vega...but ya gotta love people who post an scientific explanation for it all...they are soo funny and dumb. Anyways, having faith and believing in a positive outcome is another way too.


You're kidding. Or do you seriously mean to say that people who post scientific explanations are dumb? I wish I were hallucinating right now. Perhaps there were cavemen who thought similarly to you about any cavemen who tried to explain to others how to make fire.

It's in human nature to try and understand everything around us. There are several routes to go about it. One is to apply the supernatural and call it good. Another is to make use of human intelligence and try to come up with an explanation that is plausible. Each choice is subjective to the individual, so neither method is the wrong approach, as the goal of discovering truth is to find some sense of understanding. However, there are approaches that yield objective and testable results, and others that do not.

You are being closed minded, and are tragically misusing the application of the word 'dumb'.

Lastly, 'a' and 'an' and very different. I'm not much of a grammar Nazi. I make the occasional error as well. However, if you are going to go around calling people stupid, It's worth pointing out your mistakes.


It would be easy to know which one you believe in by your language. First of all the comment about the explorer cave vs the the one who doesn't want accept new ideas don't apply here...it is simple I don't believe in what you do and I'm sure you feel the same about my beliefs.
Of course its subjective...your "testable results" fall in this category also...believe it or not. People say you are being close minded a lot when you don't believe what they do its the magic phrase these days...fortunately I can see right through as to why someone actually says that.
and the awesome lesson on grammar lol is beautiful...this is not a paper I will be graded on so I simply don't care to double check it.
23483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:


tehstud wrote:

This is so hypocritical it's not even funny.

So the draconian, religious dogma of blind acceptance and absolute faith, belief is not being a 'dumb mindless drone who can't think for themselves'? Rather using consistent, testable, and founded explanations to establish an understanding of the universal fabric is, correct?


I think that's awesome so now you see...we believe the same things...your method in which you were taught what you know BELIEVE in what ever it is you do came from the church...you professors just point towards Christianity soo much and put a giant red circle over it so that you don't recognize that they are preaching the exact same way but a different message and change there wording a bit. I find it to be unbelievable that many cannot see it or just refuse to do so. Like I said earlier it all comes down to what you believe.


I'm not singling out Christianity, but religion in general. I'm not so credulous as to believe anything I read or hear, even from professors and scientists, without a thorough understanding. Science is just so much more effective in establishing that thorough understanding, but I'm not so presumptuous as to believe science can explain everything. Furthermore, science does not require belief because it will exist in reality. See, science is factual while religion, belief will be true to the individual. This is where the distinction between truth and fact come into play. Facts are objective and present in reality while truth is subjective and could, or could not, be present in reality. For truth, you need to believe it for it to be real in this case whereas facts do not require belief because it will exist regardless.
23483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

AruarianDance wrote:

can science teach you how to live well?


That is such a vague term, thus a vague answer... Yes.
Posted 2/8/13

tehstud wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:

can science teach you how to live well?


That is such a vague term, thus a vague answer... Yes.


then do you know that's the gateway between religion and science?
6527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Heaven on Earth
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
About time you humans remembered!

Love, life and peace!
Kyrek 
38688 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Wisconsin
Offline
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13
Since nobody has said it yet after checking each page, I will take the liberty of doing so:


My aura level is OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, I feel better.
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13

tehstud wrote:


marcel20 wrote:


tehstud wrote:

This is so hypocritical it's not even funny.

So the draconian, religious dogma of blind acceptance and absolute faith, belief is not being a 'dumb mindless drone who can't think for themselves'? Rather using consistent, testable, and founded explanations to establish an understanding of the universal fabric is, correct?


I think that's awesome so now you see...we believe the same things...your method in which you were taught what you know BELIEVE in what ever it is you do came from the church...you professors just point towards Christianity soo much and put a giant red circle over it so that you don't recognize that they are preaching the exact same way but a different message and change there wording a bit. I find it to be unbelievable that many cannot see it or just refuse to do so. Like I said earlier it all comes down to what you believe.


I'm not singling out Christianity, but religion in general. I'm not so credulous as to believe anything I read or hear, even from professors and scientists, without a thorough understanding. Science is just so much more effective in establishing that thorough understanding, but I'm not so presumptuous as to believe science can explain everything. Furthermore, science does not require belief because it will exist in reality. See, science is factual while religion, belief will be true to the individual. This is where the distinction between truth and fact come into play. Facts are objective and present in reality while truth is subjective and could, or could not, be present in reality. For truth, you need to believe it for it to be real in this case whereas facts do not require belief because it will exist regardless.


