Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Does Marijuana Make You Violent?
Posted 2/13/13

lordseth23 wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:


you see, I can find hundreds of thousands of documents which negate silly propaganda sites where families blame a herb for violence. how about finding out yourself? why do you have to listen to bullshit? it's does minute damage to the body if you smoke it in large quantities and have become attached to smoking it. I smoke it once or twice a week and I'm healthier than I was watching shit loads of tv and eating genetically modified foods. If you already have a healthy lifestyle weed only benefits you.


Prove that my sources are bullshit.


no my friend, you have to prove them right since you started the argument, you have to convince me that what you say is true. and why do you trust them when they're so obviously fabricated nonsense. One of them wasn't even a study is was just idiots blaming their bad lives on something.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/13/13 , edited 2/13/13

AruarianDance wrote:



no my friend, you have to prove them right since you started the argument, you have to convince me that what you say is true. and why do you trust them when they're so obviously fabricated nonsense. One of them wasn't even a study is was just idiots blaming their bad lives on something.


Sorry, that is not proof that I am wrong. If you would just cite sources, like lainfixie did, I would be much more inclined to believe you.
28126 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

lordseth23 wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:



no my friend, you have to prove them right since you started the argument, you have to convince me that what you say is true. and why do you trust them when they're so obviously fabricated nonsense. One of them wasn't even a study is was just idiots blaming their bad lives on something.


Sorry, that is not proof that I am wrong. If you would just cite sources, like lainfixie did, I would be much more inclined to believe you.


Quick question, have you ever tried it? I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm going to assume you haven't and you are blindly trusting what you read. If that is the case I can sell you the secret miracle to make you happy in life for only your credit card number, social security number, and date of birth.
Posted 2/13/13 , edited 2/13/13



Sorry, that is not proof that I am wrong. If you would just cite sources, like lainfixie did, I would be much more inclined to believe you.


I cited credible sources that refute all of your OP post claims, and all you do is send me a message about "stretching".
Failure.






LordSeth23, please stop sending me inbox messages!!!.

"From: lordseth23 To: Iainfixie

lol at your post. Stretching quite a bit, aren't we?"


From: lordseth23 To: Iainfixie

Explain to me how any of your sources prove that cannibus does not cause changes in mood that lead to anger.

> I have no idea what you mean, and I'd appreciate if you kept all interaction with me inside of the forum threads.
>
> > lol at your post. Stretching quite a bit, aren't we?


Stop messaging me outside of the thread. My sources are posted there, and I've bolded the text that proves my points.

Italic text is mine.
Posted 2/13/13

lordseth23 wrote:


AruarianDance wrote:



no my friend, you have to prove them right since you started the argument, you have to convince me that what you say is true. and why do you trust them when they're so obviously fabricated nonsense. One of them wasn't even a study is was just idiots blaming their bad lives on something.


Sorry, that is not proof that I am wrong. If you would just cite sources, like lainfixie did, I would be much more inclined to believe you.


why don't you just save me some time and search it yourself? take a look at the history and the problems in incarcerating users. why it was banned, common myths and the fake drug war.

Posted 2/13/13 , edited 2/13/13
Lordseth23: http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/GOVPUBS/psycviol.htm

* Marijuana does not cause violence.

Some people who support prohibition claim that marijuana itself causes violence. This was one of the original claims used to justify making marijuana illegal, but this claim is false. In fact, people who are high on marijuana tend to be relaxed, mellow, and too happy to want to fight. See "Psychoactive Substances and Violence" by Jeffrey A. Roth. In a report for the US Department of Justice, Roth noted that, rather than causing violence, marijuana actually "temporarily inhibit[s] violent behavior."

Link goes to the report in italics. Marijuana does NOT cause violent or aggressive behavior.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/13/13 , edited 2/13/13

Iainfixie wrote:


1. http://www.benefitsofmarijuana.com/benefits.php |Outlining physical, and psychological benefits of the use of Marijuana.


2, http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/health/marijuana-research-roundup | The high's and Low's of marijuana use (not once is "violence, aggression or negative behavior mentioned")


3. http://www.businessinsider.com/health-benefits-of-medical-marijuana-2012-11?op=1 | Health Benefits of medical marijuana (Once again, no mention of violence, aggression, or other nonsense.)


There you go Seth, I just posted credible sources and cited my claims properly. The above three links are from separate sources, each with their own viewpoint on it.

Also adding: http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/aggression.htm - "In general, after using marijuana a person experiences a sedating effect, which makes the drug less likely to cause violence in users than other substances such as alcohol and stimulants"


"Studies show that violence can occur more often among people who use marijuana regularly, rather than those who use it occasionally or not at all. It is unclear why this is the case, but it may be because people with violent tendencies can also have a range of other psychosocial problems and are therefore more likely to use marijuana."


So if someone is violent and then uses pot, it's the weed's fault right?



