First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc AND Election Arc Discussion
34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

SlimeStack wrote:

I never read the manga or watched the 1999 version but I'm still excited for this.

In terms of how the manga is going vs. the rate the 2011 anime is going, are we in any danger of entering the filler zone? Either the delaying kind or making up an ending kind.

If the manga doesn't return form its hiatus soon, then yes expect a long period of fillers or the anime might be ending. I've said it somewhere on the forums before, that the arc after the Chimera Ant arc serves as a great ending spot if they decide to end the anime.

29641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/13
I feel they're more than likely to just call it at the end of the Chimera arc, unless he pitched a bunch of ideas for post it that haven't made it to manga form yet.

Maybe movies/extra series afterwards but even if the manga starts up now I can't imagine us still having too much material for another full arc after the Chimera one.
34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

niarBaD wrote:

I feel they're more than likely to just call it at the end of the Chimera arc, unless he pitched a bunch of ideas for post it that haven't made it to manga form yet.

Maybe movies/extra series afterwards but even if the manga starts up now I can't imagine us still having too much material for another full arc after the Chimera one.

There is only one full arc after the Chimera Ant arc, the Election arc. If you read the manga then you know that the Election arc is a perfect ending point for the anime.

The Chimera Ant arc is long, so if the manga returned to being serialized weekly with no hiatuses (I highly doubt it), then I actually see the anime continuing past the Election arc.

29641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/9/13

viva_cmpunker wrote:


niarBaD wrote:

I feel they're more than likely to just call it at the end of the Chimera arc, unless he pitched a bunch of ideas for post it that haven't made it to manga form yet.

Maybe movies/extra series afterwards but even if the manga starts up now I can't imagine us still having too much material for another full arc after the Chimera one.

There is only one full arc after the Chimera Ant arc, the Election arc. If you read the manga then you know that the Election arc is a perfect ending point for the anime.

The Chimera Ant arc is long, so if the manga returned to being serialized weekly with no hiatuses (I highly doubt it), then I actually see the anime continuing past the Election arc.



It's possible, but I feel like even if he started now (without hiatus) the anime would catch up before any arc after that would finish.

I for some reason was considering Election Arc as part of the Chimera, I know it's a great ending point though.
3217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Vancouver,British...
Offline
Posted 4/9/13
Really?? Yaaaay, but i'm gunna miss Greed Island ;')
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13

niarBaD wrote:


viva_cmpunker wrote:


niarBaD wrote:

I feel they're more than likely to just call it at the end of the Chimera arc, unless he pitched a bunch of ideas for post it that haven't made it to manga form yet.

Maybe movies/extra series afterwards but even if the manga starts up now I can't imagine us still having too much material for another full arc after the Chimera one.

There is only one full arc after the Chimera Ant arc, the Election arc. If you read the manga then you know that the Election arc is a perfect ending point for the anime.

The Chimera Ant arc is long, so if the manga returned to being serialized weekly with no hiatuses (I highly doubt it), then I actually see the anime continuing past the Election arc.



It's possible, but I feel like even if he started now (without hiatus) the anime would catch up before any arc after that would finish.

I for some reason was considering Election Arc as part of the Chimera, I know it's a great ending point though.


There are a few things I think they would have to change/elaborate on if they ended it after the Election Arc, in my opinion. Now, keep in mind that this is if it ends (if you haven't read the manga, this will contain spoilers):


So, yeah, a little filler, but nothing major.

Honestly, I hope that Togashi gets into gear. Or just lets us know what is up. Part of me thinks there is a plan in place. Maybe he has some chapters stored up that the studio has access to? I dunno, I can wish, right?

To be honest, the fact that they haven't had any filler up until now tells me they have a plan for what they want to do - be it to end the anime after the election arc, or continue despite Togashi.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
Also, can I ask this:

Now that GI is over for the 2011 anime (well, almost)... which adaption does everyone prefer? 1999+OVAs or 2011?

I, personally, prefer 2011. However... there was some stuff I felt the earlier adaption handled better. There were some 'filler' scenes that I enjoyed. Not the filler episodes, mind you, those sucked. But there were some scene throughout that added something to it.

Overall, though, I think the 2011 anime captures the overall storyline better, and has slightly better dialog. Animation isn't a big deal to me - the 1999 anime was great at the time, still holds well now.
34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 4/10/13 , edited 4/10/13

zoleth wrote:
There are a few things I think they would have to change/elaborate on if they ended it after the Election Arc, in my opinion. Now, keep in mind that this is if it ends (if you haven't read the manga, this will contain spoilers):


So, yeah, a little filler, but nothing major.

