First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Being topless in public
7199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

CLarose wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


CLarose wrote:


cheapshotfail wrote:

I thought public nudity was already illegal.

I support the idea, however there is a time and a place for everything. I don't have a problem with nude beaches, or breast feeding, but walking around topless isn't just affecting you, but everyone around you as well. If someone wants to do that in private or in a decent way, fine. People are already being desensitized to sex and the human body, the last thing we need is our children seeing oppai their whole lives.

For guys, it's a chest. For women, it's a sexual organ. Would you walk around bottomless?


You say that as if its a bad thing... Why should people look at the human body or the natural act of sexual intercourse as if its some shameful thing?



Sex and the human body are not shameful. That has nothing to do with saying they should be private.


So then why should nudity be private?

"If someone wants to do that in private or in a decent way, fine. People are already being desensitized to sex and the human body, the last thing we need is our children seeing oppai their whole lives."

These statements lead me to believe that this guy is saying that nakedness is not decent, or shameful and children being exposed to a naked human body is wrong in some way as if we as humans need to be sensitive about our natural behaviour. Whats really wrong is how people think sheilding children from reality is going to help them somehow. Its no wonder there are so many misinformed and uninformed people running around.


The human body is not shameful, but showing it can be, especially in our culture. Our culture sexualizes breasts. Exposing sexualized components in public is not proper for our society, because among other things, it devalues and desecrates sexuality.
7199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:

He's anti-woman. Typical Southern Republicant.

This taboo has to end.


You assume too much. Rayne Brown is female.


She's an anti-woman Aunt Jemima.

There are no girls on the Internet.


What does maple syrup have to do with this discussion?
nix96 
47444 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / Asheville , North...
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
Let me preface this by saying that I live in North Carolina and in Asheville, where the protest happened that was mentioned in the article. It's just my opinion, but much like other women's issues (you all know the ones I'm talking about), I believe that it's not my place to judge any woman on matters of morality. Consider for a moment if society looked down on men for being topless a the beach or shunned and harassed men for "sleeping around". The point is, that anytime someone starts legislating their personal / religious / political beliefs in an attempt force them onto others, makes me insanely P.O'd as well as question if these people truly believe in the rights and freedoms I and other Veterans, served to protect.
As many others have pointed out, this is an exercise in wasted time and resources. The mere fact that rep Rayne Brown believes herself to morally above others and holds an elected office bothers me even more. There are problems in our state that need to be addressed. Healthcare, education, homelessness, poverty, agriculture and brick and mortar businesses just to name a few. Each of these issues needs to be addressed in an adult way with a "solutions first" attitude. So when I see politicians playing at complete BS like this it ticks me off to no end.
For the record I'm a hetero male and veteran of our military. and honestly believe that there's nothing shameful about the human body. Shame, guilt and jealousy are all in the mind of the viewer. So to me if rep Brown has a problem, I would suggest two things. First, that it's her problem. That means means leave me and the laws of my government out of her insecurity and puritanical neurosis. Second, stop wasting my tax dollars on idiocy, when we have far more important issues to face both in North Carolina and the United States.

I know --- end rant here ;)

-Steve-
13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

mhibicke wrote:


Lisu wrote:

I would laugh if that picture got removed because the girl is 100% perfectly covered up. Nothing "illegal" showing.

Time to laugh. Removed and moderated. I commented in an edit, for all the good that will do.


Tis true. And my picture stayed. Sexist double standard, le sad. :/

And yet I've seen far worse (and more suggestive content) on some of Crunchyroll's shows. Wonder what happens when we link site content to the forums that equal the inappropriateness?
18774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17
Offline
Posted 2/20/13


Just because society says it's improper doesn't make it improper; society is ever changing, and just because it currently claims something to be "improper" doesn't mean we have to force others to do as they say, especially when what they say is neither truly improper nor hurting anyone.
Also, nudity doesn't devalue sex or desecrate sexuality, I don't know why so many people think this. It's not even a good defense against nudist.
22710 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / SoCal, HB
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
It doesn't bother me, I'm cool with it, just dun hate if I stare :p

women in other societies can do it, meh I say yay

as for kids growing up in an "environment" like that, they'll see it differently than we do
65265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / N.C.
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

CLarose wrote:


cheapshotfail wrote:

I thought public nudity was already illegal.