Edit: What's funny is that Lordseth23 probably won't even read this, and if he does he will quickly explain that my sources are liars and drug pushers or some psycho babble bullshit.


1. Assuming that this is a credible source, there is no mention of how marijuana does not cause mood swings leading to anger, so it does not disprove my theory.

2. This is a news article about the recent legalization of marijuana, and only briefly mentions the most commonly known side-effects of marijuana. Because it does not say anything about how marijuana does not cause anger, it does not disprove my theory.

3. Again, this source only talks about the benefits of marijuana. Since it does not claim that marijuana does not lead to anger, it does not disprove my theory.

4. Your quote never claimed that marijuana does not cause violence (notice how it says "less likely", which means that it does cause violence, just not as much as alcohol and stimulants do), so it doesn't disprove my theory.

5. Your last quote makes it unclear why this is the case, so it is not disproving my theory in any way, it just suggesting why it might be wrong. This suggestion has no empirical evidence backing it, so you cannot claim that it is proof that my theory is wrong.

Please cite a credible source that actually disproves my theory.



Some people who support prohibition claim that marijuana itself causes violence. This was one of the original claims used to justify making marijuana illegal, but this claim is false. In fact, people who are high on marijuana tend to be relaxed, mellow, and too happy to want to fight. See "Psychoactive Substances and Violence" by Jeffrey A. Roth. In a report for the US Department of Justice, Roth noted that, rather than causing violence, marijuana actually "temporarily inhibit[s] violent behavior."


Sorry, but you can't assume that the word "inhibit" means that it eliminates the violent behavior completely, it could just mean that it is suppressing it. The anger still exists, regardless of whether it is suppressed or not.

Please find another source.
Moderator XIV
63315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

Iainfixie

Link goes to the report in italics. Marijuana does NOT cause violent or aggressive behavior.


Please don't post pictures with profanity in them. Your point was made just fine with the body of the text itself.
Posted 2/13/13



Please cite a credible source that actually disproves my theory.


Read my post above yours, go ahead.
You're wrong in your "theory" because you just recently read it on the internet.
I also ask again, that you cease sending me private messages.
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/13/13 , edited 2/13/13

Iainfixie wrote:




Please cite a credible source that actually disproves my theory.


Read my post above yours, go ahead.
You're wrong in your "theory" because you just recently read it on the internet.
I also ask again, that you cease sending me private messages.


I just did, you are basing your entire rebuttal on the assumed definition of a word in one specific context. Please provide further evidence for what this doctor meant by "inhibit".
Posted 2/13/13




I just did, you are basing your entire rebuttal on the assumed definition of a word in one specific context. Please provide further evidence for what this doctor meant by "inhibit".


I assume you're just trolling for attention now. As I've posted numerous facts and sources, and yet you're still clinging to your idiotic "theory".

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/GOVPUBS/psycviol.htm

For peer review and MORE sources from other doctors and researchers supporting Dr. Roth, please read the NOTES section of the linked article.

Also, once again. PLEASE STOP SENDING ME INBOX MESSAGES, Do it again and I will file complaint with the moderation staff against you.
aaronu 
22178 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/13
Does it matter. If you Dont smoke it for medicnal use then dont smoke it period. Not even tabboco. Remain healty!
27425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

Iainfixie wrote:



I assume you're just trolling for attention now. As I've posted numerous facts and sources, and yet you're still clinging to your idiotic "theory".

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/GOVPUBS/psycviol.htm

For peer review and MORE sources from other doctors and researchers supporting Dr. Roth, please read the NOTES section of the linked article.

Also, once again. PLEASE STOP SENDING ME INBOX MESSAGES, Do it again and I will file complaint with the moderation staff against you.


What numerous facts and sources have you posted?
9739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Nevada
Offline
Posted 2/13/13

Iainfixie wrote:





I just did, you are basing your entire rebuttal on the assumed definition of a word in one specific context. Please provide further evidence for what this doctor meant by "inhibit".


I assume you're just trolling for attention now. As I've posted numerous facts and sources, and yet you're still clinging to your idiotic "theory".

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/GOVPUBS/psycviol.htm

For peer review and MORE sources from other doctors and researchers supporting Dr. Roth, please read the NOTES section of the linked article.

Also, once again. PLEASE STOP SENDING ME INBOX MESSAGES, Do it again and I will file complaint with the moderation staff against you.


guys relax it's the marijuana

Posted 2/13/13



What numerous facts and sources have you posted?


A lot more than the alarmist nonsense you've posted, but whatever dude. I'm done arguing with you, you are probably the most pathetic kid I've ever seen on a forum. You refute everything because apparently you're "always right".

Leave me alone, don't send me ANY more inbox messages (as I've asked you 3-4 times now to stop) and continue to believe in lies and BS, see how far in life that gets you, you complete and utter sperg.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.