Honestly, I hope that Togashi gets into gear. Or just lets us know what is up. Part of me thinks there is a plan in place. Maybe he has some chapters stored up that the studio has access to? I dunno, I can wish, right?

To be honest, the fact that they haven't had any filler up until now tells me they have a plan for what they want to do - be it to end the anime after the election arc, or continue despite Togashi.

29641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
I have to agree with Viva and all he said in his post.




zoleth wrote:

Also, can I ask this:

Now that GI is over for the 2011 anime (well, almost)... which adaption does everyone prefer? 1999+OVAs or 2011?

I, personally, prefer 2011. However... there was some stuff I felt the earlier adaption handled better. There were some 'filler' scenes that I enjoyed. Not the filler episodes, mind you, those sucked. But there were some scene throughout that added something to it.

Overall, though, I think the 2011 anime captures the overall storyline better, and has slightly better dialog. Animation isn't a big deal to me - the 1999 anime was great at the time, still holds well now.


I over all prefer the 2011 series. There are a few events that I feel they could've done better. Where they just change the feel of the scene with some minor changes.
1995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Planet Earth
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
Awesome I love this show! I just hope there is more Kurapika in this arc, He is my favourite character! along with Killua ofcourse
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

viva_cmpunker wrote:


zoleth wrote:
There are a few things I think they would have to change/elaborate on if they ended it after the Election Arc, in my opinion. Now, keep in mind that this is if it ends (if you haven't read the manga, this will contain spoilers):


So, yeah, a little filler, but nothing major.

Honestly, I hope that Togashi gets into gear. Or just lets us know what is up. Part of me thinks there is a plan in place. Maybe he has some chapters stored up that the studio has access to? I dunno, I can wish, right?

To be honest, the fact that they haven't had any filler up until now tells me they have a plan for what they want to do - be it to end the anime after the election arc, or continue despite Togashi.





That turned out longer than I meant it to, and I am not even sure if it'll make sense. Heh.

Ultimately, I wouldn't mind either way. I'll be reading the manga if/when it continues, and enjoying the anime in the meantime.
21498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
I'm so excited!!! :D
34283 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Dressrosa
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

zoleth wrote:


That turned out longer than I meant it to, and I am not even sure if it'll make sense. Heh.

Ultimately, I wouldn't mind either way. I'll be reading the manga if/when it continues, and enjoying the anime in the meantime.

When I say the anime might end, I mean it will be going on a long break/hiatus, until there is more material to animate. However, they could go with the money route and continue the series by making original materials. I do understand your point about those who only watch the anime.

About the Kurapika movie, I don't necessarily think that Kurapika's popularity is the major reason for them doing a movie about him. The anime is popular, and the manga has gotten more popular thanks to it. They want to make more money by doing a movie. What did they do? Go to Togashi and ask him to be involved in the movie. He gave them a story that he thought of a long time ago during the Yorknew City arc, but he ended up scrapping the story and not including it in the manga. They didn't necessarily ask for a Kurapika story. They basically hit two birds with one stone. A movie about Kurapika and they can advertise that Togashi is involved in the movie.
66 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 4/10/13

viva_cmpunker wrote:
When I say the anime might end, I mean it will be going on a long break/hiatus, until there is more material to animate. However, they could go with the money route and continue the series by making original materials. I do understand your point about those who only watch the anime.

About the Kurapika movie, I don't necessarily think that Kurapika's popularity is the major reason for them doing a movie about him. The anime is popular, and the manga has gotten more popular thanks to it. They want to make more money by doing a movie. What did they do? Go to Togashi and ask him to be involved in the movie. He gave them a story that he thought of a long time ago during the Yorknew City arc, but he ended up scrapping the story and not including it in the manga. They didn't necessarily ask for a Kurapika story. They basically hit two birds with one stone. A movie about Kurapika and they can advertise that Togashi is involved in the movie.


I see your points. :D

If the do continue with it later, I can see them ending it where the manga pauses. However, if that is their plan I think it'd be more likely that we'd see filler (oy).

I also get the point on the movie. I'll note that I cannot wait to see that. I heard it turned out rather good.

3217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Vancouver,British...
Offline
Posted 4/10/13
I hope there is more Hisoka in this arc ^-^ I love him hehehhe (:
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.