Remove this ad
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply General death metal talk
4875 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/5/13

esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! They're fantastic..... really enjoyed Falling Snow.

Been listening to Eluveitie lately..... Not death metal, but still awesome.
9198 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Soul Society
Offline
Posted 6/5/13

randomation-proclaimation wrote:

Yes, love that show.


I love their names. William Murderface Murderface Murderface xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Quf3-P3wNJU&list=PL5483EA8DD840A2C4
8557 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / At a warp pipe ne...
Offline
Posted 6/5/13
Anyone know any good death metal songs?
52231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 6/6/13 , edited 6/6/13
I listen to some death metal.

One of my favorites that started as death metal band and remained the same until they retired is Dismember. Hell, one of their albums is simply called Death Metal. Now that's awesome and to the point.

Couple of songs by Dismember:

Dreaming in Red - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkE38kWAIw

Casket Garden - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey6vm3Slxa8
17870 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 6/6/13

Animegirlzvstheworld wrote:

Anyone know any good death metal songs?


The Lotus Eater - Opeth

But I'm mainly an Opeth guy, so some others can give you more suggestions.
52231 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
41 / M / PA.
Offline
Posted 6/7/13
One of my favorite death metal songs of all time:

Penetralia - Hypocrisy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2wFc8ykRo4
6069 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 6/14/13
I'm more into Black Metal.

But I like these bands:
Arch Toll
Disma
Deathrune
14035 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 6/19/13 , edited 6/19/13
I'm big on Death Metal music.

Recommended bands and albums ( the classics mannn~)

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness, Blessed Are the Sick.
Deicide - s/t debut, Legion.
Autopsy - Severed Survival, Mental Funeral, Macabre Eternal.
Immolation - Dawn of Possession.
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes.
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh, None So Vile.
Master - And on the seventh day God created...Master!
Nocturnus - The Key, Thresholds.
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha.
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity.

From Sweden (the goddamn essentials)
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours, With Fear I kiss the Burning Darkness.
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream.
Nihilist - Demo Compilation.
Hypocrisy - Penetralia.
Therion - Of Darkness, Beyond Sanctorum.
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence, Dark Side.

Probably my favorite, essential listen:
Timeghoul - 1992-1994 Discography
8214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/7/13
You guys are leaving out The Faceless and The Black Dahlia Murder.

8214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Toronto
Offline
Posted 7/7/13
I don't know if you can classify Opeth as Death Metal. I remember listening to an interview with Akerfeldt where he said that he doesn't ascribe any genre to his music, and it's true.

Seriously, the changes from Orchid to Heritage have been vast. Mind you, Heritage was a little disappointing.
13015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/6/13

Brutal_Campaign wrote:

I'm big on Death Metal music.

Recommended bands and albums ( the classics mannn~)

Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness, Blessed Are the Sick.
Deicide - s/t debut, Legion.
Autopsy - Severed Survival, Mental Funeral, Macabre Eternal.
Immolation - Dawn of Possession.
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes.
Cryptopsy - Blasphemy Made Flesh, None So Vile.
Master - And on the seventh day God created...Master!
Nocturnus - The Key, Thresholds.
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha.
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity.

From Sweden (the goddamn essentials)
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours, With Fear I kiss the Burning Darkness.
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream.
Nihilist - Demo Compilation.
Hypocrisy - Penetralia.
Therion - Of Darkness, Beyond Sanctorum.
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence, Dark Side.

Probably my favorite, essential listen:
Timeghoul - 1992-1994 Discography


finally a shining light of hope in an awful thread

two of my recent favorites

Antediluvian - Logos
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
17305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 8/7/13 , edited 8/7/13
only death metal band I listen to is Children of Bodom. I do have every album though.
13015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/7/13

Wigglee wrote:

only death metal band I listen to is Children of Bodom. I do have every album though.


not death metal, they're power metal
2902 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Pandemonium
Online
Posted 8/8/13

MortDivine wrote:


Wigglee wrote:

only death metal band I listen to is Children of Bodom. I do have every album though.


not death metal, they're power metal


Children of Bodom are a mix of Thrash Metal and Melodic Death Metal with some Power Metal influence in their earlier albums.
Not Power Metal.
13015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 8/8/13

Syndicaidramon wrote:


MortDivine wrote:


Wigglee wrote:

only death metal band I listen to is Children of Bodom. I do have every album though.


not death metal, they're power metal


Children of Bodom are a mix of Thrash Metal and Melodic Death Metal with some Power Metal influence in their earlier albums.
Not Power Metal.


They're not death metal in any sense...

Thrash would be a stretch, but their music is literally just downtuned power metal and Iron Maiden melodies with harsh vocals

Regardless, they're garbage that no one should really be listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVsBp0ZAhf0

This, however, is killer.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.