First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You have an Aura.
21459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:

ugh some of the out of place words I put in post are just my stupid browser app on my phone it totally change the word I put...like loneliness was suppose to say colleagues lol and the "to" next to the number 2 in :2 billion"...lol i'm on my laptop now. Yes there are some things, but there is nothing that disproves God.


Don't worry. I'm not some punk who is going to attack you for grammar or spelling, your reasoning is sensible which is all that matters. And yes, that is true, which is why I said, ''science can't prove everything''. Nobody can prove that God does or doesn't exist, and to say otherwise would be madness.
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
This is like the best post ever on here. I mean, the best topic. I always used to think it was only possible in animes and shizz. But but-- My dreams are coming true :'D
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13
You cannot make the distinction between religions...

I understood perfectly what you said about truth and fact. You said science is irrefutable because it's based on fact which is true I don't disagree that the discoveries and hypothesis achieved through science are correct, but to say religion is not present in actual reality is wrong, whether someone notices it or not is why some religions are not relevant to the person whereas science always is. have you ever studied Taoism?
Posted 2/8/13

wannabeanime wrote:

This is like the best post ever on here. I mean, the best topic. I always used to think it was only possible in animes and shizz. But but-- My dreams are coming true :'D


If this is true, you will be dust and ash before it ever happens.

Just enjoy the anime, it's a neat concept but 100% physically impossible (and everyone who claims different has either been caught out as a fraud, or refuses to be studied to avoid being caught out as a fraud.)

:D
1834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / UK
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

Iainfixie wrote:


wannabeanime wrote:

This is like the best post ever on here. I mean, the best topic. I always used to think it was only possible in animes and shizz. But but-- My dreams are coming true :'D


If this is true, you will be dust and ash before it ever happens.

Just enjoy the anime, it's a neat concept but 100% physically impossible (and everyone who claims different has either been caught out as a fraud, or refuses to be studied to avoid being caught out as a fraud.)

:D


I suppose so.. But that almost hit my dream. T______T
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13

What basic knowledge is that? So what if science cannot explain everything, that doesn't mean that it wont be able to in the future. If it can't be explained by science, it's because we don't have the methods to explain it yet, or it is so incomprehensible that we never will.

However, pseudo-science explains far less, as there is no testable bases. There is no way to confirm any of it. It's pure speculation. That is useless knowledge.
21459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

AruarianDance wrote:

You cannot make the distinction between religions...

I understood perfectly what you said about truth and fact. You said science is irrefutable because it's based on fact which is true I don't disagree that the discoveries and hypothesis achieved through science are correct, but to say religion is not present in actual reality is wrong, whether someone notices it or not is why some religions are not relevant to the person whereas science always is. have you ever studied Taoism?


Perhaps you should re-read this:


tehstud wrote:

I'm not singling out Christianity, but religion in general. I'm not so credulous as to believe anything I read or hear, even from professors and scientists, without a thorough understanding. Science is just so much more effective in establishing that thorough understanding, but I'm not so presumptuous as to believe science can explain everything. Furthermore, science does not require belief because it will exist in reality. See, science is factual while religion, belief will be true to the individual. This is where the distinction between truth and fact come into play. Facts are objective and present in reality while truth is subjective and could, or could not, be present in reality. For truth, you need to believe it for it to be real in this case whereas facts do not require belief because it will exist regardless.


I said religion is not present in reality? Wrong. I said religion could be present in reality due to their belief. So again, making blatantly false assumptions. Please stop trying to put words in my mouth, and if you're going to continue to do so, learn some tact.
2183 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:


moneygrip3030 wrote:


marcel20 wrote:


Liahna wrote:


marcel20 wrote:

I am making a statement to all science only possible explanation types...think of it as the opposite of when someone says Jesus is magic , but of course science has its many needs just not in everything. For instance they may say its healthy for pregnant women to receive horse urine shots(Google it) and many many 100% must be done because we PROVED it to be absolute with Science scenarios...that if you were a mother in that time period and didn't want the shot got shunned. I am not saying that its all bad but believing in some thing bigger than us in which we can't measure isn't all bad either.


Yeah i know what you mean but try to say things with some respect because saying that is dumb is just rude.

Look at this

"Believing that something we don't understand at the moment is made by something bigger than us just because of the lack of knowledge in the field is just stupid"

Isn't this rude to you?