I like your response, but who says it is factual?, who created units where by the facts are measured?, a pile of bones that some guys says are 2 billion years old...how do we know with out a doubt that he is right? Is it HIS machine or method that HE created or others who are colleagues who agree. The facts from a scientists from one generation will differ from the next..do you believe that scientists would not make something up for money, recognition or to be put in the history books? To be 100% absolute and break everything down to its basics it is in what you believe and not by the idea's of men that were spoken into existence and than simply given measurements, which is in essence the "facts" you are speaking of.
42 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
I CAN GO SUPER SAYIAN 8)!!!!!
this is kool. i wouldn't be surprised if in the late 2000's or mid 3000's we are able to use kinetic energy or something like that. interesting topic and i think they could be on to something.
All beginning theories sound ridiculous at the time.... like the sun is the center of our solar system.... people thought that was crazy, but it is truth.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
I am glad we are having a conversation going on.
Posted 2/8/13

MaRk_Da_ShArK22 wrote:

I CAN GO SUPER SAYIAN 8)!!!!!
this is kool. i wouldn't be surprised if in the late 2000's or mid 3000's we are able to use kinetic energy or something like that. interesting topic and i think they could be on to something.
All beginning theories sound ridiculous at the time.... like the sun is the center of our solar system.... people thought that was crazy, but it is truth.


Human Physiology doesn't work that way, and evolution takes a LOT longer than 1000 years.
6527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Heaven on Earth
Offline
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13
Actually if your awareness reaches a point surpassing most humans on earth....

Well... like they say.. like attracts like. Birds of a feather flock together.

You will experience a shift so your frequencies matches those around you.
Posted 2/8/13

Daemon_Magister wrote:

Actually ifyour awareness reaches a point surpassing most humans on earth....

Well... like they say.. like attracts like. Birds of a feather flock together.

You will experience a shift so your frequencies matches those around you.




Once again, show me verifiable and credible evidence of your claims, otherwise I'm going to still sit here and tell you that you're wrong and that your claims are nonsensical crap on the same level as the tooth fairy, Santa, and the easter bunny.
23483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:


tehstud wrote:

I'm not singling out Christianity, but religion in general. I'm not so credulous as to believe anything I read or hear, even from professors and scientists, without a thorough understanding. Science is just so much more effective in establishing that thorough understanding, but I'm not so presumptuous as to believe science can explain everything. Furthermore, science does not require belief because it will exist in reality. See, science is factual while religion, belief will be true to the individual. This is where the distinction between truth and fact come into play. Facts are objective and present in reality while truth is subjective and could, or could not, be present in reality. For truth, you need to believe it for it to be real in this case whereas facts do not require belief because it will exist regardless.


I like your response, but who says it is factual?, who created units where by the facts are measured?, a pile of bones that some guys says are 2to billion years old...how do we know with out a doubt that he is right? Is it HIS machine or method that HE created or others who are loneliness who agree. The facts from a scientists from one generation will differ from the next..do you believe that scientists would not make something up for money, recognition or to be put in the history books? To be 100% absolute and break everything down to its basics it is in what you believe and not by the idea's of men that were spoken into existence and than simply given measurements, which is in essence the "facts" you are speaking of.


Okay that is a valid point. This is why I said I don't believe everything I read or hear. In science, facts can, and do, change. That is why I was describing the word, 'fact', in my post. I said it has to be 'present in reality' so belief has no play, similar to laws but not limited to. Some science requires belief, but not all science. Sometimes, it is what it is and you must accept that despite your beliefs.
6527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Heaven on Earth
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Or you can just look for the information yourself?

Is that how your life works?

People have to spoon feed you information rather than you looking for it yourself?
23483 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

AruarianDance wrote:


tehstud wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:

can science teach you how to live well?


That is such a vague term, thus a vague answer... Yes.


then do you know that's the gateway between religion and science?


What.
Posted 2/8/13

Daemon_Magister wrote:

Or you can just look for the information yourself?

Is that how your life works?

People have to spoon feed you information rather than you looking for it yourself?


Sorry bucko, that's not how being valid in your claims works.

If you make a batshit crazy claim, the burden of proof is on YOU!
I say it's false, provide evidence to support your claims!

Understand?


Learn what the scientific method actually is before you support looney new agey idiocy.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.