First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
Post Reply What do you guys prefer Dub or Sub?
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/4/13



Would you like me to continue?


lol no its cool xD
but I have to disagree... you think dub Naruto is acceptable? In what country?! It's ridiculous.
And you didn't even list Black Butler? That is one of the few i accept in english
hmm_4x 
24519 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / TX
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

Ink-e wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Sure. Off the top of my head:

5 Centimeters Per Second
Baccano!
Casshern Sins
Cowboy Bebop
Darker Than Black
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Fairy Tail
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gantz
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of the Fireflie
Gundam
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing
K-On!
Last Exile
Noir
Princess Jellyfish
Sailor Moon
Serial Experiments Lain
Shiki
Soul Eater
Spice and Wolf
Steins;Gate
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The World God Only Knows
Welcome to the NHK


Would you like me to continue?


I removed the ones with not-so-good dubs for you.



I agree with this list much more
3044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Vancouver, WA. wi...
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13
Subs . . . most dubs are adequate at best... Some are good fewer are really good, and a tiny handful are actually better than the original Japanese version.

I may have replied to this already...
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

hmm_4x wrote:


Ink-e wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Sure. Off the top of my head:

5 Centimeters Per Second
Baccano!
Casshern Sins
Cowboy Bebop
Darker Than Black
Deadman Wonderland
Death Note
Elfen Lied
Fairy Tail
FLCL
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gantz
Ghost in the Shell
Grave of the Fireflie
Gundam
Gurren Lagann
Hellsing
K-On!
Last Exile
Noir
Princess Jellyfish
Sailor Moon
Serial Experiments Lain
Shiki
Soul Eater
Spice and Wolf
Steins;Gate
Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
The World God Only Knows
Welcome to the NHK


Would you like me to continue?


I removed the ones with not-so-good dubs for you.



I agree with this list much more


My god... you left off Evangelion and Texhnolyze. You bastard! The others I can forgive (not really, actually, I just only noticed that Evangelion and Texhnolyze were missing first). All the shows I listed had great dubs, and I bet you two haven't seen half of them.
Posted 5/4/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


My god... you left off Evangelion and Texhnolyze. You bastard! The others I can forgive (not really, actually, I just only noticed that Evangelion and Texhnolyze were missing first). All the shows I listed had great dubs, and I bet you two haven't seen half of them.


I love Eva. Shinji's voice in the dubs killed me though. Texhnolyze's Japanese voice actors were a lot better. I've only been 'seriously' into anime for about a year, so I'm not going to even try to claim I've seen all the ones you listed.
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

Ink-e wrote:

I love Eva. Shinji's voice in the dubs killed me though. Texhnolyze's Japanese voice actors were a lot better. I've only been 'seriously' into anime for about a year, so I'm not going to even try to claim I've seen all the ones you listed.


Spike Spencer (voice of Shinji) is great in the Rebuild films, so try those. Texhnolyze's dub was the same as the Japanese, they showed just as emotion as the Japanese cast without a doubt. Just because you didn't like the voices doesn't mean it's a bad dub in any way.

To elaborate on Evangelion - the way they had to dub it was they had to wait for Japan to get them the footage (2 episodes per whatever their agreement). Thus, they didn't know what was going to happen the next episodes and had to go with the footage they were given in that time. Of course, as the series progressed they got a better idea of the next episodes and the voice acting greatly improved (they didn't even know much about the show going into in the first place). Question: do you dislike the dub just because of one voice actor's voice (which, arguably, fits quite well)?

Also, if you were to have seen at least half of the shows I've seen on that list yours would be a lot bigger. Trust me on that. Examples include: Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Canaan, Pani Poni Dash, Phantom Requiem for the Phantom, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shigurui Death Frenzy, Texhnolyze, Evangelion, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl, Monster, Moribito, Excel Saga, School Rumble, Blood+, Tiger&Bunny, RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne, Gasaraki, Murder Princess, etc - I'll just say all of them at this point.

@hmm_4x:

No offense, but your reason for disliking dubs is childish and stupid. End of story.



Posted 5/4/13 , edited 5/4/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


Ink-e wrote:

I love Eva. Shinji's voice in the dubs killed me though. Texhnolyze's Japanese voice actors were a lot better. I've only been 'seriously' into anime for about a year, so I'm not going to even try to claim I've seen all the ones you listed.


