First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Deal of the Day - DVD/BD - Are they even trying?
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/21/13

AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

You CHOOSE to lack knowledge.... of past and current technologies.


I was being sarcastic, unless you meant something else. If there is no knowledge in the first place how can you lack it, you don't know what it is if it isn't there to begin with? How can you choose to lack it then? Just to ask that question.



Don't worry that guy is nothing but a giant forum troll. All he does all day is find a topic to and person to flame. His lack of knowledge would say, sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that.

Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record. Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's,dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.

Just remember starve a troll 2013



Another person who doesn't know jack shit.



sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that

No one was talking about distributing a damn thing so where did you get that from???


Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's, dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.


Media isnt expensive because people steal it, Its expensive because companies know people are stupid enough to pay it. Thats the most backwards logic I have ever heard. People steal media because its too damn expensive.



Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record


Streaming companies change their selection all the time. What are you saying??? Also, last you heard was a decade ago. Like I said, if it has a video output, you can DVR that shit.


So, because I'm smart enough that I'd rather not make someone else even wealthier by buying something that im already paying for, that makes me a thieving pirate? Oh yea, im a troll alright...
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

Nyuboom wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

You CHOOSE to lack knowledge.... of past and current technologies.


I was being sarcastic, unless you meant something else. If there is no knowledge in the first place how can you lack it, you don't know what it is if it isn't there to begin with? How can you choose to lack it then? Just to ask that question.



Don't worry that guy is nothing but a giant forum troll. All he does all day is find a topic to and person to flame. His lack of knowledge would say, sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that.

Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record. Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's,dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.

Just remember starve a troll 2013


I can handle it, I used to be a troll myself. I say used to because I have shred that shallow skin of myself away and am now all the better for it, but I can still counter troll when applicable. I just choose not to. Heh, starve a troll 2013 - I like that.


Clarose probably doesn't understand what collecting is, he is too busy drinking in the club. Calling everyone else ignorant when really, he is.


This has nothing to do with collecting. The little girl who decided to respond to a post that wasn't directed towards her makes a snide comment towards me about people buying DVDs and blurays and then tries to tell me what DVRs can only be used for as if I'm the one that doesn't know how the technology can be used and then I respond and all of a sudden I'm the one that's a troll? Oh and now all I do is drink in the club and I'm really ignorant? Try again.
Posted 2/22/13

CLarose wrote:


Nyuboom wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

You CHOOSE to lack knowledge.... of past and current technologies.


I was being sarcastic, unless you meant something else. If there is no knowledge in the first place how can you lack it, you don't know what it is if it isn't there to begin with? How can you choose to lack it then? Just to ask that question.



Don't worry that guy is nothing but a giant forum troll. All he does all day is find a topic to and person to flame. His lack of knowledge would say, sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that.

Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record. Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's,dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.

Just remember starve a troll 2013


I can handle it, I used to be a troll myself. I say used to because I have shred that shallow skin of myself away and am now all the better for it, but I can still counter troll when applicable. I just choose not to. Heh, starve a troll 2013 - I like that.


Clarose probably doesn't understand what collecting is, he is too busy drinking in the club. Calling everyone else ignorant when really, he is.


This has nothing to do with collecting. The little girl who decided to respond to a post that wasn't directed towards her makes a snide comment towards me about people buying DVDs and blurays and then tries to tell me what DVRs can only be used for as if I'm the one that doesn't know how the technology can be used and then I respond and all of a sudden I'm the one that's a troll? Oh and now all I do is drink in the club and I'm really ignorant? Try again.


Like I said, evening out the score.
Posted 2/22/13
I'm sure I can get that Sayaka figure for like 5 dollars on Ebay, plus free shipping.
17883 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Bayamón - Puerto...
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

butthurtking wrote:

I'm sure I can get that Sayaka figure for like 5 dollars on Ebay, plus free shipping.


Lol for me is amazon.
In the end it all depends who hast it cheeper.
Posted 2/22/13 , edited 2/22/13

Fujimura-Kun wrote:


butthurtking wrote:

I'm sure I can get that Sayaka figure for like 5 dollars on Ebay, plus free shipping.


Lol for me is amazon.
In the end it all depends who hast it cheeper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sayaka-Miki-deformation-Figure-Japan-anime-Puella-Magi-Madoka-Magica-official-/111009002800?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d8a6f530
Close enough.
768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

CLarose wrote:


AsuraCryin1980 wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

You CHOOSE to lack knowledge.... of past and current technologies.


I was being sarcastic, unless you meant something else. If there is no knowledge in the first place how can you lack it, you don't know what it is if it isn't there to begin with? How can you choose to lack it then? Just to ask that question.



Don't worry that guy is nothing but a giant forum troll. All he does all day is find a topic to and person to flame. His lack of knowledge would say, sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that.

Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record. Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's,dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.

Just remember starve a troll 2013



Another person who doesn't know jack shit.



sir if you get caught keeping that media stored and distribute it you will go to jail for that

No one was talking about distributing a damn thing so where did you get that from???


Guess he's a thieving pirate type making cd's, dvd's and blue rays cost so much to begin with from loss of sales.


Media isnt expensive because people steal it, Its expensive because companies know people are stupid enough to pay it. Thats the most backwards logic I have ever heard. People steal media because its too damn expensive.



Also on his note to you about DVR, why would you need it in the future if you have streaming and yes last I heard it had to be on a streamable TV channel to record


Streaming companies change their selection all the time. What are you saying??? Also, last you heard was a decade ago. Like I said, if it has a video output, you can DVR that shit.


