Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Ecchi has no Plot
Posted 12/5/13
Plot or no plot, I will always really love and enjoy any & all ecchi animes the most of any other genre out there
6323 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Alabama, US
Offline
Posted 12/5/13 , edited 12/5/13

EmpReb wrote:


Eibzz wrote:

Witchblade was ecchi to a degree, but I liked the plot of it. Matter of fact, Witchblade was my gateway anime.

Yes its Ecchi to but the story is VERY good and the ending is amazing. I love its no holds bar good plot with the crazyness of the supernatural witchblade. One of my first blue-rays... though I leave the slip on because i have gotten some looks when the true box art shown.


Witchblade is definitely a good example of a pretty fantastic show if you aren't bothered by the fanservice. I won't even lie I shed manly tears at the end of that, they absolutely nailed the bittersweet ending in that show. Really would be a shame for anybody to refuse watching that just because of the fanservice, which to be entirely honest is somewhat justified as a result of what the Witchblade actually does to it's host.

At any rate, I've said this before in other threads or something similar, but I've never been bothered by ecchi as a genre and for the most part fanservice in otherwise non-ecchi shows doesn't bother me. In the case of ecchi shows there is an understanding going in that it was a show made specifically to have that appeal -- that doesn't mean it's the only thing it has going for it, though.

Using Highschool DxD as an example, yeah the plot may not be anything to write home about but it does have some pretty entertaining action and a decent amount of comedy in it. In my experience pretty much every ecchi show is one part ecchi, one part substance. What that substance is could be anything from an interesting plot to action and comedy or anything inbetween, but the point is in reality there aren't all that many shows that get by solely on fanservice, the ones that try generally don't do very well in my experience. People saying that ecchi has nothing going for it beyond fanservice probably just haven't watched much, which is all fine and good, but generalizing a genre you aren't actually familiar with is pretty daft.

3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous
7538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/5/13
Not technically I feel like it's the plots fault if you don't like a show. The boobies and pervy stuff just attracts crowds. Kill La Kill has a great plot, funny characters, and cool action parts but it's ECHI levels are OVER 9,000 when she transforms with her uniform she's basically in bondage leather straps everything is out XD but it's a good show.

But i've seen some ecchi stuff that made no sense, like they would of been better off just not talking completely
7264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 12/5/13 , edited 12/5/13

fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous


Oh I wasn't aware that was a part lol, I just call anime girls with huge boobs a boobie monster, but the fact there was a real boobie monster makes me want to give it another try less
3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous


Oh I wasn't aware that was a part lol, I just call anime girls with huge boobs a boobie monster, but the fact there was a real boobie monster makes me want to give it another try less


It was in an ova so it isn't integral to the show, and ovas for just about any show are just for (in my experience) over the top fanservice. Overall I think if you can ignore the ecchi there is somewhat of a decent plot. I mean it's no Shawshank redemption but it isn't terrible
5882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Minnesota, USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Rito2Ru wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

it is that time of month where AK IS BORED AS HELL


*thought it was a new thread*

*was about to post something*

*looks at date of first post*

*finds person who bumped thread*



Damn it AnimeKami


You summed up this entire thread in one image.
7538 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Pennsylvania
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.

Okay before I start I am not attacking YOU i'm just very tired of people that think like that. Just because There is a boob or a under dress female in a show doesn't mean the show is trying to degrade women. The look is appealing, that is all. Can you tell me of a man in a video game, movie, or anime that is POPULAR and has a "average body" beer belly/unkept like a normal man? things like that. those freaky ass looking guys from the twilight ,movies were CONSTANTLY shirtless, to advance the plot along? Men are objectified just as much as women it's just not as prevalent because male nudity doesn't sell the same numbers are female nudity. Slap a boob on a link and your guaranteed a thousand clicks, slap a guys wiener on there and you may get 2 I pervy girl and some serial killer.
537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Em0SceneStabr wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.

Okay before I start I am not attacking YOU i'm just very tired of people that think like that. Just because There is a boob or a under dress female in a show doesn't mean the show is trying to degrade women. The look is appealing, that is all. Can you tell me of a man in a video game, movie, or anime that is POPULAR and has a "average body" beer belly/unkept like a normal man? things like that. those freaky ass looking guys from the twilight ,movies were CONSTANTLY shirtless, to advance the plot along? Men are objectified just as much as women it's just not as prevalent because male nudity doesn't sell the same numbers are female nudity. Slap a boob on a link and your guaranteed a thousand clicks, slap a guys wiener on there and you may get 2 I pervy girl and some serial killer.


It's only how I see it. And besides, I don't watch any of those gay Twilight movies.
But I do think that a scene of a half nekkid person here or there won't hurt the progress of the plot. But ecchi is just way too much and it's difficult to focus on the plot. In just about every scene there is wet boobs in a white see through shirt and then a moist vag through underwear. That's just too much and unnecessary lol A guy shirtless here and there, is fine. But if I have to start seeing his ass, chest and balls 24/7 that is also too much.

