First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
Post Reply What Anime Character is better dubbed?
30393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Livingston, Louis...
Offline
Posted 8/26/13 , edited 8/26/13
Mostly a sub guy here. But, a few I can think of...

Soul from Soul Eater and Death the Kid. Dubbed, for me, is better. Death's VA does his OCD so goddam well, it isn't right. And Soul? "Anyone wanna take the sexy kitty home, yeah she's free."

The gay-sounding scientist from Gurren Lagann. I can be fairly sure his VA was Steve Blum, and I like almost all of the dubs Steve Blum has done.

Johnny Yung Bosch (Hope I spelled it right), and Yuri Lowenthal for the most part. Except for Sasuke. His sub sounds more mentally unstable and psychotic than his dub does. Kinda fitting his character up until what recently started happening in the manga.
12378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Online
Posted 8/26/13 , edited 8/26/13
Ghost Stories as a whole was much better dubbed then subbed. I honestly love this anime they took at best a meh anime threw the scrip out and told the voice actors do what ever you like. They turned this into one of the most funny animes ever
17951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Online
Posted 8/26/13
I'm pretty sure it's generally accepted that Goku has a better English voice.

I think Spike as well.

9330 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Bleach characters
Dragonball characters
Clannad characters
Full metal alchemist BH characters

that is all
9535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Elrios, Sleepingw...
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Kyon from Haruhi

Orrrr basically anyone voiced by Crispin Freeman
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

superxanime wrote:

Kyon from Haruhi


You take that back right now.
9535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / M / Elrios, Sleepingw...
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

zipzo wrote:


superxanime wrote:

Kyon from Haruhi


You take that back right now.


Whhhhhyyyyyy?
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/26/13 , edited 8/26/13
Tomokazu Sugita's performance as Kyon is legendary, and just about irreplaceable. Overall I'm not even a fan of the series itself but even I can recognize that. I seriously feel really bad for you if you prefer the MOHS dub.

You might as well say Heath Ledger wasn't a good enough Joker.
1461 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / canada
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Goku. I can't stand his Japanese dub voice. i totally don't get why they used a 60 year old woman to portray Goku's voice.
18592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NI, UK
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

zipzo wrote:

Tomokazu Sugita's performance as Kyon is legendary, and just about irreplaceable. Overall I'm not even a fan of the series itself but even I can recognize that. I seriously feel really bad for you if you prefer the MOHS dub.

You might as well say Heath Ledger wasn't a good enough Joker.

That's funny you'd think from your reaction the previous poster said Tomokazu Sugita's performance was bad :/ If he prefers the dub to it so what? You prefer sub and no one is telling you your wrong because funnily enough that is how personal preference works, there is no right or wrong lol.


As for who I think is better dubbed well that is any character voiced by Aya Hirano. I personally have a really hard time listening to her so give me anyone else over her any day. Plenty of people seem to like Aya as a VA but I've never been able to tolerate her
13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

MacMeaties wrote:


zipzo wrote:

Tomokazu Sugita's performance as Kyon is legendary, and just about irreplaceable. Overall I'm not even a fan of the series itself but even I can recognize that. I seriously feel really bad for you if you prefer the MOHS dub.

You might as well say Heath Ledger wasn't a good enough Joker.

That's funny you'd think from your reaction the previous poster said Tomokazu Sugita's performance was bad :/ If he prefers the dub to it so what? You prefer sub and no one is telling you your wrong because funnily enough that is how personal preference works, there is no right or wrong lol.


As for who I think is better dubbed well that is any character voiced by Aya Hirano. I personally have a really hard time listening to her so give me anyone else over her any day. Plenty of people seem to like Aya as a VA but I've never been able to tolerate her


No you'd think from my reaction that I said his performance was irreplaceable. Which I did. It doesn't matter whether he thinks it was bad or not.

Unfortunately there is rarely a time where dubs manage to surpass or even match up in quality to their originals :|...that's just a fact of the english anime voice acting business and it not being even near close to the size that it is where these shows come from.
13631 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Kyou Fujibayashi (Clannad) - Dub

Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) - Sub

Lucy (Elfen Lied) - Dub
6109 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Miami
Offline
Posted 8/26/13
Everyone form the Black Lagoon dub.



Steve Blum as Spike and pretty much anything he touches.
Chispin Freeman as Alucard, Kyon and Haji.
JYB as Lelouch and Renton.
18592 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / NI, UK
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

zipzo wrote:No you'd think from my reaction that I said his performance was irreplaceable. Which I did. It doesn't matter whether he thinks it was bad or not.
Reread your comment, it does appear to be a personal attack. This isn't the type of reply you give simply to voice an opinion. This line especially, "I seriously feel really bad for you if you prefer the MOHS dub.", is little more than belittled someone else for their opinion. There simply is no other way to read this than it being derogatory.


As for your comment on the performance being "irreplaceable" that is just opinion, not factual. It may be the overwhelming majority opinion but is one none the less.

13460 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Under fire
Offline
Posted 8/26/13

MacMeaties wrote:


zipzo wrote:No you'd think from my reaction that I said his performance was irreplaceable. Which I did. It doesn't matter whether he thinks it was bad or not.
Reread your comment, it does appear to be a personal attack. This isn't the type of reply you give simply to voice an opinion. This line especially, "I seriously feel really bad for you if you prefer the MOHS dub.", is little more than belittled someone else for their opinion. There simply is no other way to read this than it being derogatory.


As for your comment on the performance being "irreplaceable" that is just opinion, not factual. It may be the overwhelming majority opinion but is one none the less.



I don't need to re-read it. I wrote it.

It wasn't a mistake. I still meant every word. I could say the fact you think it's derogatory is your opinion.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.