First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
Post Reply Hunter x Hunter Chimera Ant Arc AND Election Arc Discussion
25736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 8/3/13


When Gon cries, it's sad; but when Killua cries, it's heart-wrenching.

Also, you know what I don't care about? THE FREAKING ANT KING. Or whether or not the Queen lives or dies.
You know what I do care about? Gon and Killua and their personal journeys.

Sheesh, way too much of that episode spent on the ants for my tastes...
27980 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Free World Jail
Online
Posted 8/3/13
So can someone tell which anime does it better than Hunter x Hunter? Serious question. Im just...wow
This is already my 3rd favorite anime just passing One Piece but its slowly tryna pass 2nd and 1st...

Like really...
49360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Online
Posted 8/4/13
The beginning of episode 91 was really terrifying; Jesus, the level of darkness just reached a bottomless pit.

This is exactly what I wanted to see for the past few weeks, an anime so dark and terrifying, that it has me lying on the floor crouching in fear.
12739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Online
Posted 8/4/13
You know that was great and all but the anime will catch up to the manga really soon. Unlike most other anime I would very much appreciate some filler here. Otherwise it'll all be over very soon. That will make me sad. Kurapika filler please?
37861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Jabberwock Island
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
I should have known some shit when my sis said the current villain in the manga (This was a whileeeee back when Togashi was writing this arc) was a fusion between Cell and Frieza

My god this guy ticks off easy. The chimera ants continue to be scary while Gon and Killua continue to bring the feels.
24927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Virginia
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
This arc is about to get 10x more effed up, I'm not expecting anyone to survive when the King and his guards start fighting (except Gon or Killua)

My thoughts on this being a children's show have been crushed since the start of this Arc...
17026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
Man what an episode. I mean aside from the 12 minutes of Knuckle teaching his math class last week this whole arc has been an insane. I really don't see how anyone is going to even scratch one of the kings guard, much less the king. I love Gon and Killua but they need to sit a few plays out.

Hey Ging, I know you think it's fun to be a horrible father and hide from your son but we could really use your help. These ants are about to destroy everything. I mean we can blindfold Gon, have you swoop in to kill some ants, then disappear for another twelve years if that's what it takes.
61 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
yeap I'm loving this show
148554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/4/13

MysticGon wrote:

You know that was great and all but the anime will catch up to the manga really soon. Unlike most other anime I would very much appreciate some filler here. Otherwise it'll all be over very soon. That will make me sad. Kurapika filler please?


Why would they add filler? From what I understand, this is one of the longest arcs in the manga. Also, if they did, I would imagine more so with Phantom Troupe or extended fights with the Chimera Ant captains.


mipegg 
20408 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/4/13 , edited 8/4/13
I've had a look around but I cant really find what Im looking for, just a plot synopsis for the chimera ant arc. EG X happens, then Y happens then Z happens. Like this http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Evangelion:_3.0_You_Can_(Not)_Redo (obviously spoilers in there for EVA 3.0) but for the chimera ant.

Basically I cant be bothered to read the manga but want to know whats coming, I know that

But the anime is just going a bit slow for me at the moment


stark700 wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

You know that was great and all but the anime will catch up to the manga really soon. Unlike most other anime I would very much appreciate some filler here. Otherwise it'll all be over very soon. That will make me sad. Kurapika filler please?


Why would they add filler? From what I understand, this is one of the longest arcs in the manga. Also, if they did, I would imagine more so with Phantom Troupe or extended fights with the Chimera Ant captains.




I think this is like 150 chapters compared to 40 for the exam and 50 for Yorknew
20683 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / California
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
Man I can't wait until were further into this arc, some pretty crazy stuff happens.
2399 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / England
Offline
Posted 8/4/13
Great episode, but damn that scene with the kid and her parents :'(
58869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
the South Bay
Offline
Posted 8/4/13 , edited 8/4/13
its abit more graphic in the manga if I remember it right .

This anime is getting intense , and this arc is the longest .I havent read all of it. I do read a few chapter here and there before the anime animate that segment lol.
148554 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 8/4/13

mipegg wrote:

I think this is like 150 chapters compared to 40 for the exam and 50 for Yorknew


So indeed it will last quite awhile. I don't think fillers are needed unless maybe a short break in between or maybe some additional scenes added in for the fights.
25736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 8/4/13

ShotgunMantis wrote:
Hey Ging, I know you think it's fun to be a horrible father and hide from your son but we could really use your help. These ants are about to destroy everything. I mean we can blindfold Gon, have you swoop in to kill some ants, then disappear for another twelve years if that's what it takes.


They did say that he was the greatest Nen user of all time, so he could be helpful here.

Also, does anyone else thing Phantom Troupe vs. Chimera Ants would be sweet? I highly doubt that we'll see it happen, but it would be pretty neat if it did.
First  Prev  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.