First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
What's the worst forum thread you've ever created?
20899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
What's the worst forum thread you've ever created?
Why was it the worst?
When did you come to this realization?
Why did you create it?
Do you regret it creating it?
4582 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / ireland
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
One that was nothing but people going 'Lisa needs braces' and then 'dental plan'.

Well, I think you can guess why.

Not too soon after.

No reason other than boredom.

No regrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9Yibf_UXE
953 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / england
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
well I've only created one so far. It was about lifting weight, I got some good info from it so I don't regret it.
20899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/13

miserykitsune wrote:

One that was nothing but people going 'Lisa needs braces' and then 'dental plan'.

Well, I think you can guess why.

Not too soon after.

No reason other than boredom.

No regrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9Yibf_UXE


An excellent starting point to this thread.
I have to admit though, that is surprisingly catchy.
Posted 2/19/13
Well I found a cool forum to be on, I made a REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD thread and I totally fucked up and emabaressed myself and I stopped posting. Since then I have not posted once.
15276 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Bay Area CA
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
I post embarrassing things when I'm black out drunk on Facebook if that counts.
27883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 2/19/13
What's the worst forum thread you've ever created?
-Two of them when I was trying to give away free digital/ultraviolet copies of movies I had purchased.

Why was it the worst?
-They were personal threads and not a single person ever responded to get the movies.

When did you come to this realization?
-When nobody responded and they were closed.

Why did you create it?
-I wanted to be nice to people.

Do you regret it creating it?
-No not particularly.
23717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13
I haven't created any threads, but I absolutely DESPISE the threads that are to do with "romance/relationships", for example:

-Are you single or in a relationship?
-How many people have you broken up with?
-Dating tips/advice
-How to deal with heartbreak.

This^... Topics like these are being spammed all over the forum, if anything, adjusted slightly so people don't claim that it already exists and should be deleted. They're annoying and nobody even really cares.

27883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

saksiss wrote:

I haven't created any threads, but I absolutely DESPISE the threads that are to do with "romance/relationships", for example:

-Are you single or in a relationship?
-How many people have you broken up with?
-Dating tips/advice
-How to deal with heartbreak.

This^... Topics like these are being spammed all over the forum, if anything, adjusted slightly so people don't claim that it already exists and should be deleted. They're annoying and nobody even really cares.



People make them and a lot of the people who post in them obviously care. I am not saying I like the threads myself but you could do what normal people, who are capable of thinking logically, do and simply ignore the existence of those threads. It really isn't hard to do and then you won't feel the need to complain to people who don't care about what bothers you.
23717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13

justanotherguy_2005 wrote:


saksiss wrote:

I haven't created any threads, but I absolutely DESPISE the threads that are to do with "romance/relationships", for example:

-Are you single or in a relationship?
-How many people have you broken up with?
-Dating tips/advice
-How to deal with heartbreak.

This^... Topics like these are being spammed all over the forum, if anything, adjusted slightly so people don't claim that it already exists and should be deleted. They're annoying and nobody even really cares.



People make them and a lot of the people who post in them obviously care. I am not saying I like the threads myself but you could do what normal people, who are capable of thinking logically, do and simply ignore the existence of those threads. It really isn't hard to do and then you won't feel the need to complain to people who don't care about what bothers you.


First, I'm not "complaining to people" I'm merely stating my personal thoughts. Secondly, if I wanted to, I can easily ignore them if I desired to, I'm just saying what more than half the population of this forum is already thinking. Don't even bother denying it because I'm certain you already know that deep down. Third, when you say people actually care about threads like those, I honestly couldn't help but laugh. They don't care, they're just putting in their two cents for the sake of it. Only lonely people would care about such weak things.

