First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
guess passes are for what?
22006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
I got anime guest passes but i don't really have any friends?
I mostly stay on my xbox360 or on my pc.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
Mostly so you can watch simulcasts the moment they become available. I think there is also some series they require premium passed the first couple of episodes.

You can just give them out freely to people on CR if you have no one to give them to as they eventually expire you might as well make use of them.
eos 
43696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
You can give them to friends or relatives for a free two day premium membership; which includes all the benefits of a premium member for a full 48 hours.
They will be able to view all simulcasts the day they premiere while the pass is active.
One is given per month while a subscription is active IE: All-Access-member, or Anime-member.
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
If you have nobody to give them to there is a thread located here for the sole purpose of giving them to people who want them.
47300 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
They are for cheap people that refuse to pay the whole $8/month to watch their favorite anime "the day it comes out in Japan." So then they email you and bug you and post annoying remarks in the comments section of your favorite anime begging and pleading for passes to satiate their obsession.

Children who can't get mommy and daddy to pay for their account not withstanding.

I can see the appeal to CR from a business oriented point of view, but as a paying member, I wish they'd just do away with them.
18381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / with Ashy Larry r...
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
Access into my underground sex club.
Banned
31569 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / The Void.
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13

bluerunner wrote:

They are for cheap people that refuse to pay the whole $8/month to watch their favorite anime "the day it comes out in Japan." So then they email you and bug you and post annoying remarks in the comments section of your favorite anime begging and pleading for passes to satiate their obsession.

Children who can't get mommy and daddy to pay for their account not withstanding.

I can see the appeal to CR from a business oriented point of view, but as a paying member, I wish they'd just do away with them.


Oh, look at this dick. Do you what we should do away with? Money.

Posted 2/19/13

-Vega- wrote:


bluerunner wrote:

They are for cheap people that refuse to pay the whole $8/month to watch their favorite anime "the day it comes out in Japan." So then they email you and bug you and post annoying remarks in the comments section of your favorite anime begging and pleading for passes to satiate their obsession.

Children who can't get mommy and daddy to pay for their account not withstanding.

I can see the appeal to CR from a business oriented point of view, but as a paying member, I wish they'd just do away with them.


Oh, look at this dick.



I was thinking that but I wasn't going to actually put it out there. xD
Posted 2/19/13
Why is there no milk whenever I want a bowl of cereal? >:3
30134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / none ya
Offline
Posted 2/19/13

bluerunner wrote:

They are for cheap people that refuse to pay the whole $8/month to watch their favorite anime "the day it comes out in Japan." So then they email you and bug you and post annoying remarks in the comments section of your favorite anime begging and pleading for passes to satiate their obsession.

Children who can't get mommy and daddy to pay for their account not withstanding.

I can see the appeal to CR from a business oriented point of view, but as a paying member, I wish they'd just do away with them.


I agree completely. Its sort of a slap in the face to paying members. Why pay for something that everyone is getting for free. I personally feel like its a small fee and if you really like something you should support it.
18381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / with Ashy Larry r...
Offline
Posted 2/19/13

mystic17 wrote:

Why is there no milk whenever I want a bowl of cereal? >:3


Same reason there is no sugar when I want Kool Aid.
1mirg 
62907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / United States of...
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
watching new ep's, pretty much
Posted 2/19/13

mystic17 wrote:

Why is there no milk whenever I want a bowl of cereal? >:3


I have the opposite problem. I ran out of cereal but still have milk.
39056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 2/19/13 , edited 2/19/13
I don't see what everyone is bitching about. I fail to see how someone getting free access for 48 hours disrespects those who pay for unlimited access to all this site's anime. Besides, the people who pay are the ones who receive and distribute these free passes anyway, so if you're really that upset about it then just hold onto the ones you get until they expire and you've done your part. I actually have friends and I think it is nice that as an added bonus to my membership I am given these passes which I can gift to them. The passes also help increase paid membership, lots of people like to try before they buy. I didn't become a personal member myself until after I got a 48 hour trial from a guest pass which then convinced me it was worth the money.
5038 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
amen. i think the problem people have is the begging that goes on for them, but that can easily be solved by not handing them out to those who beg. i agree 100% with what you're saying about trying before you buy. while i plan on subscribing regardless i can see how someone may be hesitant on paying a monthly fee for something they already (mostly) get for free until they see the actual benefits that come with a premium subscription. example: i never once thought about playing world of warcraft until my friend sent me a recruit email and got me into the game. i thought paying $15 monthly for a game i technically already bought was absurd, that is until i actually tried it out and found out i really enjoyed the game. in the end people will always find something to complain about though.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.