First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
General death metal talk
456 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Australia
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
I think Suicide Silence is as heavy as my playlist goes
19476 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/11/14
Gojira is the only death metal band I listen to, and the only metal band I listen to anymore. From Mars to Sirius and The Way of All Flesh are two of my favorite albums ever.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
102 / M / The Whitehouse
Offline
Posted 6/12/14
I'm more of a Black Metal type of guy myself but as far as Death Metal goes I'd have to say Bolt Thrower or Cancer, if I absolutely had to pick between the two it would be Bolt Thrower.
14229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/14/14
The new Vader is pretty hot and so is the new Autopsy. With both Obituary and Pathology new releases due soon to, it's a bit of a bumper crop of Death metal ATM. Black Metal, the all powful Mayhem's latest is as always.........a most worthwhile listen.
36208 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / new york
Offline
Posted 6/15/14
http://haagenti666.bandcamp.com/ deez guys sick, huge chords
7259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

vidoll_rox_my_polkadot_sox wrote:


Nefunrest wrote:

Does Cradle Of Flith count anymore?

I saw Graveworm live with a back stage pass in Shanghai recently. Have all their CD's.


Cradle of Filth is not death metal...



They're not even black metal...

I was huge on metal throughout most of high school. I started off listening to Sepultura, Fear Factory, Living Sacrifice, Meshuggah, Obituary, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, etc. Then my tastes changed towards the Gothenburg sound (melodic death); I was really into In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At The Gates, Opeth, Insomnium, and Extol, to name a few. I continued listening into my early twenties, but I had mostly moved on to noise rocik and shoegaze.

I still appreciate good metal nowadays, but I'm very particular about what I enjoy. I still listen to old Sepultura and Extol (their new album is amazing!) and have picked up a couple new interests such as Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats (throwback doom metal/acid rock) and Deafheaven (black metal with shoegaze mixed in).
7259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! Such a great band.
14229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

nonspecificscientific wrote:


esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! Such a great band.


Their lastest (Serpant and the Spere) is excellent. I think it's the best thing they've done since The Mantle. Not death metal either of course, but seriously fine metal none the less.
14229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/16/14

That's very cool. Always good to see metal done just for the metal.

7259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

Herezja wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:


esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! Such a great band.


Their lastest (Serpant and the Spere) is excellent. I think it's the best thing they've done since The Mantle. Not death metal either of course, but seriously fine metal none the less.


I haven't kept up with them since Ashes Against the Grain, but the Mantle was an incredible album.
14229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

nonspecificscientific wrote:


Herezja wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:


esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! Such a great band.


Their lastest (Serpant and the Spere) is excellent. I think it's the best thing they've done since The Mantle. Not death metal either of course, but seriously fine metal none the less.


I haven't kept up with them since Ashes Against the Grain, but the Mantle was an incredible album.


http://agalloch.bandcamp.com/album/the-serpent-the-sphere

well worth it....


7259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 6/17/14 , edited 6/17/14

Herezja wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:


Herezja wrote:


nonspecificscientific wrote:


esmaril wrote:

Has anyone heard of Agalloch?


Yes! Such a great band.


Their lastest (Serpant and the Spere) is excellent. I think it's the best thing they've done since The Mantle. Not death metal either of course, but seriously fine metal none the less.


I haven't kept up with them since Ashes Against the Grain, but the Mantle was an incredible album.


http://agalloch.bandcamp.com/album/the-serpent-the-sphere

well worth it....




Giving it a quick listen right now. A little more metal than folk when compared with the Mantle, but pretty good nonetheless. Still very bleak soundscape...

EDIT: Have you listened to Novembre? They're like right between Opeth and Agalloch.
72907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/17/14
Does anyone here listen to any Wintersun?
14229 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Does anyone here listen to any Wintersun?


Yes, I was one of the many that waited for......I don't know how many years after the self titled first for Time to be released. Hoping he doesn't take that long next time.

72907 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Central KY.
Offline
Posted 6/17/14

Herezja wrote:


x-Cellar_Door-x wrote:

Does anyone here listen to any Wintersun?


Yes, I was one of the many that waited for......I don't know how many years after the self titled first for Time to be released. Hoping he doesn't take that long next time.



AWESOME MAN! Props to You. Was just listening to Starchild. Hadn't heard that Song in awhile.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.