Spike Spencer (voice of Shinji) is great in the Rebuild films, so try those. Texhnolyze's dub was the same as the Japanese, they showed just as emotion as the Japanese cast without a doubt.

To elaborate on Evangelion - the way they had to dub it was they had to wait for Japan to get them the footage (2 episodes per whatever their agreement). Thus, they didn't know what was going to happen the next episodes and had to go with the footage they were given in that time. Of course, as the series progressed they got a better idea of the next episodes and the voice acting greatly improved (they didn't even know much about the show going into in the first place). Question: do you dislike the dub just because of one voice actor's voice (which, arguably, fits quite well)?

Also, if you were to have seen at least half of the shows I've seen on that list yours would be a lot bigger.


I have the first two rebuild films, I'll try and get around to watching them again with dubs. Personally just didn't like Texhnolyze's dubs. Opinions are opinions.

I did not know that about the original Eva series. Come to think of it, though, it did seem to get better as it moved along. It wasn't just Shinji's voice, I also wasn't particularly fond of Misato's or Rei's, either. Shinji's was just the one I remembered getting annoyed by the most throughout the show. Gendo's and Asuka's voice actors were fantastic.
12718 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / SRF-003 Calnus
Offline
Posted 5/4/13
i like both but i like sub more sometimes the dub can be really bad
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/4/13

Ink-e wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


Ink-e wrote:

I love Eva. Shinji's voice in the dubs killed me though. Texhnolyze's Japanese voice actors were a lot better. I've only been 'seriously' into anime for about a year, so I'm not going to even try to claim I've seen all the ones you listed.


Spike Spencer (voice of Shinji) is great in the Rebuild films, so try those. Texhnolyze's dub was the same as the Japanese, they showed just as emotion as the Japanese cast without a doubt.

To elaborate on Evangelion - the way they had to dub it was they had to wait for Japan to get them the footage (2 episodes per whatever their agreement). Thus, they didn't know what was going to happen the next episodes and had to go with the footage they were given in that time. Of course, as the series progressed they got a better idea of the next episodes and the voice acting greatly improved (they didn't even know much about the show going into in the first place). Question: do you dislike the dub just because of one voice actor's voice (which, arguably, fits quite well)?

Also, if you were to have seen at least half of the shows I've seen on that list yours would be a lot bigger.


I have the first two rebuild films, I'll try and get around to watching them again with dubs. Personally just didn't like Texhnolyze's dubs. Opinions are opinions.

I did not know that about the original Eva series. Come to think of it, though, it did seem to get better as it moved along. It wasn't just Shinji's voice, I also wasn't particularly fond of Misato's or Rei's, either. Shinji's was just the one I remembered getting annoyed by the most throughout the show. Gendo's and Asuka's voice actors were fantastic.


Regardless, Texhnolyze's dub if it had a grade would be an A. No question. It doesn't matter if you dislike or like it, it fits perfectly.

Rei has a new voice actress in Rebuild: Brina Palencia. Gendo's voice actor in Rebuild is John Swasey. Both are great. Everyone from the main cast besides those two (Shinji, Misato, Asuka) have the same VAs. Colleen Clinkenbeard is Ritsuko. The Rebuild films won't disappoint you.

Yes, opinions are opinions sadly.

26251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / the D.C. area
Offline
Posted 5/4/13
I usually go for dub only because I get tired of shifting my focus back and forth on subs. I guess old guys aren't always good at multi-tasking. I do usually go back and watch again in Japanese, if it was good.
486 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 5/4/13
Typically, I prefer a sub more (and that's for any movie or show and its respective culture). I think the original voices from that culture convey the message and feelings much better and in their most organic form. When you start dubbing things, the little subtleties of the culture get washed out a lot of the time.
413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 5/4/13
Real men (and women...) watch sub!
49152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 5/5/13

lordcanti666 wrote:

Real men (and women...) watch sub!


Real men and women watch what they want to watch. End of story
335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / ゜。゜ Somewhere on...
Offline
Posted 5/5/13
Sub-- but there are some exceptions:
- OHSHC (pretty decent dub)
- Madoka Magica (yes, I found it good- I don't know why others found it bad, honestly)
- K-On! (next to perfect)
- Pokemon (well, used to be- but not anymore with the new Pokemon)

And that's about it. I watch a lot of subbed anime, so I can't really say anything else about the dubs I found good.
Posted 5/5/13
Personally like dubs more. Subs are fine too, I just like dubs.
First  Prev  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.