First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Your innate hypocrisy.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13 , edited 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:




Whatever floats your boat, like I said your opinion. No one said anything about fairy tales or nonsense, possibilities just like the great Einstein once said

"There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance."


So why do you accuse people that use their intuition as being closed-minded?




"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."


What makes you think that anybody here does not have an intuitive mind?




"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."


So why do you belittle me just because of my curiosity?




"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books—-a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects."


So why do you think that people who suspect a different plan are closed-minded?




You stick to your science and facts. Doesn't mean I don't see it in that angle either, but doesn't mean I don't see it about 100 different angles and other ways then in which you won't let your mind explore.


Why do you assume that his mind did not see those 100 different angles also?




Don't demean my beliefs, because I haven't once did that to yours.


Then why do you accuse people who don't hold your beliefs as being closed-minded?
Posted 2/7/13 , edited 2/7/13




18507 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Waco
Offline
Posted 2/7/13
I think people who believe in a higher being or a afterlife are people who are wanting more than now. What i mean by this is that the current world is so bad right now and people have faith that something after death will be better than what we are living in right now is a great chance to take. I'm baptism and i believe in a lot of things my church says and yet i do disagree on things my church says or does. i'm betting all cards that a heaven is there cause I want to take my chance. i've been to a lot third world countries cause my family is from central america and if god exisit i hope he takes all his children who have not bless as us to have things or able to make a better life. I do feel lately that some churches are becoming very closed mined with the old rules and need to update their rules asap cause they are falling behind in society.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13 , edited 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:


It's just like calling me stupid for having those believes instead of just respecting me for it you call it fairy-tales and mumbo jumbo.


Why do you assume this?




I did in the earlier post in which this whole debate started that I believed in the science and spiritual sides of things. So how am I not accepting alternates of my own?


Because you are judging people based on their beliefs, therefore you are unwilling to accept that there are decent human beings who have opinions that differ from yours.
Posted 2/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:




Whatever floats your boat, like I said your opinion. No one said anything about fairy tales or nonsense, possibilities just like the great Einstein once said

"There is no logical way to the discovery of elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance."


So why do you accuse people that use their intuition as being close-minded?




"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."


What makes you think that anybody here does not have an intuitive mind?

Never said that




"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."


So why do you belittle me just because of my curiosity?

No one said that




"The human mind is not capable of grasping the Universe. We are like a little child entering a huge library. The walls are covered to the ceilings with books in many different tongues. The child knows that someone must have written these books. It does not know who or how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. But the child notes a definite plan in the arrangement of the books—-a mysterious order which it does not comprehend, but only dimly suspects."


So why do you think that people who suspect a different plan are close-minded?


No one said that


You stick to your science and facts. Doesn't mean I don't see it in that angle either, but doesn't mean I don't see it about 100 different angles and other ways then in which you won't let your mind explore.


Why do you assume that his mind did not see those 100 different angles also?



Don't demean my beliefs, because I haven't once did that to yours.


Then why do you accuse people who don't hold your beliefs as being closed-minded?


Never said that

Posted 2/7/13 , edited 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:

It makes me sad that I don't believe in the Christian religion anymore,
since I grew up on it and went to catechism.
You'd have to be real ignorant to abide by one religion and one way of living
just in fear that your "God" will strike down upon you.
When did I draw the line? I started reading up on different religions,
they all made sense in a way, and they all had flaws and I felt a strong conviction about them.
I believe in certain things that I have seen with my own eyes or experienced.
Most of all science really opened my eyes to possibilities.

What makes the non-believers and believers different?
When you say believer I think, someone who does not believe in any possible spiritual existence.

A believer
Someone with an open mind
Came to the conclusion that science alone could not have been the only factor.
A spiritual person.

A non-believer
Sides with science.
Nothing happens after death,
A closed mind.

Everything has a little truth in it. You just have to find your own.





Yes, you did say that.
Posted 2/7/13
Correction: You are judging mean off of one statement that you didn't agree with. So now you are willing to twist my words in a frenzy to get the answers you want. Instead of seeking help from a mental therapist.
Posted 2/7/13 , edited 2/7/13
You're no longer making sense, so I leave you with a great quote by an awesome dude.

Posted 2/7/13
I wasn't justifying myself when I quoted Einstein.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:




No one said that


Then why do you ask me to go away and accuse me of disagreeing with your beliefs?







No one said that


No, you definitely implied this when you claimed that people who are non-believers are closed-minded.






Never said that


No, you said this when you claimed that non-believers are closed-minded.
Posted 2/7/13

lordseth23 wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:




No one said that


Then why do you ask me to go away and accuse me of disagreeing with your beliefs?







No one said that


No, you definitely implied this when you claimed that people who are non-believers are closed-minded.






Never said that


No, you said this when you claimed that non-believers are closed-minded.



Lol you changed the quotations on me, good one.
Posted 2/7/13
I'm confused now so I'll leave this message



I love people.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:

Correction: You are judging mean off of one statement that you didn't agree with. So now you are willing to twist my words in a frenzy to get the answers you want. Instead of seeking help from a mental therapist.


What makes you think he was judging you?
How is he twisting your words?




Nyuboom wrote:

Einstein didn't say that. I was pointing something else out. You just didn't want to see that. You just wanted to continue arguing with me.


So you admit to false attribution?
Why should you expect anyone to take you seriously if this is the case?




Nyuboom wrote:

I wasn't justifying myself when I quoted Einstein.


Then what made you put up the quotes in the first place?




Nyuboom wrote:

Then don't get pissed off when I call you close-minded.


What makes you think that somebody is pissed off?
Why do you accuse people of being closed-minded?
Posted 2/7/13
I like chocolate milk
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/7/13

Nyuboom wrote:


Lol you changed the quotations on me, good one.


How did I change the quotations on you?




Nyuboom wrote:

I'm confused now so I'll leave this message



I love people.


What are you confused about?
Why do you claim to love people when you accuse them of being closed-minded?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.