If you think otherwise, you're just kidding/lying to yourself, and those are the type of people who I pity above all. But hey, your life, your choice I guess..
21510 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 2/20/13
Aahhgrrskljflksdjflksj! don't remind me cause it's totally embarrassing, contravene and absurd. I'm a total noob back then.
27883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13

saksiss wrote:




First, I'm not "complaining to people" I'm merely stating my personal thoughts. Secondly, if I wanted to, I can easily ignore them if I desired to, I'm just saying what more than half the population of this forum is already thinking. Don't even bother denying it because I'm certain you already know that deep down. Third, when you say people actually care about threads like those, I honestly couldn't help but laugh. They don't care, they're just putting in their two cents for the sake of it. Only lonely people would care about such weak things.


When you make a post like you did that isn't really what the topic is about merely to state your opinion that threads like those are annoying you pretty much are complaining. But that doesn't really matter either way. Sorry that I didn't realize you were the voice for so many people and had to speak for them. Sure, there are plenty of people who are going to be tired of seeing relationship related threads but a majority of them feel no need to vocalize their dislike for them since it will do nothing but encourage those who wish to annoy others to simply make more. People do care about it otherwise they would put their "two cents" in on other topics and skip it entirely. If they are willing to put any amount of time in on something they obviously care at least a little.


saksiss wrote:
If you think otherwise, you're just kidding/lying to yourself, and those are the type of people who I pity above all. But hey, your life, your choice I guess..

Funny that someone disagreeing with you just has to be lying to themselves deep down. I mean, your opinion is obviously shared by everyone secretly right? We just say we disagree to add variety to things.
23717 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Amegakure
Offline
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13


I've already grown tired of debating this with you so I'll just leave it with this.

I'm voicing my opinion but not complaining, I don't care if others agree with me or not, I'm not saying I'm "the voice of reason for everybody", it's just rather obvious that lots of people think the same way as I do and I am merely pointing that out. I also don't believe people need to care even one percent just because they make a comment on a post, they could just do it for the hell of it.

Also I didn't say they had to agree with me.. I just said if they think otherwise, then they're lying to themselves. :rolleyes:

Tl'dr: I think one way, you think the other. I guess I'm just more of a realist, and so we'll never see eye to eye, end of discussion.
27883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Toledo
Offline
Posted 2/20/13

saksiss wrote:



I've already grown tired of debating this with you so I'll just leave it with this.

I'm voicing my opinion but not complaining, I don't care if others agree with me or not, I'm not saying I'm "the voice of reason for everybody", it's just rather obvious that lots of people think the same way as I do and I am merely pointing that out. I also don't believe people need to care even one percent just because they make a comment on a post, they could just do it for the hell of it.

Also I didn't say they had to agree with me.. I just said if they think otherwise, then they're lying to themselves. :rolleyes:

Tl'dr: I think one way, you think the other. I guess I'm just more of a realist, and so we'll never see eye to eye, end of discussion.


Your post was an opinion, yes, but it was also just complaining. I never said you were the "voice of reason". That would just be completely asinine. What I really said was that you were trying to speak for "more than half the population of this forum". As you yourself put it. Again, I will agree that under certain perspectives a lot of people would agree with being tired of those threads but, clearly, not everyone has otherwise they would vanish entirely. Which is part of what I was pointing out. We will have to simply disagree on the point of people needing to care for them to make a post though as it is my belief that people have to care at least a little bit in order to bother making a post. I will say though that they don't necessarily have to care about the topic of the thread specifically in order to make the post that they do. They can make the post because they care about their own entertainment when it comes to the topic of the thread via making fun of the people making the thread or those participating in the discussion or just adding to the discussion in order to alleviate their boredom for even a minute. In my opinion it still counts as caring a little bit. You did not say they had to agree with you, true. You did say that they all do agree with you and are just liars though. Which is completely absurd if you didn't realize that yet. I do hope it was a bad joke but somehow I doubt it.
Posted 2/20/13 , edited 2/20/13
Well, I posed some pretty popular ones that keep re-surfing, but the worst ones...?

The ones no on replied to, or got reported.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.