First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Your Hip Hop Life
8233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:

Peep Homeboy Sandman - First of a Living Breed. Extra fresh.



Homeboy Sandman is mad underrated, definitely one of the most creative emcees right now. I'm glad he's getting some recognition this year even if it's just a little.
Moderator
70313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

OneBeLo wrote:


moneygrip3030 wrote:

Peep Homeboy Sandman - First of a Living Breed. Extra fresh.



Homeboy Sandman is mad underrated, definitely one of the most creative emcees right now. I'm glad he's getting some recognition this year even if it's just a little.


He's been getting a decent amount of exposure lately it seems like. Which is well deserved. Your profile pic is awesome btw...
Member
36210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13
It all started when I would go to my mom's work when I was a kid. There were two older guys that I looked up to and they both had this sticker on their cars that appealed to me simply because it looked cool, it was a W. So one day I went on a delivery with one of them and they played Wu-Tang Clan for me, it was game over.

I had a friend that listened to a lot of hip hop and he began influencing me with other artists, biggie, pac, eazy e, de la soul, tribe, etc..

The computer era came and I found out the internet was a source of music and so I began digging, finding old school hip hop and new stuff too. So I guess I'm a bit 'young' because I never really copped CD's, tapes, or Vinyls at all, but my 13,000 library of songs in my iPod has been expanding ever since I got my first iPod in 2003 and my love for hip hop hasn't stopped.

I currently listen to a lot of underground hip hop that I come across on the net or youtube, some prime examples...

Top 5 (newer) Albums
Nieve - Playback
Homebrew - Homebrew
Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter
Bambu - Exact Change Reloaded
MC Melodee x Cookin' Soul - Check out Melodee

Glad to be here.
Member
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/21/13 , edited 2/21/13
I cant really remember how I got into hip-hop. Its been a part of my life since I was able to understand what I was hearing. Some of my favorites from back in the day were LL Cool J, Digital Underground, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim, and Heavy D. I can vaguely remember nodding my head to rock the bells as a baby.
Moderator
70313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

spensaur wrote:

It all started when I would go to my mom's work when I was a kid. There were two older guys that I looked up to and they both had this sticker on their cars that appealed to me simply because it looked cool, it was a W. So one day I went on a delivery with one of them and they played Wu-Tang Clan for me, it was game over.

I had a friend that listened to a lot of hip hop and he began influencing me with other artists, biggie, pac, eazy e, de la soul, tribe, etc..

The computer era came and I found out the internet was a source of music and so I began digging, finding old school hip hop and new stuff too. So I guess I'm a bit 'young' because I never really copped CD's, tapes, or Vinyls at all, but my 13,000 library of songs in my iPod has been expanding ever since I got my first iPod in 2003 and my love for hip hop hasn't stopped.

I currently listen to a lot of underground hip hop that I come across on the net or youtube, some prime examples...

Top 5 (newer) Albums
Nieve - Playback
Homebrew - Homebrew
Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter
Bambu - Exact Change Reloaded
MC Melodee x Cookin' Soul - Check out Melodee

Glad to be here.


Is it just me or does Action Bronson sound a lot like Ghostface?
Member
36210 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Cloud 9.
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:


spensaur wrote:

It all started when I would go to my mom's work when I was a kid. There were two older guys that I looked up to and they both had this sticker on their cars that appealed to me simply because it looked cool, it was a W. So one day I went on a delivery with one of them and they played Wu-Tang Clan for me, it was game over.

I had a friend that listened to a lot of hip hop and he began influencing me with other artists, biggie, pac, eazy e, de la soul, tribe, etc..

The computer era came and I found out the internet was a source of music and so I began digging, finding old school hip hop and new stuff too. So I guess I'm a bit 'young' because I never really copped CD's, tapes, or Vinyls at all, but my 13,000 library of songs in my iPod has been expanding ever since I got my first iPod in 2003 and my love for hip hop hasn't stopped.

I currently listen to a lot of underground hip hop that I come across on the net or youtube, some prime examples...

Top 5 (newer) Albums
Nieve - Playback
Homebrew - Homebrew
Action Bronson - Dr. Lecter
Bambu - Exact Change Reloaded
MC Melodee x Cookin' Soul - Check out Melodee

Glad to be here.


Is it just me or does Action Bronson sound a lot like Ghostface?


I agree that his style and flow are similar and at first I didnt care for him because I felt he was biting Ghostface but his personality and lyrics set him apart from being another Ghostface wannabe. Bronson has said before, hes not doing anyrhing new, its just different.
Posted 2/22/13
anyone in to Tonedeff?
Moderator
70313 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 2/24/13
3 DJ's: Dj Food, DJ Moneyshot, and DJ Cheeba 6 turntables recreating Paul’s Boutique with the original records. Fucking stupid mad dope:

https://soundcloud.com/strictly/caught-in-the-middle-of-a-3

enjoy my friend!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.