First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
non-romantic Anime with the main character being married?
kiyell 
21013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/11/13
I feel like anime in general doesn't usually have main characters that are already married in it. If romance is part of the story line then the story usually ends when the two characters finally get together/get married. Seems like the focus is never on a character that is already married dealing some other kind of conflict. Am I wrong about this? What do you guys think?
8379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / somewhere near my...
Offline
Posted 2/11/13
I do agree with you actually..... tbh.... i didn't notice until you talk about it that most/nearly all animes that i have watched are with characters that are in their young ages........ never actually seen animes with a married main character..... (don't really think that it would attract me to watch it tbh)........

but like you said.... they normally end with the two characters be together otherwise somehow.... it doesn't seems like the anime has ended.....
mipegg 
20404 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 2/11/13

special-secret wrote:

I do agree with you actually..... tbh.... i didn't notice until you talk about it that most/nearly all animes that i have watched are with characters that are in their young ages........ never actually seen animes with a married main character..... (don't really think that it would attract me to watch it tbh)........

but like you said.... they normally end with the two characters be together otherwise somehow.... it doesn't seems like the anime has ended.....


Natsuyuki Rendezvous has a widow as one of the 2 main characters, but other than that, yes, anime is plagued by highschool-itis. I just wish they would fuck off and give us more anime like Fate/Zero where the only school kid is a total unlovable pussy.
49478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/11/13

mipegg wrote:


special-secret wrote:

I do agree with you actually..... tbh.... i didn't notice until you talk about it that most/nearly all animes that i have watched are with characters that are in their young ages........ never actually seen animes with a married main character..... (don't really think that it would attract me to watch it tbh)........

but like you said.... they normally end with the two characters be together otherwise somehow.... it doesn't seems like the anime has ended.....


Natsuyuki Rendezvous has a widow as one of the 2 main characters, but other than that, yes, anime is plagued by highschool-itis. I just wish they would fuck off and give us more anime like Fate/Zero where the only school kid is a total unlovable pussy.


So, anime with more adult age characters? There's a lot of those if you look.
Posted 2/11/13
You are so right. I am dead sick of all the teeny anime around. There has to be more variety.

You know, if anyone knows a slice of life anime or manga about a married couple or married life, I'd be interested in watching and reading it. Young couple, old couple - doesn't matter. As long as they are not teens.
Posted 2/11/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


mipegg wrote:


special-secret wrote:

I do agree with you actually..... tbh.... i didn't notice until you talk about it that most/nearly all animes that i have watched are with characters that are in their young ages........ never actually seen animes with a married main character..... (don't really think that it would attract me to watch it tbh)........

but like you said.... they normally end with the two characters be together otherwise somehow.... it doesn't seems like the anime has ended.....


Natsuyuki Rendezvous has a widow as one of the 2 main characters, but other than that, yes, anime is plagued by highschool-itis. I just wish they would fuck off and give us more anime like Fate/Zero where the only school kid is a total unlovable pussy.


So, anime with more adult age characters? There's a lot of those if you look.


I think the other user meant main characters who are already adults and married.
49478 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/11/13

magicuser360 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


mipegg wrote:


special-secret wrote:

I do agree with you actually..... tbh.... i didn't notice until you talk about it that most/nearly all animes that i have watched are with characters that are in their young ages........ never actually seen animes with a married main character..... (don't really think that it would attract me to watch it tbh)........

but like you said.... they normally end with the two characters be together otherwise somehow.... it doesn't seems like the anime has ended.....


Natsuyuki Rendezvous has a widow as one of the 2 main characters, but other than that, yes, anime is plagued by highschool-itis. I just wish they would fuck off and give us more anime like Fate/Zero where the only school kid is a total unlovable pussy.


So, anime with more adult age characters? There's a lot of those if you look.


I think the other user meant main characters who are already adults and married.


Well, most seinen and josei titles are obvious candidates for less likelihood of teen protagonists.

2251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/12/13
Most anime is plagued with highschool stuff because, well, the Japanese culture in general seems to be obsessed with making an adventure or fantasy out of that otherwise completely mundane existence (which it probably is).

There are anime about adults, like Usagi Drop and Space Brothers, but none that I know of where the main character is already married. If there are, I imagine they are so obscure you don't hear about them. What needs to happen is some major studio make an anime about that sort of character - but first you have to have someone willing to write that type of story... Of course, that may mean finding an American or otherwise foreign screenwriter. lol
Posted 2/12/13 , edited 2/12/13
Goku was married in DBZ. Didn't have much impact on the plot. Only one I can think of
16080 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Maryland
Offline
Posted 2/12/13
Hentai has lots of those. lol
18774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 2/12/13
You know, now that you mention it I really can't think of a single anime off the top of my head with a married protagonist; Romance excluded. Not even just because a lot of anime is centered around teens, either. I actually think it's prevalent in a lot of stories, like I could name more stories with side characters married or getting married in non-romantic stories than protagonist. Actually, if anything, usually the protagonist has a dead spouse as opposed to a living on.
That's awful, we need some more married protagonist. u:
The Wise Wizard
77925 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Online
Posted 2/12/13

MountainMew wrote:

You know, now that you mention it I really can't think of a single anime off the top of my head with a married protagonist; Romance excluded.

I don't think Godannar would be considered romance. Certainly DBZ (mentioned above) wouldn't be.

33888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Where you are.
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


MountainMew wrote:

You know, now that you mention it I really can't think of a single anime off the top of my head with a married protagonist; Romance excluded.

I don't think Godannar would be considered romance. Certainly DBZ (mentioned above) wouldn't be.



Haha Goku loves his food. I see a lot of romance in his eyes.
16111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway, Oslo
Offline
Posted 2/13/13
Depends though. Do you still want it to revolve around him, his wife and his married life just not in a romantic way? If thats the case i cant think of anyone.
33484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Online
Posted 2/13/13
Dragon Ball Z. Fate/Zero. Paranoia Agent. These are the only ones I can think of right now with a main character who's married, though Fate/Zero is the only one of these where both the husband and the wife are main characters.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.