First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Being topless in public
13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 2/16/13

mhibicke wrote:


DetectiveAlex wrote:

I agree with you, but lets be honest for a second. Do people treat breasts like they're not sexual, err, don't want to say objects but it's the best word I can find. Say woman were allowed to walk around topless as men are. Can we honestly say that we'd get no negative ramifications?


In some places women aren't allowed to show their hair in public because it is considered sexy and immodest, but that doesn't make their scalps sex organs. The fact is that in many places in the US women ARE legally allowed to walk around as topless as men do, and yet we rarely see hordes of women getting their tits out to cause traffic jams and other civil disruptions. We don't wrap up our girls because we are made to, but because it's easier for us, so what's the point of making it illegal?

This stupid law is all about "cleaning up" the strip joints. I say leave the pole dancers alone! Not only does pasty tape look bad, but it tears the top layer of skin off your nipples and leaves them chapped and rough. After putting in a full 40 hour week, their nipples can even scab and peel. That's just a mean thing to do to a girl.


I agree with everything, but what I made bold had me laughing so hard (cause it's funny how you put it yet very true).

1.) Breasts are not sexual organs, the person who said that really needs a biology class. It's this kind of misinformation that causes serious issues.

2.) Many of you say it would cause you to be uncomfortable - that's because society brain washed you into feeling ashamed/embarrassed about a natural part of the body. There are many places in Europe (not just America) in which this is a normal thing to be topless. Breasts are just breasts, they earn less notice because they're out there.

If breasts / being topless were an every day occurrence I guarantee you wouldn't think twice about seeing a group of women walking topless down the street. You wouldn't think past "She's cute, she's hot, meh, I don't like blondes, oh look she has nice shoes, etc." the same you most likely do now. Society told you being topless is wrong so now you believe it to be true.

I'm going to say even I have that issue - I don't feel like I could run around topless because I'd be embarrassed....not even cause it's wrong but because society told me it's wrong and I should be ashamed. Which in thought isn't a good enough reason really.

I'll end with the fact that I'm seeing so many skimpy outfits on 15 year olds these days that eventually nude will be the fashion anyway.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
Ahh yes, the dreaded nipple exposure. This is clearly a crime and needs immediate attention before a nipple exposure epidemic breaks out.
F8less 
24480 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / The Alpha World Line
Offline
Posted 2/16/13

Zachman wrote:

As a guy, I totally have to be against this kind of ridiculous shit.

Boobs never killed anyone. I swear, news like this ought to provoke more negativity out of people than positivity. People shouldn't be so high and mighty about shit like this. This is why our country is in such a shithole right now. We're worrying about trivial matters such as this rather than focusing on issues like say...The loopholes in immigration, the countless debt we are in, ya know, the big stuff. Not whether or not a woman possesses the right to flip a nip out in the middle of a crowd.

Amazing...



GayAsianBoy wrote:

Nay obviously.

This issue is so miniscule compared to other important issues in society. So it has come to the point where people have nothing to do it seems.



CLarose wrote:

Why should people look at the human body or the natural act of sexual intercourse as if its some shameful thing?


I could probably write an essay on my opinion of this, but I'll simplify it. I agree with these people
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
There is nothing wrong with walking around naked. If people weren't immature, we wouldn't have these kinds of laws.
25729 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 2/16/13 , edited 2/20/13

Lisu wrote:
... I don't feel like I could run around topless because I'd be embarrassed....

I'll consider running around topless if I can figure out a way to simultaneously hide my muffin top.
When I was younger I got my tits out whenever I felt like it, and I never killed anyone or stopped traffic. I did make a lot of friends for some reason.
But... I'm not 18 anymore and I don't need new friends, so I am more selfish with the chichis these days. But what I really don't get is why anyone would think that covering nipples would somehow make getting your tits out less immodest. I mean, if a chick takes her shirt off and she has the jolly roger covering her nipples, does that somehow mean she will get less attention than if she shows a little pink?

[image removed]

Make sure the images you post on CR is in accordance with the rules


Edit: So... after reading the rules I'm not sure how a picture of a chick wearing jolly rogers glued to her breasts instead of a bikini top is a violation, but I assume that it was reported as offensive by someone and then removed according to rule #3, which I've quoted in blue.
3. Adult content of any kind has no place in the forums. This includes avatars, user profiles, photos, forum threads & groups.This content will be deleted and can result in account deletion as well.
If this entire thread is debating whether or not NC should be limiting public exposure to the extent of the picture that was removed, then can the picture really be considered adult? I mean, if the picture is already more conservative than legally allowable on any public playground, how am I in the wrong for using it as an example in the thread titled "Being topless in public"?
Which of course is my initial point, which is that this law is clearly aimed at the adult industry, which is definitively "adult". Nobody goes into a topless bar and is surprised or offended when the dancers take their tops off, and children aren't allowed. Let the tatas get a little air for crying out loud!
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
I have a sneaking suspicion that you should probably remove that pic.
13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
I would laugh if that picture got removed because the girl is 100% perfectly covered up. Nothing "illegal" showing.

