First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply New Winter Titles: GJ CLUB; #1-6 Available Soon!
56760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
Anyone else find it funny, if you start with episode 7 isn't basically going off the assumption you have been watching it illegally until now? Otherwise no-one would watch episode 7 before the other 6 have been added. That said i'm looking forward to this, it my kind of show from what I've seen and read, and look forward to all the episodes being added.

Got to say though truly is the exact sort of show I would expect crunchyroll to pick up, which is probably why I'd never give up my subscription
39934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
I've been hearing about this anime, but will until all of the previous episodes are released.
90220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/21/13
a bit late on this?
22133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Chicago, IL
Online
Posted 2/21/13
I read on there page they will be adding episodes 1-6 starting nest week.
The Wise Wizard
79643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

kouk2002 wrote:

Anyone else find it funny, if you start with episode 7 isn't basically going off the assumption you have been watching it illegally until now? Otherwise no-one would watch episode 7 before the other 6 have been added.

There are still a lot of people out there that will go to fansubs if CR doesn't have the show they want within a specific time frame after it starts. I don't see a problem with CR acknowledging reality, especially if it gets those persons off watching the fansub and into watching a legal stream.

56760 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

TheAncientOne wrote:


kouk2002 wrote:

Anyone else find it funny, if you start with episode 7 isn't basically going off the assumption you have been watching it illegally until now? Otherwise no-one would watch episode 7 before the other 6 have been added.

There are still a lot of people out there that will go to fansubs if CR doesn't have the show they want within a specific time frame after it starts. I don't see a problem with CR acknowledging reality, especially if it gets those persons off watching the fansub and into watching a legal stream.



Never said there was anything wrong with it, after all I bet the majority of users had watched any of these bleach, naruto or gintama fansubbed before they got licensed here. I just simply find it funny that they do it, silently implying that they know even their own users are likely watching fansubs or raws of the things not available to them via crunchyroll and if you live in the states the various other sites and services that are available.
17129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 2/21/13
I'll be waiting for episode one, I can never watch a series unless its from the begining. But this show looks awesome, the cat girl offering the the guy chicken looks adorable. Looking forward to this, THANK YOU CR!!!!
19586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 2/22/13
Yes Finnaly thank you!!
72062 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Colorado, USA
Offline
Posted 2/23/13
I do welcome this kind of mid-season news. It's exciting to hear Crunchyroll getting so many shows, and so many partnering companies in Japan joining in making these shows accessible <3
21208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 2/24/13
Thank you very much crunchyroll Another anime series I cannot watch, it's like you do not care about us Continental Europeans.
5299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/13
I follow those shows i enjoy! thanks Crunchyroll!
52315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/24/13
can't wait to watch the first eps tomorrow
53377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/24/13

Rito2Ru wrote:

can't wait to watch the first eps tomorrow


Me too so I have to finish Usagi Drop tonight!
52315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/24/13

hpulley wrote:


Rito2Ru wrote:

can't wait to watch the first eps tomorrow


Me too so I have to finish Usagi Drop tonight!


ahh I almost forgot that I needed to re-watch Usagi Drop before its removed as well
69872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 2/24/13

kouk2002 wrote: Anyone else find it funny, if you start with episode 7 isn't basically going off the assumption you have been watching it illegally until now?

Not the assumption that everyone has been watching it illegally until now, just the knowledge that many have in fact been. They know that some members have only watch legit sources, and others watch their anime wherever is more convenient for them.

They'll track the drop-off in bootleg distribution and use that as part of their pitch in future seasons why the production committee should give streaming rights to Crunchyroll at launch, to avoid much of the bootleg distribution in the first place.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.