First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You have an Aura.
Posted 2/8/13
The internet: Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.
33232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Everyone here should have an idea of what he's talking about, chi and Kai are pretty much this energy he speaks of. Goku, Naruto, and many other of our favorite anime characters utilize this energy. It's written about in ancient folklore.

Fung Shui is based on the principle of aligning yourself and your belongings with the natural energy of the world around you.

This is also, I believe, the energy that ghosts and spirits are made of, that someone in death who has a strong desire to remain for whatever reason. Will be able to maintain a kind of consciousness as weak, free floating energy. It is the stuff of the soul.
22706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

karmacide wrote:

^ that's not rule 34.


oops sorry 34 is the porn one
88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
it's not science at all, science is used in this case to try to prove it in order to make it aknowleged by everyone.
however, this has nothing to do with science. the "idea" of the existence of this energy was developed thousands of years ago, and is intergrated in ancient traditions, and culture.

but another example is bujutsu, in bujutsu it is kown (not believed, but known!) taht this energy and "aura" does exist. futhermore when someone reaches a high level they start to learn how to use and target this energy.

i can understand people don't believe this but it is true, but just because most people can't explain it it is hard for them to believe in it's existince.
Posted 2/8/13

splinter93 wrote:

it's not science at all, science is used in this case to try to prove it in order to make it aknowleged by everyone.
however, this has nothing to do with science. the "idea" of the existence of this energy was developed thousands of years ago, and is intergrated in ancient traditions, and culture.

but another example is bujutsu, in bujutsu it is kown (not believed, but known!) taht this energy and "aura" does exist. futhermore when someone reaches a high level they start to learn how to use and target this energy.

i can understand people don't believe this but it is true, but just because most people can't explain it it is hard for them to believe in it's existince.


There is no physical evidence for it existing, it's about as real as the tooth fairy.
88 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / netherlands
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

bluerunner wrote:

Everyone here should have an idea of what he's talking about, chi and Kai are pretty much this energy he speaks of. Goku, Naruto, and many other of our favorite anime characters utilize this energy. It's written about in ancient folklore.

Fung Shui is based on the principle of aligning yourself and your belongings with the natural energy of the world around you.

This is also, I believe, the energy that ghosts and spirits are made of, that someone in death who has a strong desire to remain for whatever reason. Will be able to maintain a kind of consciousness as weak, free floating energy. It is the stuff of the soul.


completely right!
36310 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
It just is, was, and can be. Present, past, future. That's time. It has no matter. So no space but time it has. Still it cannot be found. I believe it can be felt under certain circumstances...
16436 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
Sweet! I am gonna use my aura to make my sister get me a bag of chips

..... It didn't work, instead I farted and gave myself a headache
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13




It's not that it can't be explained, it's that it can't be proven. If it was proven we would all be studying it. It's fantasy.
If it was proven, everyone would be studying it and using it.

Hell, if it has been proven send the person to James Randi who offers a 1 million dollar prize for anyone capable!

18754 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
This is what we call a pseudoscience.
2187 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / Behind you
Offline
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13

marcel20 wrote:



awesome....if only I would acknowledged it. but this is equivalent to reading a scripture out of a science-bible. Its all perspective of ones beliefs.


So do you not agree that this in fact is the meticulous process that the scientific route follows, and that it is the pursuit of knowledge?

If so, why? I can make a video of me conducting an experiment, and physically show you how the process works. I can also tell you what I learn from it. Proving both points. It's done in just about every 6th grade science class in the world.

Here's a really, really stupid example. But hopefully you will find some humor in it.

If somebody grabs a potato and pretends that he doesn't have the knowledge of how to cut it in half. He could theorize that slapping the potato with a stick will cut it in half, and then he gets a stick and tries slapping it a couple times. Does it work? No, theory failed. Now he gets a knife and cuts that bastard in half. Does the theory work? Yes, and the evidence that there is a cut in half potato supports it. Now he will make theories on how to butter that bitch up, so he can better understand the universe.

Congratulations, if the person who cut the potato was initially brain dead, then that person is now an idiot who finally figured out how to cut a potato. However, it's knowledge gained, and believe it or not something that simple is science.

Quicker examples would be to say that 1+1 = 2, or that if you punch yourself really hard it hurts. These are all testable results that are not subjective unless you are a rock or something. Proven results of higher levels of science are the same way. Especially when they have 20+ methods of testing the same thing, and all methods lead to the same conclusion every single time. For instance, carbon dating, one of many scientific tests to estimate the age of earthly things.
Posted 2/8/13 , edited 2/8/13
[q


I understand that there are things that science yield which are very necessary and help many in so many ways I totally agree, and I like the potato example a lot. I am stealing it.
3289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
There is too much to learn in science
26733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 2/8/13

Iainfixie wrote:

There is no physical evidence for it existing, it's about as real as the tooth fairy.


I am willing to believe in anything that gives me money. Clearly I am not alone, or Sedona, Arizona wouldn't be rich.
48469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 2/8/13
people have told me before that I have a certain aura about me.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.