3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Em0SceneStabr wrote:

ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul [link url="/forumtopic-792581/ecchi-has-no-plot?fpid=45091059" title="View quoted

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.

Okay before I start I am not attacking YOU i'm just very tired of people that think like that. Just because There is a boob or a under dress female in a show doesn't mean the show is trying to degrade women. The look is appealing, that is all. Can you tell me of a man in a video game, movie, or anime that is POPULAR and has a "average body" beer belly/unkept like a normal man? things like that. those freaky ass looking guys from the twilight ,movies were CONSTANTLY shirtless, to advance the plot along? Men are objectified just as much as women it's just not as prevalent because male nudity doesn't sell the same numbers are female nudity. Slap a boob on a link and your guaranteed a thousand clicks, slap a guys wiener on there and you may get 2 I pervy girl and some serial killer.


Just for the record (not trying to take the air out of your argument) I do know of one male protagonist who breaks the stereotype. It's the main guy from accel world, he's a short fat guy. I only say this because the fact that he's fat makes him my favorite character of all time.




Like I said before not disputing your argument just showing there is at least one show that breaks the mold

7264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous


Oh I wasn't aware that was a part lol, I just call anime girls with huge boobs a boobie monster, but the fact there was a real boobie monster makes me want to give it another try less


It was in an ova so it isn't integral to the show, and ovas for just about any show are just for (in my experience) over the top fanservice. Overall I think if you can ignore the ecchi there is somewhat of a decent plot. I mean it's no Shawshank redemption but it isn't terrible


I don't mind ecchi at all, I actually saw s1 of dxd. I just don't like ecchi where the girls have huge boobs and weird shaped bodies. Maken- ki black haired girl comes to mind as something I don't like. As for eccbi I like is this a zombie comes to mind.
3032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous


Oh I wasn't aware that was a part lol, I just call anime girls with huge boobs a boobie monster, but the fact there was a real boobie monster makes me want to give it another try less


It was in an ova so it isn't integral to the show, and ovas for just about any show are just for (in my experience) over the top fanservice. Overall I think if you can ignore the ecchi there is somewhat of a decent plot. I mean it's no Shawshank redemption but it isn't terrible


I don't mind ecchi at all, I actually saw s1 of dxd. I just don't like ecchi where the girls have huge boobs and weird shaped bodies. Maken- ki black haired girl comes to mind as something I don't like. As for eccbi I like is this a zombie comes to mind.


I can defiantly agree on that; i may not speak for the majority but be it irl or in anime there is such a thing as boobs being to damn big. nothing wrong with big boobs but there's a line that can and has been crossed many times
7264 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / アビス
Offline
Posted 12/5/13

fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


fatlemonpie wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:


Hibria187 wrote:


ThrenodialSoul wrote:

I'm not into ecchi at all. It makes no sense to me. But then again I'm not some sex craving guy either. I'm a woman who is offended by ecchi.

Offended how exactly?


The focus is mainly on inappropriate female body parts which means it's the only thing that matters. I mean, it isn't for everyone.


There's a lot of ecchi that actually focuses on other stuff too, there are also different levels of ecchi ( ex: sekion no qwaser vs haganai). If its not your bag that's cool but I'd hate for people to lose out on some good anime because its tagged as ecchi.


The only ecchi I've ever slightly liked was Highschool of the Dead because the zombie apocalypse part was insane. But while watching it, the ecchi made me super annoyed because I felt like it was unneeded and overdone ;o


I didn't like highschool dxd either, boobie monsters piss me off.


I must admit even as a fan of dxd I found that part ridiculous


Oh I wasn't aware that was a part lol, I just call anime girls with huge boobs a boobie monster, but the fact there was a real boobie monster makes me want to give it another try less


It was in an ova so it isn't integral to the show, and ovas for just about any show are just for (in my experience) over the top fanservice. Overall I think if you can ignore the ecchi there is somewhat of a decent plot. I mean it's no Shawshank redemption but it isn't terrible


I don't mind ecchi at all, I actually saw s1 of dxd. I just don't like ecchi where the girls have huge boobs and weird shaped bodies. Maken- ki black haired girl comes to mind as something I don't like. As for eccbi I like is this a zombie comes to mind.


I can defiantly agree on that; i may not speak for the majority but be it irl or in anime there is such a thing as boobs being to damn big. nothing wrong with big boobs but there's a line that can and has been crossed many times

Well irl or anime I prefer them small but I don't mind "normal" big. When it starts making the characters look weird then bleh nty
8202 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / In
Offline
Posted 12/5/13


*cough cough Free cough cough*
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.