Lol that why I said the dumb comment...have you read the religious post on this site? Take one look at
the responses on many scientific minded responses and you will see that "dumb" is very childish and uncouth, yet nothing like the very mean hearted responses i saw...that
is why I used for I was speaking to a child like know it all response of scientific absolutism which is in itself nothing
but a afterschool special in that everyone wants you to believe what they believe.example: 3 kids with cigarettes try to entice a
fourth kid to smoke...he says no and is now not "cool" and can't hang around them now that he didn't do what they
wanted him to...this application is in itself an actual absolute(of course this is figurative) which brings everyone to this one
question...with out friends and family or classmates nor co-workers around to hear your answer and that question is "what
do you believe in"? Are you really atheist or do you think if you keep repeating that you are to friends, family or yourself
in the mirror enough that you just might start to believe it? OR if you really believe in god when you come to church every Sunday?
I know I went far away from your question and no this isn't directed at you but other scientific prophets out there.


Scientific prophet is an oxymoron, and fucking horse urine shots? Are you serious? Show me one single published scientific paper on this and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you sound like a crazy man right now. Horse urine? For fucks sake....


Ugh dude just Google it...its not that hard to find... I seen it on the discovery channel as part of a documentary on illnesses and cures...no it wasn't something a preacher told me if that's what you are worried about and that was a light one...there were many worse ones lol they happen all the time when something is on the news and you hear...Scientist's NOW say that there first assumption on(whatever it is insert) were totally off and now they say..blah blah blah...and the funny thing is no one questions them and later its changed again. And crazy lol ur too cute.


Science by definition is the 'pursuit of knowledge', and not some amazing goody bag of facts to sort through.. Studies aren't expected to be right the first time. Pseudo-science would fall somewhere into the middle of this image. It's... A mutant.

Posted 2/8/13

netdisorder wrote:


marcel20 wrote:


netdisorder wrote:


Nope...just people who use them to TRY to explain everything are dumb mindless drones who can't think for themselves
so they go only by what some other guy made up and did his best to make himself sound smarter than he really is...hmm kinda like you ;)


First off, there is nobody here that is trying to explain 'everything'. So let's get to what you are actually trying to say. You believe that everyone who tries to explain something is dumb. If explaining 'something' is what makes a person dumb, then aren't the people who made the video's that -Vega- linked dumb as well? How about every philosopher, scientist, and religious person in the entire world?

Under your very definition of 'dumb', everybody with a world view falls into this category. Because I am a kind person, I will leave you with this video link. I see no harm in sharing a little knowledg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI&list=FLsaY4qwkmX7DJ_Mc-04yyOw&index=9


If they are trying to explain EVERYTHING with science they are lacking basic knowledge and that knowledge is that you cannot explain EVERYTHING with science...I hope I made clear the everything part also I have enough knowledge the video isn't needed but thanks.


What basic knowledge is that? So what if science cannot explain everything, that doesn't mean that it wont be able to in the future. If it can't be explained by science, it's because we don't have the methods to explain it yet, or it is so incomprehensible that we never will.

However, pseudo-science explains far less, as there is no testable bases. There is no way to confirm any of it. It's pure speculation. That is useless knowledge.


I totally agree with your first mini paragraph, but for your second one please read some of the post tehstud and I had exchanged...I just don't like repeating over and over again.
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
A nun at my Catholic high school claimed that her Sisters were doing researh into this. She claimed that saying Hitler would have negative effects on matter if repeated enough. She claimed the reverse is true if you say positive things. It had to do with the crystallization of ice cubes or something. She was mean and weird so I never tried to discuss it with her and prove to her how nuts she sounded.
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13


awesome....if only I would acknowledged it. but this is equivalent to reading a scripture out of a science-bible. Its all perspective of ones beliefs.
Banned
31571 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
The people that don't believe are so funny.
20173 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Rule of the internet

#35
- If you mention religion, God, or paranormal things, you'll start an argument/flame war.

#34
- Everyone's a guy until proven otherwise. Follow the acronym G.I.R.L. - guy in real life
21459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Delaware
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

pandrasb wrote:

Rule of the internet

#35
- If you mention religion, God, or paranormal things, you'll start an argument/flame war.

#34
- Everyone's a guy until proven otherwise. Follow the acronym G.I.R.L. - guy in real life


And children are Chris Hansen?
1177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Nowhere, MI
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
^ that's not rule 34.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.