I support the idea, however there is a time and a place for everything. I don't have a problem with nude beaches, or breast feeding, but walking around topless isn't just affecting you, but everyone around you as well. If someone wants to do that in private or in a decent way, fine. People are already being desensitized to sex and the human body, the last thing we need is our children seeing oppai their whole lives.

For guys, it's a chest. For women, it's a sexual organ. Would you walk around bottomless?


You say that as if its a bad thing... Why should people look at the human body or the natural act of sexual intercourse as if its some shameful thing?


Blame religion. They don't like us appreciating the nasty...
26739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Urban South
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

Lisu wrote:

Tis true. And my picture stayed. Sexist double standard, le sad. :/

And yet I've seen far worse (and more suggestive content) on some of Crunchyroll's shows. Wonder what happens when we link site content to the forums that equal the inappropriateness?

I think someone may have complained about my picture. It was up for four days before it was considered inappropriate. Meh, whatever. I'm busy with other stuff. At least we still have the topless JD pic, right?
13499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / Philadelphia, PA
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

mhibicke wrote:


Lisu wrote:

Tis true. And my picture stayed. Sexist double standard, le sad. :/

And yet I've seen far worse (and more suggestive content) on some of Crunchyroll's shows. Wonder what happens when we link site content to the forums that equal the inappropriateness?

I think someone may have complained about my picture. It was up for four days before it was considered inappropriate. Meh, whatever. I'm busy with other stuff. At least we still have the topless JD pic, right?


Totally hawt JD topless pic.

And he went to the kid's ward with those naughty band aids on.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

moneygrip3030 wrote:


CLarose wrote:


cheapshotfail wrote:

I thought public nudity was already illegal.

I support the idea, however there is a time and a place for everything. I don't have a problem with nude beaches, or breast feeding, but walking around topless isn't just affecting you, but everyone around you as well. If someone wants to do that in private or in a decent way, fine. People are already being desensitized to sex and the human body, the last thing we need is our children seeing oppai their whole lives.

For guys, it's a chest. For women, it's a sexual organ. Would you walk around bottomless?


You say that as if its a bad thing... Why should people look at the human body or the natural act of sexual intercourse as if its some shameful thing?


Blame religion. They don't like us appreciating the nasty...


Yup! Genesis 3:1-8
63155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Bonne Lake, WA
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
Instead of running around topless, they should put bras on animals and parade them through town. It's less offensive, much more humorous, and, lets face it, if you put a bra on an ass, it really gets the point across.
2071 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F / Bulacan
Offline
Posted 2/21/13
yay! for extreme confidence or for exhibitionism?

nay for the poor eyes that will be defiled
87015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Finland, city of...
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

xhuizini wrote:

yay! for extreme confidence or for exhibitionism?

nay for the poor eyes that will be defiled


yay for FREEEEDOM!

...my eyes are burning already so what would be the big difference?o.o
7199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/21/13 , edited 2/21/13

MountainMew wrote:



Just because society says it's improper doesn't make it improper; society is ever changing, and just because it currently claims something to be "improper" doesn't mean we have to force others to do as they say, especially when what they say is neither truly improper nor hurting anyone.
Also, nudity doesn't devalue sex or desecrate sexuality, I don't know why so many people think this. It's not even a good defense against nudist.


It's not because society says it's improper, it's because society says it's sexual.
It's not about nudity, it's about public nudity. In some African cultures, breasts are not sexualized, but ankles are. In those cultures, it would be perfectly reasonable to require people to wear shoes in public. That's what this law is about. What takes place in public. Public nudity of sexualized components does devalue sex and sexuality because it removes the intimacy and relational factor, and desecrates it because it does this in public.
7199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Marshall, Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

ChinaCat89 wrote:


jtjumper wrote:


ChinaCat89 wrote:

Our law makers seem to have a thing for creating legislation that tells women what they can and can't do with their bodies.


Like stabbing people.


I wasn't specifically referring to abortion, I was thinking more towards things such as laws that try to ban contraception and breastfeeding in public.

Ah, okay. That makes some sense. Although they do have 'things' now that women can drape over themselves so they don't flash people while breastfeeding.
But, yeah contraception, that's totally private and affects no one but you.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.