So, because I'm smart enough that I'd rather not make someone else even wealthier by buying something that im already paying for, that makes me a thieving pirate? Oh yea, im a troll alright...


Dude you were not even old enough to play with a betamax.
And as far as recording stuff goes if you read licensing agreement copyright articles you will find you are in the wrong. After all when a place you received this from gives up the license it has you will be seen as a pirate who hoarded the streaming information. In america land son they would see you like any other common criminal. Even bootleg greg got his when he got caught popping those bootleg dvd items fresh out of his dvr.

As far as trolling, you are so definitely a busy body. I just call them like I see them just another punk mouth kid grown up or not.

P.S. the future called dvr is out and 1.21 gigawatts is in.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/22/13 , edited 2/22/13



Dude you were not even old enough to play with a betamax.


So because betamax came out before I was born, that means I could have NEVER been exposed to it? So you lived in my house as a kid know what my family owned? Right...



And as far as recording stuff goes if you read licensing agreement copyright articles you will find you are in the wrong. After all when a place you received this from gives up the license it has you will be seen as a pirate who hoarded the streaming information. In america land son they would see you like any other common criminal. Even bootleg greg got his when he got caught popping those bootleg dvd items fresh out of his dvr.


If I decide to record the streaming media that I am currently paying for and the service provider I get it from has the license to distribute it I am well within the confines of the law to use that media personally as long as its not for personal profit. As long as im not distributing it, im good. After the provider has given up the license to distribute that media, it will be up to the original producer of that media to prove that I still own and am still viewing that media. You keep talking about bootlegging DVDs but I never said anything about all that. You just keep trolling, though...



As far as trolling, you are so definitely a busy body. I just call them like I see them just another punk mouth kid grown up or not.


As far as trolling, sounds like you're doing just that to me right now seeing as how I said diddly squat to you and your uninformed counterpart until you two decided to chime in and further derail the topic.

I could have sworn the topic was about saving money on DVD and BD sets and wondering if CR is even trying. My response (to the OP and not you, sir) was Why buy DVDs or BD when you can pay a small fee for streaming. Since trying to get a deal is the topic of discussion, I figure the best deal is to just go with the streaming service that is offered.
46303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Tiphares
Online
Posted 2/22/13 , edited 2/22/13

CLarose wrote:

So because betamax came out before I was born, that means I could have NEVER been exposed to it? So you lived in my house as a kid know what my family owned? Right...


That's somewhat what I was talking about earlier when you said I lacked knowledge - you don't know if I've been exposed to those media devices before or not (or anything related to them) so saying I lack knowledge based upon that logic... well nevermind. I'm done, reasoning with you isn't worth the trouble.
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 2/22/13
Those Deals of the Day reminds me of when Suncoast was around in malls. $40 DVDs when Best Buy and Internet sold for $15-$20.
10135 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

So because betamax came out before I was born, that means I could have NEVER been exposed to it? So you lived in my house as a kid know what my family owned? Right...


That's somewhat what I was talking about earlier when you said I lacked knowledge - you don't know if I've been exposed to those media devices before or not (or anything related to them) so saying I lack knowledge based upon that logic... well nevermind. I'm done, reasoning with you isn't worth the trouble.


I know about plenty of things that were before my time, why? Because we live in an information age and have access to the knowledge. I also never asked you to reason with me. You decided to comment on a post that I didn't direct toward you. You also made a bunch of snide comments that lead me to believe that you know better. Maybe next time you will reconsider.
69121 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / UofL; Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 2/22/13

taonas wrote:

So I notice that lately when they deal of the day is a Figure or Clothing item, the prices are actually pretty good if you do not know where else to buy them.

However, when they do DVD or BD sets, I just have to ask, is CR even trying?

Today's deal, Bodacious Space Pirates BD Volume 2 - $50.99 + shipping.

Last I checked, CR movies come from Rightstuf, and Rightstuf is asking only $41.99 for the same set, with free shipping over $49. Seems odd to me that CR would be higher.

I wonder if CR is even trying when it comes to series sets.

Do any of you buy Anime from CR? If not, where do you buy Anime? Rightstuf? Amazon? Malaysian boot-legs?


That is why they removed the ability to comment on the "deals." People were educating others on where to find items cheaper and don't believe the crap X% off lie they are trying to sell. People try to defend Crunchyroll saying they didn't yet implement the comment section, seems funny since comment fields are ridiculously easy. The reason there is no comments is because it lost them some sales.
monkat 
26369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/13
I mean. Yeah. It's a bit disingenuous, but it's business. The store is wildly overpriced, too, but no one is forcing you to shop there.

IIRC, the box of random DVDs ended up making some people happy, but I'm very particular with what I want to own, so I didn't pick it up.

I wasn't around when it began, but I wish they would change the name to 'featured item' or something, and not spout the BS about working great, exclusive deals with other manufacturers and retailers, and the no return policy being for that reason. If you don't want to do returns, and you don't want to actually give a deal most of the time, that's fine. Just don't lie to us.
Crunchyroll Community Manager
27203 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 2/22/13
We obviously try and haggle to give you guys the best deals, but sometimes the person providing the product will not budge....

Posted 2/22/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


CLarose wrote:

So because betamax came out before I was born, that means I could have NEVER been exposed to it? So you lived in my house as a kid know what my family owned? Right...


That's somewhat what I was talking about earlier when you said I lacked knowledge - you don't know if I've been exposed to those media devices before or not (or anything related to them) so saying I lack knowledge based upon that logic... well nevermind. I'm done, reasoning with you isn't worth the trouble.


He sent me paragraphs to my inbox lolol
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.