I like this quote here:


The proposed legislation, House Bill 34, would make it a Class H felony to expose "external organs of sex and of excretion, including the nipple, or any portion of the areola, of the human female breast."


Specfically singling women out...men can excrete from their nipples too you know.

While we're at it!

27003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / your mind
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
I walk around topless all the time, whats the big deal?
440 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Ogden, Utah
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
Eh, I don't really care.
17824 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
Wow, got a lot of hate for that post. Instead of responding individually, I'll just post again.

You guys are missing the picture from my post, big time. First of all, when you say this is a bad law because we should be doing other things: that is completely irrelevant. Other laws are important as well, but this is a single law we're talking about the merits of, not others.

Secondly, I never said sex was a shameful act, and accusing me of such merely proves you have no valid point. Covering yourself is public decency, sex is meant for reproduction and for intimacy (which I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for despite being true). Why else would we make porn sites illegal for people under 18? Forget porn sites, we'd be letting them have it in public.

Desensitized refers to when people become used to the human body. I'm not saying the body is bad, merely this: which would be more special: you having sex for the first time with your wife/girlfriend or for the who-knows-how manyth time with her after having grown up in an environment full of walking breasts and vaginae? Sex is an act of intimacy and should not be taken lightly. If you want to argue with me, fine. I've said all I need to.
18403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / with Ashy Larry r...
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
I expose my nipples EVERYDAY!!! FOR 'MERICA!! FOR FREEDOM!! FOR THE LADIES!!! gots to let my nips be free.
13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 2/16/13
Perhaps if we weren't so intrigued with whats going on under the clothing we'd focus more on the love aspect of a person rather than getting in their pants.

Perhaps if we actually bothered to educate children about sex they wouldn't end up pregnant at 14.

If we were desensitized to nudity and it made love less special than we really ought to reconsider what love is supposed to be.

We're animals, we come into the world naked. We shamed ourselves into believing we're not good enough as ourselves so we try to cover it up.

Really this whole topic is about perspective and people forcing opinions on one another.
30425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Hughesville, Penn...
Offline
Posted 2/16/13 , edited 2/16/13

cheapshotfail wrote:


Desensitized refers to when people become used to the human body. I'm not saying the body is bad, merely this: which would be more special: you having sex for the first time with your wife/girlfriend or for the who-knows-how manyth time with her after having grown up in an environment full of walking breasts and vaginae? Sex is an act of intimacy and should not be taken lightly. If you want to argue with me, fine. I've said all I need to.


I completely agree with what you are saying, but honestly I don't think people in general are willing to make sex that special of an experience. If most people want to live in a hyper-sexualized society, I don't see anything wrong with removing laws that stand in the way of their fantasies.
49050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/16/13
It has been legal for women to be topless here for a few years now. You know what? The world did not end. It almost never happens anyways.
17774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 2/16/13

cheapshotfail wrote:

Secondly, I never said sex was a shameful act, and accusing me of such merely proves you have no valid point. Covering yourself is public decency, sex is meant for reproduction and for intimacy (which I'm sure I'll get a lot of hate for despite being true). Why else would we make porn sites illegal for people under 18? Forget porn sites, we'd be letting them have it in public.

Desensitized refers to when people become used to the human body. I'm not saying the body is bad, merely this: which would be more special: you having sex for the first time with your wife/girlfriend or for the who-knows-how manyth time with her after having grown up in an environment full of walking breasts and vaginae? Sex is an act of intimacy and should not be taken lightly. If you want to argue with me, fine. I've said all I need to.


It's only true to you, though. Sex has different meanings for different people, and none are more morally correct than the other. If people feel sex is simply for fun and nothing more, it's not incorrect. It's simply their view, and who is anyone to say that's wrong?
If people feel more comfortable nude, why should we send them to prison for it? People should not look at a nude body and immediately think to act on it for sex, I think desensitizing people to it is actually much safer. Do remember we're still living in a world were we blame girls for rape due to the way they dress rather than people for immediately acting on women for power. Nudity gives people a sense of comfort and safety, why is that wrong? Because it supposedly makes sex less intimate? Is there no better way to express love than sex?
I do not believe desensitizing people to the human body would make the act of sex any less intimate or meaningful, either. Many people have sex with numerous partners and still feel something very special with certain people. Seeing naked bodies would not make sex any less intimate.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.