First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Your innate hypocrisy.
37624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 2/7/13
The way I see it I could care less to know what happens after death. what happens happens; If I die and their is such a thing as heaven and hell more than likely I will go to hell anyways so I have nothing to worry about. and if I die and nothing happens well shit so be it. but I am definantly a hypocrite. I usually rant about alot of things and of course I do exactly what I just ranted about so I am just as bad as the one I ranted about. I have been catching myself lately.
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:



No you asked the same ones.


Only because you never answered them. Once you do this, I will stop asking these specific questions.
Posted 2/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:



No you asked the same ones.


Only because you never answered them. Once you do this, I will stop asking these specific questions.


Ah, but I did answer them. Or maybe I won't. Or maybe.. I did.
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:



Ah, but I did answer them. Or maybe I won't. Or maybe.. I did.


When?
Posted 2/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:



Ah, but I did answer them. Or maybe I won't. Or maybe.. I did.


When?


In the past.
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:



In the past.


When did this occur in the past?
Posted 2/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:



In the past.


When did this occur in the past?


Awhile ago
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:





I strongly disagree with the bold text.

An open minded person is anyone who is accepting to ideas that are rejected by many. Now don't confuse accepting with agreeing. For example, the first example of a close minded person I can think of is Mitt Romney. He stands against social progression. I am a non-believer, and I am not close minded. I know plenty of theist who are not close minded.

So I really disagree with the notion stating that your religious affiliation determines how open or close minded you are. It's kind of ridiculous to be honest.


You already closed your mind to believing in anything spiritual did you not? There-fore close minded. Baka.



No, that's incorrect. Non-believers closed their minds to nonsense and fairy tales, and opened their mind to truth, wisdom, and intelligence.



32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:



Awhile ago


When was this?
20469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F
Offline
Posted 2/7/13
Is it hypocritical for scientists to believe in God, or Christians to believe in science? Or is it one of the ultimate ironies?
32425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

trinkit wrote:

Is it hypocritical for scientists to believe in God, or Christians to believe in science? Or is it one of the ultimate ironies?


I don't think it is hypocritical as long as they are willing to change those beliefs.
2369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:

Oh now you sound like a 4-year old. Go to the extended discussion where you belong.




I lol'd so hard at this. Oh man, that forum.
Posted 2/7/13

Iainfixie wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:





I strongly disagree with the bold text.

An open minded person is anyone who is accepting to ideas that are rejected by many. Now don't confuse accepting with agreeing. For example, the first example of a close minded person I can think of is Mitt Romney. He stands against social progression. I am a non-believer, and I am not close minded. I know plenty of theist who are not close minded.

So I really disagree with the notion stating that your religious affiliation determines how open or close minded you are. It's kind of ridiculous to be honest.


You already closed your mind to believing in anything spiritual did you not? There-fore close minded. Baka.



No, that's incorrect. Non-believers closed their minds to nonsense and fairy tales, and opened their mind to truth, wisdom, and intelligence.






Whatever floats your boat, like I said your opinion. No one said anything about fairy tales or nonsense, possibilities just like the great Einstein once said

"There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance."

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."

"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books—-a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects."

You stick to your science and facts. Doesn't mean I don't see it in that angle either, but doesn't mean I don't see it about 100 different angles and other ways then in which you won't let your mind explore. Don't demean my beliefs, because I haven't once did that to yours.
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:


Iainfixie wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:







You already closed your mind to believing in anything spiritual did you not? There-fore close minded. Baka.















Yes, the human mind cannot fathom just how vast and amazing the universe is. I highly doubt there is a "cosmic magic entity" behind it, but it's still an amazing place that we don't fully understand. Your argument about the books being in order is slightly odd, I understand it but it doesn't fully make sense. If you saw a bunch of books on a shelf in a language and numerical system you don't understand would you say that they are in order? If yes, you are only exercising use of a "confirmation bias". There is no "grand architect or librarian" to this, unless you count physics itself as an "entity".

Curiosity is amazing, I feel like I've failed the human race if I don't learn something new daily, yet I am an atheist so therefore via your logic I am still close-minded? I also have studied numerous religions in college (minored in alternative religious studies for 2 years when I was studying psychology as a major) I can safely say via scientific and factual evidence that there isn't a "Magic controlling being" in the universe that expects all his/her/it's/their lesser being's worship. I'm not trying to demean your beliefs but you don't seem apt to accept alternative ones to your own.



Posted 2/7/13

Iainfixie wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:


Iainfixie wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:







You already closed your mind to believing in anything spiritual did you not? There-fore close minded. Baka.















Yes, the human mind cannot fathom just how vast and amazing the universe is. I highly doubt there is a "cosmic magic entity" behind it, but it's still an amazing place that we don't fully understand. Your argument about the books being in order is slightly odd, I understand it but it doesn't fully make sense. If you saw a bunch of books on a shelf in a language and numerical system you don't understand would you say that they are in order? If yes, you are only exercising use of a "confirmation bias". There is no "grand architect or librarian" to this, unless you count physics itself as an "entity".

Curiosity is amazing, I feel like I've failed the human race if I don't learn something new daily, yet I am an atheist so therefore via your logic I am still close-minded? I also have studied numerous religions in college (minored in alternative religious studies for 2 years when I was studying psychology as a major) I can safely say via scientific and factual evidence that there isn't a "Magic controlling being" in the universe that expects all his/her/it's/their lesser being's worship. I'm not trying to demean your beliefs but you don't seem apt to accept alternative ones to your own.






It's just like calling me stupid for having those believes instead of just respecting me for it you call it fairy-tales and mumbo jumbo.
So yes, I'll call you close-minded and be it at that. Lets just call it the balance of life right now. You don't even know what it is I believe and you hear the word "Spiritual" which could mean several different things, and quickly objectify it. I did in the earlier post in which this whole debate started that I believed in the science and spiritual sides of things. So how am I not accepting alternates of my own? I don't even have a religion. I just have my beliefs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.